Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Build Soma Without Any Forma ?

LoneWandererZed

Question

9 answers to this question

Depends on the rank of the mods you have tbh. but if you have all the mods maxed this is the best build; and a pretty good one imo

serration

split chamber

point strike

vital sense

3 dual stat elements

R2 Rifle Ammo Mutation 

And if you're looking for more damage(not overall, but you can get a bigger bonus on the heavy units) you can drop one of the dual stats and make the rifle mutation just R1 and put in 2 90% damage mods, you will have an empty slot with this config

against corpus just run pure toxin damage with malignant force and infected clip

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

8X1mneh.png

You can go a couple ways with this. I would use Shred to help with its slow wind-up up time, but you could replace it with a ammo mutation if you don't use ammo restores.

Or you could remove Shred to have room to replace the 60% elemental mods with 90% ones, but you would lose out on DPS without the fire-rate and punch-through.

Either way, you could clear the star chart and even more with these builds. (Maybe not as much vs shielding, which is when you go with magnetic)

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

I have been playing for 6 months, and finally got around to getting soma prime.  I did a Crit build and this thing is doing more damage then my Bolters, and it is a hit-scann weapon with a HUGE ammo clip.

Even with just serration, Multi-shot, Heavy caliber, and point strike, this was a good weapon.  So yes.  It is good.  But why stop there?

8X1mneh.png

You can go a couple ways with this. I would use Shred to help with its slow wind-up up time, but you could replace it with a ammo mutation if you don't use ammo restores.

Or you could remove Shred to have room to replace the 60% elemental mods with 90% ones, but you would lose out on DPS without the fire-rate and punch-through.

Either way, you could clear the star chart and even more with these builds. (Maybe not as much vs shielding, which is when you go with magnetic)

This is what I'd do. You can of course swap the elements for whatever suits the situation. Personally, I like to use Viral, as the rate of fire makes procs quite likely. Especially with those dual stat mods in.

Edited by Tails-san

I have 3 answers:

Sarcasm, yes it doesn't take any forma to build(had to do it sorryXD)

The honest, yes you can but it won't reach the amazing level it is with a few forma(as with most every weapon)

And finnaly the brutally honest it cannot be "properly" nodded to bring out the crit king it is and people won't take a uninformed build seriously

You can run a Soma (or any weapon) without forma. Will it perform at its maximum potential? Nope. But you can do it. The nature of the weapon means it may take a bigger performance hit from top potential than, say, a boltor. 

If you like the Soma as a weapon (hit scan, general style, etc), then your best bet is to get a Soma Prime, and get the forma on it. It's an excellent weapon (in my opinion) and well worth several forma. If you don't like it, then of course don't. Personally I like the gun a lot. I think I have three forma in mine, and I'd put in ten more if it would do any good. It's my go-to gun.

You can, but it'll be nowhere near what it could be.

The Soma (and SomaP) are crit based weapons and extremely mod intensive. There are things they must have to attain peak performance and you simply can't do it all without at least two forma--and four is much, much better.