Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Don't Introduce Too Much Grind

KaeseSchnitte

Be advised, personal opinion ahead.

I think the latest event is too grindy and I'd like to see future events to be less grindy.

Now I'm not saying that grind in general is bad. I have all prime warframes and most of the prime weapons, so I sure have done a fair share of grind myself. But that was enjoyable, since I was able to grind at my own pace. There was no difference if I'd get Trinity Prime this week or in two weeks.

The new event however is on a clock and I feel forced to play more than I want to to get mods that are probably unobtainable otherwise for a while.

So I'd like to ask you to limit the "grind on a clock". Grind in general is not bad, but time limited grind is in my opinion.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

The same happened with Nezha in my opinion. You only have one chance in 24h to obtain a part. I get that DE is trying to increase market sales (I get it, they need to live from something) yet I feel the general amount of grinding is getting bigger at the time (which is somewhat concerning me). Nevertheless, Warframe is also teaching you about patience, because everything will be available at a later point again (just as the latest vault opening for frost prime proved, even if it is just for a limited time).

So I agree with OP.

Well, The thing for Nezha is atleast, while you only have a small chance to obtain a part, there is no timelimit in which you have to obtain the part. But I think you'll like the changes coming to sortie missions DE has talked about in their latest devstream.

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

Most people fail to understand, that the mods of this event are some kind of sub-rewards, they are being added in-game with the acolyte after the event and will still be obtainable. Probably, harder to get though.

We don't KNOW that. They said the acolytes would be back in game at some point, and in some form, but not if the mods will drop. Some people have been playing YEARS and don't have despair yet.... so simply being in game does mean you can just get it. Because DE hasn't said the mods will be available through regular farming (or what not) in game, after the event, players must assume these mods are like Fanged Fusillade, and Piercing Caliber, which sell for hundreds of plat in trade because they are not available.

Ergo, players are forced to farm this event to ridiculous levels and burn themselves out. If the mods weren't there people wouldn't farm as hard and the event would last weeks.

Most people fail to understand, that the mods of this event are some kind of sub-rewards, they are being added in-game with the acolyte after the event and will still be obtainable. Probably, harder to get though.

That's really a matter of perspective. Most people view the mods from a point of higher value than the other rewards in the event. 

Ok I know we don't know if they will ever truly come back, but honestly, no one is telling us to farm the mods, we just WANT the mods, not need, WANT. The actual rewards are so overshadowed by the mods that people assume the true rewards are the mods. They shouldn't have made the event like this in the first place because it make the forums even MORE toxic than usual. The mods are unnecessary anyway they just take stuff that was already{minus the combo system since its horrible without body count}good and boost it to unnecessary levels. So until they actually remove dmg mods, they are unneeded and the only thing making the event grindy is yourselves. Besides at a certain point with the scaling in this game a red critical or yellow critical make no difference as the enemies will have millions of health and will just be cc'ed to death. 

Too late. I've been playing since warframe released on my platform and the grind is far worse now than it was then. Most of the recent decisions are profit driven grind walls. I used to play with several others a few hours every night but we're all sick of the excessive grind (one prime part per four rewards, thanks DE!), especially seeing the reactions from this latest event.

Won't matter to me much anyways, I'm building a PC and I'm not about to regrind everything again after I switch over. Just saying: don't hold your breath, they don't seem to be getting the message when it comes to reducing the grind.