The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Which Primary Weapon Do You Recommend For Solo Survival

SigweardStoneFist

Question

Currently I have Quanta Vandal, Boltor Prime, Soma prime.

Soma Prime reaches 35 minutes.

Boltor Prime reaches 50 minutes.

Quanta Vandal reaches 58 minutes.

All before running out of ammo to quick.

But is there any new primary weapon that is able to reach higher than 60 minutes?

ps:

I don't like bows that much.

23 answers to this question

Synoid Simulor is pretty ammo-efficient, too.

So is Phage, if you go easy on fire rate mods in favor of damage/crit. 

It also depends on the frame - find a narrow passage you can cover completely with Volt's shields and that added electricity and crit damage will save you some ammo (because you will kill stuff quicker).  

The above weapons suggested are all good candidates for long runs, I own them all and also recommend them.

But specifically considering ammo-efficiency only, I suggest Opticor. Literally never run out of ammo on it in my playtime experience.

I also vote sancti tigris but vaykor hek is good to although i dont really use it.... if your somewhat far into whatever syndicate ranks you've chose, your best off to not switch. You can always sell/trade whatever gun you get at the end for a sanct tigris(all syndicate weapons are tradeable). Same with mods.

are you bringing Ammo Restores? 

if you aren't I would honestly consider it.

they're not much help on short runs, but for really long runs (like you seem to be doing) they can be a life saver

you can get Medium Restores from Clan research, each one restores 360 Rifle Ammo (less for other ammo types) over 30 sec

Large Ammo restores are available from Red Veil and give 440 RA over 30 sec (again, less for other ammo types)

are you bringing Ammo Restores? 

if you aren't I would honestly consider it.

they're not much help on short runs, but for really long runs (like you seem to be doing) they can be a life saver

you can get Medium Restores from Clan research, each one restores 360 Rifle Ammo (less for other ammo types) over 30 sec

Large Ammo restores are available from Red Veil and give 440 RA over 30 sec (again, less for other ammo types)

I always bring them, problem is.

the weapons run out of ammo again after 2 minutes.

I build my warframe so that there is -45% armor on enemies to pump a bit more damage.

Might need 2 more corrosive projection I guess?

You're going to want your elemental damage to be Corrosive for void anyway. Corrosive/Viral, maybe (looks at Phage), since the procs help a bit.

But considering the armor scaling in this game, you *will* get stuck sooner or later unless going in with cheesy setups like pure hysteria Valkyr (she can literally claw her way out of enemies even past 90 minutes using the slide attacks and combos) - but that kinda defeats the purpose of going in with a primary weapon. 

Edited by Reifnir

Why you wanna past 60 btw???

Most stuff that isn't automatic have better ammo eficiency, but for 60 solo... I think only shotguns and crazy weapons like Ssimulor, Latron Prime,Tonkor maybe secura penta(but it gonna kill you).

I am surprise to hear Quanta run out like, ever...

But I sugest the good and credit market Hek, the small CC and heal from Justice proc will help you a lot too.

You're going to want your elemental damage to be Corrosive for void anyway. Corrosive/Viral, maybe (looks at Phage), since the procs help a bit.

But considering the armor scaling in this game, you *will* get stuck sooner or later unless going in with cheesy setups like pure hysteria Valkyr (she can literally claw her way out of enemies even past 90 minutes using the slide attacks and combos) - but that kinda defeats the purpose of going in with a primary weapon. 

Using radiation/viral, works pretty well.

My hikou prime uses corrosive instead.

Why you wanna past 60 btw???

Most stuff that isn't automatic have better ammo eficiency, but for 60 solo... I think only shotguns and crazy weapons like Ssimulor, Latron Prime,Tonkor maybe secura penta(but it gonna kill you).

I am surprise to hear Quanta run out like, ever...

But I sugest the good and credit market Hek, the small CC and heal from Justice proc will help you a lot too.

the reason why I want to get past 60 is because forma runs and getting other prime stuff without wasting too much keys.

It always depends on frame... what is your usual set up?

(Frame, Primary(you already told), Secondary and Melee)

Modified loki invisible and radial disarm build, that supports -45% armor reduction on enemies.

Currently using Quanta Vandal as that goes the furthest.

Hikou prime w/ corrosive and seeker, yes I use the seeker on it.

Orthos prime with viral and beserker

Have you tried the new mods?

Bladed rounds boost the multiplier of the crits... killing fast means less bullets... 

Or, when all fails, maybe what you need is some ammo mutation/scavenger... 

Maybe using another frame to support the weapon... like Mirage (I use mirage, and 4-5x damage on light is just awesome) or Banshe (10x crit spot)

(going melee, with the new mods and naramon is a choice now, but no the case, tough... Loki could pull that)

But then again... the good ol' strategy... the ammo problem is probably because of gunners and bombards... so... kill the rest, disarm (augment) them and let the others kill them... (or try going viral+radiation, a rad proc on them would have the same effect, and both procs are nice...) In the end, it all comes to killing more to get LS, since Loki can get away undetected most of the time, just don't focus on heavy armored and go for the rest...

Have you tried the new mods?

Bladed rounds boost the multiplier of the crits... killing fast means less bullets... 

Or, when all fails, maybe what you need is some ammo mutation/scavenger... 

Maybe using another frame to support the weapon... like Mirage (I use mirage, and 4-5x damage on light is just awesome) or Banshe (10x crit spot)

(going melee, with the new mods and naramon is a choice now, but no the case, tough... Loki could pull that)

But then again... the good ol' strategy... the ammo problem is probably because of gunners and bombards... so... kill the rest, disarm (augment) them and let the others kill them... (or try going viral+radiation, a rad proc on them would have the same effect, and both procs are nice...) In the end, it all comes to killing more to get LS, since Loki can get away undetected most of the time, just don't focus on heavy armored and go for the rest...

Quanta Vandal uses radiation/viral.

Yes I try to avoid the heavily armored enemies, but after 55 minutes it's full of them.

Maybe I should party up with 2 more people using corrosive projection so they have no armor left.

But I cannot always party up.

Sancti Tigris,Tonkor,Vaykor Hek,Synoid Simulor.

The shotguns would be a good place to start, specifically the Sancti Tigris and Vaykor Hek. 

Synoid Simulor is pretty ammo-efficient, too.

So is Phage, if you go easy on fire rate mods in favor of damage/crit. 

It also depends on the frame - find a narrow passage you can cover completely with Volt's shields and that added electricity and crit damage will save you some ammo (because you will kill stuff quicker).  

I also vote sancti tigris but vaykor hek is good to although i dont really use it.... if your somewhat far into whatever syndicate ranks you've chose, your best off to not switch. You can always sell/trade whatever gun you get at the end for a sanct tigris(all syndicate weapons are tradeable). Same with mods.

synoid simulor, veykor hek, tonkor.

Edited by (PS4)Victini24316

For me, some of the most effective Primary weapons I often use during T4 Survival is the Boar Prime or the Boar is just as fine, it's currently in Prime Vault (Inaccessible). But with 1 forma and a potato, I made it into lvl 50's very easily during survival in Ceres, Nuovo, I modded for Corrosive and Heat, kills lvl 50 heavy gunners in 2 hits. However, personal opinion aside, it has terrible ammo economy, so I still wouldn't recommend it.

All other's aside just use the Tonkor to kill the lvl 100 enemies, but I believe that Broken weapons are just boring to use and bring no fun to the game

I see many people talking about the sancti and synoid weapons, looks like i'm ranking up the right syndicates.

(Please excuse the multiple quotes I posted before this post, this was ment to go along with that post but I screwed up.)

I won't blame you

For me, some of the most effective Primary weapons I often use during T4 Survival is the Boar Prime or the Boar is just as fine, it's currently in Prime Vault (Inaccessible). But with 1 forma and a potato, I made it into lvl 50's very easily during survival in Ceres, Nuovo, I modded for Corrosive and Heat, kills lvl 50 heavy gunners in 2 hits. However, personal opinion aside, it has terrible ammo economy, so I still wouldn't recommend it.

All other's aside just use the Tonkor to kill the lvl 100 enemies, but I believe that Broken weapons are just boring to use and bring no fun to the game

+50 minutes on Tower III or Tower IV survival, the enemies are level 70+ with a load of hp.

and I sold the tonkor because it is broken.