The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank?

RakuyoExcelsior

Question

There has to be another, better way to get my Mastery Rank up. I'm only [3] and I'm running out of weapons from the market really fast. Already went through like 7 different weapons in one go and the mastery rank basely seems to even go up. Just got a new secondary weapon, got it to 20-ish or so the mastery rank didn't really go up.

I'm sure there's a better way to get mastery rank up better than making a new weapon, do the survival missions for 4 hours and get it to rank 30.

I just don't know what.

Also, what is mastery rank really? Does it offer anything like stat increases? What is the difference between a mastery rank 2 and a mastery rank 15 with the same weapons / mods and warframe?

Such things are never really explained and I kinda got lost a bit there.

18 answers to this question

Higher MR = access to more weapons, loadouts, and "better" login rewards.

You get more MR points from sentinels, warframes, archwings, and kubrow than weapons. Honestly I wouldn't worry about rushing through MR. Just playing the game will get you there eventually.

Make sure you're ranking new stuff.  If you've already gotten a Lato to 30, no other "Lato" will give you mastery (though "AkLato" will).  You also get mastery by beating new star chart missions you haven't beaten before, so clearing the star chart works.

Trying to grind mastery rank is boring.  Just let stuff level up as you beat star chart missions and hunt parts and junk.

and "better" login rewards.

The login reward pool doesn't change by MR.  Just the chances of getting the "good" stuff.  So when we got the new rewards, since everybody started at 0 days all the high-MR players were getting the good rewards... out of the newbie pile.

Edited by Rydian

Higher MR = access to more weapons, loadouts, and "better" login rewards.

You get more MR points from sentinels, warframes, archwings, and kubrow than weapons. Honestly I wouldn't worry about rushing through MR. Just playing the game will get you there eventually.

this except id like to add that you get a bit more if you level a set of three weapons at a time than you would get from a single frame or kubrow. more to the point, you dont get more mastery for leveling a weapon again and in the case where you partially level it you wont get mastery for the levels you already gained in it so even if you dont like the weapon finish it out so you never have to revisit it. otherwise just try new stuff and have some fun. just as a note, to go from rank 3 to rank 4 it will take 2 full sets (a warframe and 3 weapons is one set) plus a weapon and a half so my tip is to just try to level full sets and if you get to a point where only one weapon needs xp dont bring other weapons if you can manage without them that way you get more xp for the one item.

Edited by Caobie

Why should I worry about Mastery Rank?

it's actually very useful because you have more access to in-game items such as syndicate weapons, more trades, better login reward, (the only warframe the requires a rank is rhino I believe and that's MR 2) so on.

Syndicate weapon require rank 12. you can consider them stat increase because they increase your stats depends on the syndicate you chose

Why should I forma my weapon?

You should forma your weapon because it gives you more polarities this meaning more efficiency, allowing you to equip higher mods or more mods. 

How do you level up Mastery Rank?

You don't need to get a new weapon to level up MR you can forma the weapon you like and that will get you MR points. any weapon that is not level 30 will earn you MR points.

Other reasons?

Some in-game quest require a certain rank before you are able to start the quest.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Pertinent information:

Warframes : 6000 mastery points

Archwings : 6000 mastery points

Companions : 6000 mastery points (kubrow and sentinels)

Weapons : 3000 mastery points  (sentinel weapons, tenno weapons, archwing weapons)

Mission Nodes : (total : 14796) -- a small amount of mastery for completion of each node. (can only be acquired once)

If you want to maximize how quickly you're gaining mastery...

Have a fully unleveled set to work on as often as possible. (warframe, weapons, companion)

The login reward pool doesn't change by MR.  Just the chances of getting the "good" stuff.  So when we got the new rewards, since everybody started at 0 days all the high-MR players were getting the good rewards... out of the newbie pile.

I said "better"...

You don't need to get a new weapon to level up MR you can forma the weapon you like and that will get you MR points. any weapon that is not level 30 will earn you MR points.

Thats wrong you only get mastery the first time you level a weapon/frame to 30 i would be MR 30 by now if that was true.

One last tip, don't ever go full leveling stuff. If Stalker comes to you, you will most likely die for the lack of damage and health. Also, you will like to kill him, since he drop some good weapons (Despair, Dread), which are pretty useful for new players.

the fastest way to rank up on the cheap is probably to level each sentinel type you can get (excludes primes and such) alongside the easy to get frames (mag, rhino, banshee, volt, zephyr, oberon, ... sorts of things) + market weapons and dojo weapons and if feeling like it one of each kubrow breed (annoying to do).

By the time you have done those youll have access to another tier of farmable frames and be close to having rank enough to use the vast majority of items in the game (around rank 8 you can use most of it).

Ok, so ranking up only gives me access to more stuff basically?

There's no "put points into STR and DEX every level up" and things like that?

That would be what your mods do. The Focus system is currently the closest thing to an RPG leveling system. I know there is a pretty steep wall for new players to get over. My best advice is check the wiki for where to get what? and what does this do? questions. Guidance is best given from other players.

Thats wrong you only get mastery the first time you level a weapon/frame to 30 i would be MR 30 by now if that was true.

I was never aware of this, thank you for letting me know!

I was never aware of this, thank you for letting me know!

NO! That is completely false. Forma'ing a weapon will NOT give you more mastery points for re-leveling it. You just get a better weapon. If it was possible to get more MR points simply by forma'ing a weapon, it would be exploited as ****.

This is not true. Do not forma your weapons thinking you get more MR points from releveling them!