The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats Up With Combustion Beam?

(PSN)smizdeazy

Question

12 answers to this question

It generally depends on the weapon you use it on. Ignis and Atomos, for example, are great weapons to slot Combustion Beam onto.

it isn`t available for secondaries and sucks on ignis......

if u ask me it`s not worth the slot, better slap on some punch through if u want CC

Edited by Bizzaro21

It's not that useful past level 35 or so, but it is fun to use!

The mod isn't that sought after, but some people have been trying to get it, mostly for collector reasons.

You should give it a try anyways, won't know how "viable" something is until you test it. But, something doesn't have to be "viable" to be fun.

Huh, probably mistook Combustion Beam for another secondary mod. Regardless, how it's modded and the weapon used can make a big difference.

not really, tried it with ignis, didn`t kill anything with its small radius, tried firestorm, it did hit but damage is so meh

The explosion will kill other nearby enemies, up to a certain point.

Past that point you are far better off using another element or something like punchthrough.

So, use it for fun.

Syndicate missions, alerts, random farming, but not Sorties or if you plan on going to high waves/levels.

Also try combining it with certain frame powers that group enemies up like Vortex, or Irradiating Disarm, or even chokepoints on Defence maps.

Edited by Egg_Chen

It's also a decent damage boost if you want to keep your ignis pure fire for working with embers accelerant. If you use several elements it probably isn't worth the damage loss.

I have it on my ember loadout and i take that ignis build to sorties no problem.

It works great in crowded game modes because killing the weaker enemies will cause explosions that will help kill the tankier enemies in a group.

For instance any kind of shield osprey, orokin drone, maggot or latcher will die almost instantly (even at high levels) and do some explosion damage.

A real neat thing about this mod is it gives you the ability to kill a brood mother using its own maggots exploding inside it.