The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Spend Bought Platinum For Newer Players

ZailDyez

Question

Hello,

I recently got into warframe and having a blast for the last couple of weeks. I actually got lucky and got the 75% discount and decided to buy the largest plat package available. 

I was just wondering what would be the best way to use the platinum. So far I know the following: Do NOT spend plat on warframes and weapons [even though i want the Nekros warframe, but I'll resist. He just seems so tedious to farm in game :( ) Right now, I've just been slowly chipping away at my platnium by buying extra weapon and warframe slots when needed. 

I was thinking of unlocking the color pallets since I like mixing and matching all the colors for each warframe [i like having very distinct colors for each warframe so no frame has exactly the same colors] and maybe buying some potatoes [people say you can get these in game but I still haven't found a good way to get these :( I've gotten one blue potatoe....and that was 2 days ago from the shadow debt quest!] 

I was also thinking of buying some of the mods that I am having trouble getting, such as all the corrupted mods, because all of them seem very important. However, to be honest, trade chat intimidates me =/ I don't have a clan so I apparently can't trade since I don't have access to a dojo even though I'm MR3 and to be honest I have no clue how much all the mods would be. I also really can't farm the corrupt mods efficiently since region chat likes to troll me whenever I want to farm a party apparently and again, I do not have a clan to run with. Nor friends, since most of them went to BnS :( 

So yea, I really do not have an idea. I feel like a dragon who is sitting on a horde of gold that really doesn't use any of it. Except to look at it. 

Any opinions on any order of importance to spend plat on? Would really appreciate any advice I can get! 

Thanks in advance =3 

18 answers to this question

Slots. Lots of slots.

I don't know what frame you started with, but IIRC Volt is still in the shop super cheap. He's like 75p, but that includes catalyst(20p) and slot(20p). Even if you wouldn't normally buy the catalyst 55p for a frame is crazy. It would cost 50p just to rush him in the foundry to not wait for him to craft!

If you want Nekros and you have a ton of plat, the Update 10 Mega Bundle comes with Nekros and the Soma assault rifle, which can't usually be used until rank 6, but can be equipped immediately if gotten with the bundle. It's an expensive bundle though. Make sure you want everything in there.

Hello,

I recently got into warframe and having a blast for the last couple of weeks. I actually got lucky and got the 75% discount and decided to buy the largest plat package available. 

I was just wondering what would be the best way to use the platinum. So far I know the following: Do NOT spend plat on warframes and weapons [even though i want the Nekros warframe, but I'll resist. He just seems so tedious to farm in game :( ) Right now, I've just been slowly chipping away at my platnium by buying extra weapon and warframe slots when needed. 

I was thinking of unlocking the color pallets since I like mixing and matching all the colors for each warframe [i like having very distinct colors for each warframe so no frame has exactly the same colors] and maybe buying some potatoes [people say you can get these in game but I still haven't found a good way to get these :( I've gotten one blue potatoe....and that was 2 days ago from the shadow debt quest!] 

I was also thinking of buying some of the mods that I am having trouble getting, such as all the corrupted mods, because all of them seem very important. However, to be honest, trade chat intimidates me =/ I don't have a clan so I apparently can't trade since I don't have access to a dojo even though I'm MR3 and to be honest I have no clue how much all the mods would be. I also really can't farm the corrupt mods efficiently since region chat likes to troll me whenever I want to farm a party apparently and again, I do not have a clan to run with. Nor friends, since most of them went to BnS :( 

So yea, I really do not have an idea. I feel like a dragon who is sitting on a horde of gold that really doesn't use any of it. Except to look at it. 

Any opinions on any order of importance to spend plat on? Would really appreciate any advice I can get! 

Thanks in advance =3 

Only buy WarFrame slots & Weapon slots.  Everything else should be farmed.  Only buy plat when you get a 75% off daily login bonus.

If more people did this, you'd see those 75% off and 50% off coupons far more often.

Warframe and weapon slots are ALWAYS handy to have (Unless you have everything already)

90% of the cosmetics are a good buy if you're drawn to them (don't buy the helmets, be patient for an alert that rewards them)

Corrupted mods aren't too hard to farm manually, just time-consuming and VERY RNG based. you could spend plat on them, but I personally prefer to go with trades, or plat that you got SPECIFICALLY from trades

if you've been farming 1 Prime piece from the void for what feels like EVER and you REALLY want it, and it's starting to wear on you/piss you off, might be good to trade for it

Nightmare mods are also pretty easily farmable, I wouldn't worry about those too much

Keep an eye out for bundles that have exclusive content (Like the Hunhow pack and the Deluxe Skins) yeah the Hunhow pack has a farmable weapon (War) but has pack-exclusive items and is the (current) only way to keep both versions of War, so it's worth it IMO

Noggles if you REALLY want to. your choice though

Kubrow genetic packs are a good buy if you use them

the Kubrow Incubator Upgrade is an alright pick, it's farmable, but takes a LOT of rare resources that newer players just won't have and will be better put to other projects, AND it makes Kubrow much easier to care for without the insane money sums that he vets have

Do a little bit of research on a higher tier weapon and buy a catalyst for it after obtaining it. Braton prime set and Boltor prime sets are very cheap in chat. Like 25/35 respectively.

Buy a color pallete that you like. I recommend the saturated colors, since I'm enjoying it.

Also, put a orokin reactor on your favorite frame or one that you think will be pretty cool and that you might spend a lot of time on.

Then...........

WELCOME - TO WARFARM! Where you'll spend the next month or two, ranking up all your mods lol.

Edit: Also, don't buy any corrupted mods just yet. Go into the market, equipment, and then key section and buy all the dragon key blueprints. Go into the recruiting channel and look for Vault runs or even host one yourself. Typically, it's run on ODE or Orokin derelict exterminate mission. You'll probably be weak, don't worry about it and just equip a key that no one else wants to run. The hobbled key is the least fun lol.

Edited by TGKazein

but has pack-exclusive items and is the (current) only way to keep both versions of War, so it's worth it IMO

Actually, I believe they made the Stalker drop the blueprints for both the War and the Broken War now, and will be available in Sorties sometime in the future.

Edited by Commander_Snake_Eyes

Actually, I believe they made the Stalker drop the blueprints for both the War and the Broken War now, and will be available in Sorties sometime in the future.

Correct on both counts!

HOWEVER, War requires Broken-War to build, and vice-versa

I also use the "Currently" quantifier, as said Sortie Reward isn't out yet

I started with Volt and so far I've spent plat on Loki and Excalibur because they were only 75 each. I haven't regretted that as those frames have sort of opened up my playstyle choices and I can farm the prime versions later on if I really want to.

My main worry with buying weapons and frames is it almost feels like I'd be removing content from the game by doing do. 

As many said:

slots, cosmetics (syandana, armor), color palette, catalyst and reactor when you need them for a weapon/frame you like a lot. At the beginning you will not need them until you have more mods and there's at least 1 of the 2 every 2 weeks.

btw: you are not limited in inventory space for anything but warframes and weapons.

You can only pick up 1 kubrow egg from missions on earth, but you can own more from buying them/alerts.

Recommendations and tips:

Smoke color palette if you like grey/white/black ALSO available from What stalker? a bundle which comes with dread and despair 2 great weapons.

Hunhow's gift: Rad cosmetic armor, War one the best melee weapon in the game (only way to get it and broken war but I wouldn't bother before playing seconds dream quest kinda spoiling if you check those page on the wiki and what's not) + kubrow armor and scimitar (another spaceship) skin.

A must in color palette: Saturated.

Check out your favored warframe skins.

If you want to buy an armor for your warframe buy the bundle, unless you want a single part (wut?)

Look at bundles, they have quite a few good deals.

Warframes helm sometimes appear in alerts, but it can be long before you find the one specific helm you want. Think it through before buing it. Also do all helm alert, even for frame you dont have you never know you might like that frame and want that helm.

Don't do buying spree, wait and be sure you want something/look at reviews of said item.

Personally I don't like to buy things I can obtain, I feel it removes content/enjoyment. That's why I buy absolutely nothing from the trade chat.

Trade chat tend to over price some items imo, be sure that you are satisfied with the price you are paying/selling before finishing a deal.

You will learn with time what is a good purchase or not for yourself.

I once bought the 100$ worth plat with a 75% discount when I first started, that plat kept me going for over a year. No rush, unless it says time limited.

That purchase was very wise, I'm glad to see a new player with a good amount of sense in their head.

As far as what you should/shouldn't buy, pretty much follow what the other have said. If you can get something by farming, it's usually not worth spending platinum on it.

Here's a quick tip:

When it comes to forma; don't buy them from the market. If you really need them at a moment's notice, you can rush their build for half the market price. Meaning as long as you have the blueprints, you essentially get two of them for 20 plat.

Also, since you've got a decent amount of platinum, it'd be a good idea to educate yourself on the trading market. Honestly, if you're smart and patient enough; you can turn 30 platinum into 300 very easily. Just remember this rule of thumb:

Buy low, sell high.

Also, keep watch on what items will be going into the prime vault next. As soon as something isn't farmable any more, it's value will go up by at least double; if not more.

Edited by xTrimmZ