The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anyone Else Getting D/c As Client When An Acolyte Spawns?

Chroia

Any mission, I get (what I assume is) a CPU-choke.
Sometimes it recovers, sometimes not -> Disconnect.
If it recovers, their transmission stays on screen for the duration of the mission.
Doesn't happen when hosting.

Possibly related:
Where previously Warframe's process would start at ~800M of RAM and inch up to ~1G for usual running and up to 1.4G after a long session (at which point exiting and relaunching is a good idea), is's been sitting on 1.4+ Gb pretty much from launch since the Shadow Debt hotfix.

Edit 2: Added EE.log to ID #510268

Edit:
In retrospect, this should probably have been posted in 'Performance'.

Thank you to the kind Mod for the move.

Edited by Chroia

I can confirm this. So far a massive freeze happened just once. Other wise the freeze lasts for 1 sec when acolyte appears.

Game froze for 20 seconds after acolyte appeared and the game continued after the freeze just fine - excluding host migration and other stuff. Managed to record it. Keep your eye on the survival timer on top left corner to exclude doubts that i'm trolling/cheating with video editor.
Edited by carnaga

I was given to understand that CPU chokes either aren't tracked by EE.log, or there's nothing they can do about them - not sure.

Just in case, EE.log attached to support ticket #510268

Edited by Chroia

In my EE.log I find this entry related to Acolyte. Hard to say what it means cause I'm not a game developer.

118.300 Snd [Error]: Buffer underrun streaming /Lotus/Sounds/Enemies/StalkerAcolyte/StalkerAcolyteWhisperD.wav (0 active streams)

--- snip ---

129.648 Sys [info]: OnTransmissionLoaded: /Lotus/Sounds/Dialog/ProjectSinister/PSAcolyteDefeated/DPSAcolyteChaseAladV finished with result 1
129.651 Game [info]: GetQueuedTransmission returns: /Lotus/Sounds/Dialog/ProjectSinister/PSAcolyteDefeated/DPSAcolyteChaseAladV
129.651 Script [info]: Queued a transmission from Hud: /Lotus/Sounds/Dialog/ProjectSinister/PSAcolyteDefeated/DPSAcolyteChaseAladV
130.737 Game [Warning]: RegionMgrImpl::PrivateCreate failed, owner is garbage [requested type: /Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Anti/PrimeDissolveDeath]
130.737 Game [Warning]: RegionMgrImpl::PrivateCreate failed, owner is garbage [requested type: /Lotus/Fx/PowersuitAbilities/Anti/PrimeDissolveDeath]
131.134 Sys [info]: Created /Lotus/Interface/SurvivalReward.swf
139.112 Phys [Error]: 1 static entities deleted at runtime; eg:
139.112 Phys [Error]:     /Layer1/Layer1/Prefab1/MultiAvatarTrigger0
139.112 Phys [Error]: If this happens during gameplay it could cause performance problems!
155.206 Phys [info]: Tearing detected for ragdoll BipedRobotRagdoll. Disabling CCD.
155.241 Phys [info]: Tearing detected for ragdoll GrineerMarineRagdoll. Disabling CCD.
160.631 Sys [Error]: An object of type  wasn't unregistered from the event manager
164.309 Phys [Error]: Adding particles before the first simulation step is not supported.

I rofl'd on the bold part.

Edited by carnaga

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know we have been able to reproduce this locally and we are close to having a fix for it. 

Thank you for the fix.

Also, since update 18.4.4, I've been unable to properly scroll through the mod rewards list. I'm only able to see information on the top-most mod, but am unable to view the rest of the mods information properly.

Edit:

Fixed in 18.4.4.1!

Edited by Mobilizer

Just wanted to let you all know we have been able to reproduce this locally and we are close to having a fix for it. 

Pardon the *poke*, but in case this is related:

I get similar behavior when taking an ingame (f6) screenshot.

(I will disconnect clients if I'm the host, though.)

I believe that it only happens on the first screenshot of a session (i.e. once per launch of the game-client).

Can't give you a time-frame, at this point.

My first (remaining) EE.log of this - which is dated 26/10/2015 - is attached to ticket ID# 510666.

I've already deleted my old ones, but I'll grab a new one next time I'm ingame. (Probably Sunday.)