The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Complaint About Chat Suspension

ClaraVitalia

Question

Hello, fellow Tenno. (That rolls off the tongue far better than I thought it would.)

Just a warning to those who find it funny to call the Void Trader something vulgar and inappropriate... I got permabanned from both Relay and Council chats for saying it. Just FYI that either the chat mods or the KickBot are taking a no-tolerance stance on that little community joke that I've seen floating around in Larunda and other places in the US-East region.

So if you find that you suddenly "have your access to this channel suspended" and it never is restored, that's why. Personally, I think that's a load of bull, but whatever. Gotta suck the fun out of Chatframe somehow... lmao

Anyway, time to play something else, I guess. If the devs want to be prudish and ban people for making a joke, but won't do anything about people throwing words like -snip- and -snip-, and phrases like "kill yourself" around, then I think I'll be wanting for a new game to play...

This is your friendly, neighborhood Trinity, telling you to stay in school, don't do drugs, and never have any fun. <3

Cheers!

- 2br02b, 2016

Edited by Letter13
Removed profanity

10 answers to this question

This is why I left Region chat and never looked back.  It serves no useful purpose anymore other than for Reddit morons to circlejerk the latest memes.

You just happened to mimic one of those (terrible) memes and were punished for it.  So now you post a whine thread about how DE has no sense of humor instead of admitting to yourself that the joke wasn't that funny and probably shouldn't have been posted at all.

But cognitive dissonance is your specialty; to the point where you make a thread with PSA in the title despite that being a banned phrase per the forum rules.

But who cares about rules right!?  Stick it to the man!  Then the 'man' will banhammer you until you leave.  That's kinda how moderation works.

You can whine about overly aggressive moderation when the word 'manipulate' becomes 'ma***ulate' due to overly aggressive word filtering in a Japanese/Korean/Chinese MMORPG because reasons.  Because saying the word 'nipple' or 'nip' is apparently so heinous that they have to filter it.  They'd have a heart attack at the 'nip slip' in bring white bold text on the cover of nearly every American tabloid ever made; available at supermarket checkouts everywhere!

People like you are the reason that yet another feature of the game is being completely removed for an unknown amount of time to be 'reworked' to satify whatever ridiculous demands the elitist jerks are yelling about this time around.

So instead of a Void Trader selling stuff you don't care about, there will be no trader.  Are you happy with that now?  >_>

The presence of a Void Trader selling what you didn't care about is something that so completely offended you that you had to participate in making crude jokes about it instead of constructive criticism.

Edited by FreshNinja007

So if you find that you suddenly "have your access to this channel suspended" and it never is restored

Oh so you literally waited until forever to make sure it wasn't just a temporary ban for like, an hour or a day or week or something?

Must have been a long wait.  Did you grow a beard?  I hear they're all the rage with people who waited until eternity for something.

If the devs

Chat mods and devs are separate groups.

but won't do anything about people throwing words like cu** and fu**, and phrases like "kill yourself" around

Mods have to be there to see something, if they're not and you see it, take a screenshot and send it into support.

Also, take note that mods are volunteers.  They are not DE staff, it's not their job, they're not paid, they're not robots, etc.

Edited by Rydian

This is why I left Region chat and never looked back.  It serves no useful purpose anymore other than for Reddit morons to circlejerk the latest memes.

That's the truth.  Also people quoting song lyrics so kickbot will reply to them.  So they type the lyrics, check for a reply, realize they didn't get a reply because of a typo, so they do it all over again.  Get a couple players doing that over and over and over again and the text flies faster than can be read.

1. Try relogging. You might have just been kicked.

2. Try back in an hour or a day, it might have been a temporary suspension.

3. Contact support if you wish to inquire about the length of your chat suspension. Currently chat moderators (i.e. Guides of the Lotus) do not have permanent chat suspension abilities.

4. Title and pay edited to remove profanity; additionally, "PSA" is reserved only for posts created or pinned by DE staff members.

A few words of wisdom: try to avoid using excessive profanity in chat.