The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Modding Banshee

(PSN)Kumikarkki

Question

9 answers to this question

i  made this build i feel its good blance...  transient fortitude.intesity power drift that rise u power on 200% what make u sonar 10x dmg ..she is very squshy so i use redirection and vitality on her... maxed primed flow.streach.and resonance augment..i use arcane chorus 10% efficancy and energy syphon

YMMV but dunno if you need all that much Strength, the base 5x damage is already plenty, IMO.

I likes me some Range (Stretch + Overextended + only Transient Fortitude to negate the loss) instead,

this makes Sound Quake an amazing lockdown tool and Sonic Boom just fun to spam :D

Streamline + Fleeting Expertise (R4) for more spam spam eggs and spa- *ahem*

while Primed Continuity + Constitution make you end up with (again, IMO sufficient) pretty much base Duration.

VItality / Redirection as you prefer.

You can also replace Fleeting (and Constitution) by Resonance (and Sonic Fracture / Primed Flow).

TWjYQQF.png

Kw7YUDY.png

Thank you for the detailed reply, I'm guessing that this is(correct me if I'm wrong) good for endless missions? I mean for the dmg multiplier being good against those high lvl enemies in the void etc.? 

YMMV but dunno if you need all that much Strength, the base 5x damage is already plenty, IMO.

I likes me some Range (Stretch + Overextended + only Transient Fortitude to negate the loss) instead,

this makes Sound Quake an amazing lockdown tool and Sonic Boom just fun to spam :D

Streamline + Fleeting Expertise (R4) for more spam spam eggs and spa- *ahem*

while Primed Continuity + Constitution make you end up with (again, IMO sufficient) pretty much base Duration.

VItality / Redirection as you prefer.

You can also replace Fleeting (and Constitution) by Resonance (and Sonic Fracture / Primed Flow).

Thank you for the reply, I'll make sure to try out this build as soon as I get my Banshee to lvl 30 c:

You don't need that much strength. Something like 1000% will be perfectly fine for endgame content,especially with Resonance stacking. Note that Resonance is affected by power duration so if you have a positive duration then the Resonance procs will actually last longer than the initial cast.

My personal Sortie banshee build, The savage silence is mostly for Pub Ash damage boosting and at times I swap it out for Sonic Fracture for armor strip, Or vitality for some defencesives since banshee is fragile after all, Arcane Chorus helmet is used for efficiency tough build should function without it.

Quick edit: Aura is swapped to needs of the team, So corrosive projection for Grineer sorties

DLVqm41.jpg

Edited by Patemaani

I have 2 Builds for Banshee.

One build is the typical Sonar Power-strength Support Build. Pairs extremely well with Blessing Trinity for ridiculous endless runs...or for Quick-boss fights like 1-shotting Juggernaut Behemoth

12621997_10206174837309919_4205610615108

(I swap either Primed Flow and Natural Talent...spending on end-less run or quick Boss run)

12640398_10206174751467773_5381869640941

The other is my personal favorite build, which has me playing Banshee most of the time now....uses the Efficiency cap bypass on Channeled abilities that I discovered when dumping Formas into WuKong.

{Basically Efficiency over the 175% cap can be used to counter negative Duration so that Channeled Abilities can still have very low Energy per second costs}

This playstyle is extremely Cast-spammy for survivability unless you do the AfK thing or utilize Naramon Shadow Step for Invisibility.

'Don't Touch Me' Build

12646716_10206174753747830_4899068486941

12633688_10206174753267818_1221699600330

In my build if you Remove Arcane Chorus or Run a Streamline at 20% (instead of 30% Max) SoundQuake Channeling costs goes from the 3 listed to 9.6 energy per second....basically that extra 10% from Arcane Chorus allows for this unique build.

This build is good for All Factions (except possibly Sentients... I have not tried it but I assume Silence does not stun Sentients...hmmm???)

Explanation:

Silence won't work on Nullifier enemies but basically everything else if free-game to be stunned repeatedly every 3-secs.

(A lot of casting)

Because of the Range at 47-50m you can cover an Objective and keep enemies from attacking.

If you need to pick-up a player or Hack a terminal (quickly) cast Silence then jump towards player/Terminal cast Sonic Boom to knockdown then cast Silence again and perform Hack/Revive.

(The stun gets applied after the enemies get up basically doubling the stun length ...thus allowing the breathing room needed to perform action)

Sound Quake is easy-mode or AFK Mode of you don't want to take chances with High-level Defense/Excavation/Mobile-Defense ...only enemies that ignore the Sound-Quake CC are Osprey and Nullifier (Protected)groups bit you can have team-mates watch for them.

I usually cast Sonar to see if enemies are coming close... Then cast Silence...you'll see red dots on mini map stop moving = This means they are in Range for both Silence and Sound-Quake as they share the same range. Then you can Sound-Quake to keep enemies away/locked-down.

Where things get skillful is when you learn to be quick with Sonar... I have the Strength boosted a little since the duration is very short...I cannot stack Sonars... I did this with the intention of prepping for Body Count Mod.

-You can use the 6+Modifier to quickly boost well placed shots...I recommend a Hard Hitting accurate hitscan Weapon. I am using a Sybaris because of hitscan and Swag ;)

-Melee wise when enemies get into the 70+ you can use a Sonar cast to boost the melee damage.

-This gets even better with Naramon Shadow Step active as you can choose to boost AoE damage with Melee with satisfying results.

When Body-Count comes to PS4...this will allow for my preferred Gas+Electric Serro to do put in some serious work.

I use the Pole-arm weapons with Banshee because of the efficient Quick-melee attacks that allow me to still Quick-Shot (Burst-down) Heavy Units without dealing with the Holster speed delays.

-I don't run Vitality, nor Life-Strike, nor Redirection/Vigor

-I rely on Quick-thinking and basically Magnetic or Eximus drains are near-death for me (High Priority targets)

When in a Bind I bullet-jump and cast Pancake or two to Recuperate.

Aura and Exilus/Drift Mod depends on game/team.

For Solo or boss runs I use Power-Drift for both builds.

Only Auras I use are Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection the energy used for Sonar boosts melee damage more than Steel Charge and same goes for Rifle Amp and others

Coaction Drift is my new staple mod for Co-Op

(The boost benefit in a Trial with 8 coaction drifts allows for a very 'Special' boost)

In normal 4-man missions it is still useful when at least 3 players have Auras equipped.)

I don't have room for Augments but I don't feel like I miss them.

Since you are on PS4 we can group up to see min duration + large range in action.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi