Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth? Silent Weapons?

Peritas

Is it just me or do the Silent sounds needs some upgrading? i mean silent bombs?

but what gets me most is if you take the Rubico Sniper Rifle, when you "silence" it, it still goes BANG and echoes throughout the whole map. is that right? shouldn't these weapons get proper silencers on and at least then sound silent?

replace the "hush" mod with a silencer add-on or something? just a thought!

Think about this like an aura that makes enemies deaf, not silencing the sound itself.

An aura that makes enemies deaf to this specific weapon, mind you.

Pull out your not-silenced sidearm, or have a team mate, then they certainly aren't deaf.

I agree with OP here. Having my silenced Vectis go boom, and not alert a single soul, feels very odd.

There's muffled gun noise while in stealth on some frames. The sound could be replaced by that. Although, putting a hush mod on limit's the weapons potential damage output against higher level mobs. Loki does have a warframe augment mod that silences all weapons when invisible. Ivara needs one of those.

On top of that, there's a small number of silent based weapon types in the game not giving enough variety to silent weapon users. The throwing knives are weak in damage output compared to the cannons player's are running around with and the high damage options of silent weapons are all charge trigger. Charged trigger creates hesitation in movement making the warframe have to slow down to hold it's shot on target. Fire and forget weapons are faster to use while running through the level to combine melee hits with stealth. The new throwing sticky bomb weapons(Talons, Castanas) have hesitation in doing damage by waiting for the detonator to be clicked. Some new end game silent based weapons that have no hesitation would be great for stealth goers.