Frost

Limbo

Mesa

Mag Prime

Nova

Nova Prime

Saryn

Volt Prime

I need some help with an order of which frame to get first etc. for the list of warframes I don't have. I'm targeting MR and also new frames that may be useful. Of course ember prime and mag prime are vaulted, so they will be probably last, unless you recommend me buying them.

Thanks in advance! :)

24 answers to this question

I own all the frames, have them all tato'ed, and have space for all the upcoming ones.  Much of what I'm going to say will be based on my opinions so take that for what it is worth.

Ash

Ash Prime

Atlas

Equinox

Ember Prime

Loki

Frost

Limbo

Mesa

Mag Prime

Nova

Nova Prime

Saryn

Volt Prime

I need some help with an order of which frame to get first etc. for the list of warframes I don't have. I'm targeting MR and also new frames that may be useful. Of course ember prime and mag prime are vaulted, so they will be probably last, unless you recommend me buying them.

Thanks in advance! :)

From your list of what you are missing this would be my order :

Ember Prime (Unless you plan to wait for her to be unvaulted) - The reasoning for this is Ember prime makes low tier void survivals a cakewalk and the prime variant removes any worry of energy loss from WoF.  Each little orb you hit gives you 250 energy which, without flow, almost maxes her pool.  Find them in rooms and use them strategically and you'll easily clear any low tier key (the only void mission without the orbs is Defense).  Plus she is a good looking frame.

Loki - The reasons for Loki are extremely basic.  He is a Focus farming dream.  2 missions of full stealth kills with a lensed Loki and a lensed melee weapon with an affinity booster can max your focus for the day.  4 missions if you don't have the booster.  Having a second Loki means you can throw a different lens on him than the prime variant and max an entirely different focus without sacrificing the lens already on your Prime variant.

Nova (Mastery) then Nova Prime (Keep) - Molecular prime and Antimatter drop.  If you haven't used these two skills then you haven't really played Warframe yet.  IJS.  Add to that the enjoyment of a properly placed wormhole and you get one of the best frames in the game.  She also scales indefinitely.

Mesa - Mesa is a personal favorite even though she's been nerfed (hopefully she gets buffed back up a bit).  I rarely use her 1, though I hear good things, but her 2 (Ballistic Battery) is basically a 360 ranged stun on a timer that adds bonus damage to your gun.  It shifts between teammates allowing them to gain the benefits as well which is good because Shatter shield, her 3, basically turns on her god mode.  It has a 95% reduction to all gun based damage and reflects said damage back which pairs well with her Peacemakers which, personally, I love even though you have to toggle them off and on again repeatedly to reap the full benefits.

Ash (Mastery) Ash Prime (Keep) - The dude is the Ninja of space ninjas.  Even if you do, literally, nothing but Bladestorm he is an incredibly fun frame to play.  He also has a high base health pool and very good survivability as well as the ability to help the team with revives thanks to his smoke screen.

From there I get much less specific in my advice : Saryn, Volt prime, Frost, Atlas, Limbo, Equinox (because he/she sucks to farm), and finally Mag prime.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Of course I want ember prime and ash prime, but they're so expensive :( (ash prime just won't drop for me). I think I'm going to get all the boss warframes first, since they're easier to get, then I'm going to go for prime frames

Ember prime is expensive, but her only benefit beyond the regular ember is the bonus energy from Orokin traps.  You can always run a regular Ember if you have Zenurik or are pretty efficient with Energy.  You just might not be able to keep WoF up the entire 20 minutes.

Generally you'll want to get the non-prime variant first and max it, especially if you don't plan to keep both of them as you'll want to keep the Prime variant over the normal one.

You can also watch recruiting and look for people running Ash missions if you are having trouble farming him.  I understand the trouble, though, as I built him the old fashioned way of grinding as well.

Just to be clear, though, those were just my personal opinions on the frames you listed.  Your personal playstyle will dictate how much you actually enjoy them.

My personal goal is to collect all (except for prime) frames. And the primes of the frames I like.

So far I have

-Nyx

-Trinity

-Nova

-Saryn

-Rhino

-Excalibur

-Banshee

-Ember

-Frost

-Mag

-Oberon

-Valkyr

-Zephyr

-Volt

+ Rhino Prime

AFAIK Frost is very good, as is valkyr, excal and mirage. So those should probably make their way closer to the top.

I am a newb pubby please no murder

Edited by Jerakl

I strongly recommend getting Nova or Prime version. She is one of the mandatory frames, like Frost or Trinity are. Her M. Prime ability can slow or speed up enemies, depending on power strength.

Is Nova as hard to farm as Ash, Frost, and Trinity? (By hard I mean RNG and time needed)

Is Nova as hard to farm as Ash, Frost, and Trinity? (By hard I mean RNG and time needed)

Helmet and main BP are easy to get, but chassis drops from rotation C on T3S (which is already full of other items), and systems drop from rotation C ODS, which is full of T1/2 keys (yes, even on C).

Judging on the list of frames you don't have & you already have, I'd say : 

Ash - fodder

Ash Prime - must get

Atlas - optional

Equinox - optional

Ember Prime - vaulted

Loki - fodder

Frost - fodder

Limbo - optional

Mesa - optional

Mag Prime - vaulted

Nova - fodder

Nova Prime - must get

Saryn - fodder

Volt Prime - optional

Level and sell the fodder 1st, at the same time farm for those must-get. If you have enough plat, buy the vaulted from trading tab.

Those optional aren't necessary, but grab it if you like those frame.

Edited by SpryCrow

Judging on the list of frames you don't have & you already have, I'd say : 

Ash - fodder

Ash Prime - must get

Atlas - optional

Equinox - optional

Ember Prime - vaulted

Loki - fodder

Frost - fodder

Limbo - optional

Mesa - optional

Mag Prime - vaulted

Nova - fodder

Nova Prime - must get

Saryn - fodder

Volt Prime - optional

Level and sell the fodder 1st, at the same time farm for those must-get. If you have enough plat, buy the vaulted from trading tab.

Those optional aren't necessary, but grab it if you like those frame.

Ok, thanks! :)

Get these first bc you have the prime version so you can make room for the rest by selling these after leveling them up:

Frost

Loki

Then get in this order:

Nova - mp is reliable for all missions

Ash - bladestorm is good to clear lower/mid level missions (and high level ones if you have the right mods)

Equinox - too much utility and versatile if you master her

Saryn - aoe debuffs and dmg, also good if you want to go melee

Atlas - shoryuken and fun

Limbo - good for rescue missions

Mesa - good if you rely on your weapons instead of warframe abilities because of her shield

Leave for last:

Nova Prime

Ash Prime

Ember Prime

Mag Prime

Volt Prime

Because of the same reason. Get the normal ones first and then just replace that version if you get to build the prime one. Not only does it save you a slot but they are easier to get.

I'm just gonna say that not having Frost and Nova is doing a disservice to you. Those two are insanely fun and very versatile.

Other than that, others have already said more than enough - i only have one thing to say about Saryn. Since the introduction of the new melee mods a strenght/duration build with a sprinkling of range works wonders for her if paired with a crit melee.

Ash is very nice for spy or generally for doing anything solo.

Hes also pretty easy to get, I recommend the law of retribution, as a single run can grant you the complete set.

I would do LoR, but I've never done it before and it looks hard (I'm MR14 so I think I am capable of it, just not confident).

I would do LoR, but I've never done it before and it looks hard (I'm MR14 so I think I am capable of it, just not confident).

Its pretty easy if you do it with teamspeak and have a few people with you, who know what to do.

Its mostly about teamwork and even if you loose the trail as a whole, you still get the loot out of every completed part(including ash parts).

Its pretty easy if you do it with teamspeak and have a few people with you, who know what to do.

Its mostly about teamwork and even if you loose the trail as a whole, you still get the loot out of every completed part(including ash parts).

I'm just worried people will rage at me for not knowing what to do :P Around how long does it take to finish the whole thing?

I'm just worried people will rage at me for not knowing what to do :P Around how long does it take to finish the whole thing?

Knowing what to do is much less important than to be able to follow simple instructions.  You'd be surprised how many people just can't listen and do one job.

Leader:  Foo go stand on that pad.

<stuff happens>

Leader: Foo why aren't you on that pad!!!

Length of time depends entirely on how smoothly the squads do each part.  It can be pretty quick or way too long.

I'd focus on which warframes fit your playstyle, first. The remaining should be leveled to R30, for MR fodder.

Edited by Agent_Pookie

I own all the frames, have them all tato'ed, and have space for all the upcoming ones. Much of what I'm going to say will be based on my opinions so take that for what it is worth.

From your list of what you are missing this would be my order :

Ember Prime (Unless you plan to wait for her to be unvaulted) - The reasoning for this is Ember prime makes low tier void survivals a cakewalk and the prime variant removes any worry of energy loss from WoF. Each little orb you hit gives you 250 energy which, without flow, almost maxes her pool. Find them in rooms and use them strategically and you'll easily clear any low tier key (the only void mission without the orbs is Defense). Plus she is a good looking frame.

Loki - The reasons for Loki are extremely basic. He is a Focus farming dream. 2 missions of full stealth kills with a lensed Loki and a lensed melee weapon with an affinity booster can max your focus for the day. 4 missions if you don't have the booster. Having a second Loki means you can throw a different lens on him than the prime variant and max an entirely different focus without sacrificing the lens already on your Prime variant.

Nova (Mastery) then Nova Prime (Keep) - Molecular prime and Antimatter drop. If you haven't used these two skills then you haven't really played Warframe yet. IJS. Add to that the enjoyment of a properly placed wormhole and you get one of the best frames in the game. She also scales indefinitely.

Mesa - Mesa is a personal favorite even though she's been nerfed (hopefully she gets buffed back up a bit). I rarely use her 1, though I hear good things, but her 2 (Ballistic Battery) is basically a 360 ranged stun on a timer that adds bonus damage to your gun. It shifts between teammates allowing them to gain the benefits as well which is good because Shatter shield, her 3, basically turns on her god mode. It has a 95% reduction to all gun based damage and reflects said damage back which pairs well with her Peacemakers which, personally, I love even though you have to toggle them off and on again repeatedly to reap the full benefits.

Ash (Mastery) Ash Prime (Keep) - The dude is the Ninja of space ninjas. Even if you do, literally, nothing but Bladestorm he is an incredibly fun frame to play. He also has a high base health pool and very good survivability as well as the ability to help the team with revives thanks to his smoke screen.

From there I get much less specific in my advice : Saryn, Volt prime, Frost, Atlas, Limbo, Equinox (because he/she sucks to farm), and finally Mag prime.

Of course I want ember prime and ash prime, but they're so expensive :( (ash prime just won't drop for me). I think I'm going to get all the boss warframes first, since they're easier to get, then I'm going to go for prime frames

Ember prime is expensive, but her only benefit beyond the regular ember is the bonus energy from Orokin traps.  You can always run a regular Ember if you have Zenurik or are pretty efficient with Energy.  You just might not be able to keep WoF up the entire 20 minutes.

Generally you'll want to get the non-prime variant first and max it, especially if you don't plan to keep both of them as you'll want to keep the Prime variant over the normal one.

You can also watch recruiting and look for people running Ash missions if you are having trouble farming him.  I understand the trouble, though, as I built him the old fashioned way of grinding as well.

Just to be clear, though, those were just my personal opinions on the frames you listed.  Your personal playstyle will dictate how much you actually enjoy them.

I spent days farming T3S and T3D for ash p systems and bp, that's about the most I can do for something ..... it drives me insane how u spend hours doing a mission and u get 100 bo prime bp and some other useless crap like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I'd recommend getting Atlas. I didn't like him at first but after giving him another chance he's surprisingly fun. I also use him in sorties.

Tanky, close distance with punches, provides small cover, short range stun, and summons 2 tanks.

As far as importance many on here have already stated several of the must have frames. A lot of people ask for a frost, slow or fast nova, vauban, effigy chroma, trinity, ect. As far as what you should do first is where I am going to differ from what I have read so far. I personally farmed everything that currently drops in the void first so that now I have no worry about the vault rotations. In doing that you will end up with all kinds of extra parts and sets to sell. So I would sell what I had for Plat and ducats after building my own set. This also allowed me to eventually purchase a mag and an ember prime as well as the weapons that were in the vault. That is my personal opinion, its a rough grind, but I'm very glad I did it. I'm sitting on a lot of sets now to sell cheap for easy Plat when I need slots ect, as well as a bunch of ducats for the void trader.

As far as what frames in order of importance everyone's list will be different. I personally love my ivara, equinox, and I have a ton of fun limbo. I would recommend working on dialing in one frame you like the most to fall back on, as well as a set of weapons and a companion. My set that I currently use for sorties or trials ect, frost prime soma prime sonicor broken war and my carrier prime. Just start running down the list working on your frames, have fun.

Get Saryn first - reason is Kayla is next boss rework and likely will drop next framw released parts to coincide with rework. Happened with Tyl Regor and Equinox meaning Ash (his former drops) ended up dropping via grineer manics ie MUCH harder to farm. That and shes next prime, if your after MR you will want to get her to lvl 30 then move onto to better prime version.

of those nova, atlas, and ash seem to pop out as decent.    Atlas is tough, can't be knocked down!, and has a cool melee attack and pretty solid pets.  Nova is a standard "want bad" frame for stacked groups doing tough things.   Ash is a great focus farmer.