The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons

brelia01

Question

16 answers to this question

There are a ton to pick from, but I'll just pick from a couple that are better with those new mods. (Some weapons are the meta, so they were already good before the new mods came, but experiment with weapons with these new mods, you could be surprised)

Primaries

Soma Prime

BpAzcwy.jpg

Personally, I would use Shred over the new mod because I like it too much, but if you wanna use the newer mods, you only got room for one. Unless you remove Heavy Caliber then you can use both Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds.

Rakta Cernos

mRGV4UJ.jpg

I still need to add one more forma (A Maduri) and this would be maxed out.

Sybaris

XbPR3tv.jpg

Again, I would like to use Shred over one of the new mods, but if you can handle this gun without it, that would be good.

Tonkor

Ll7yeFI.jpg

A red critical grenade launcher, who wouldn't like that?

Drakgoon

zGP4fZA.jpg

I still need to forma the crap out of this, but when I get enough space I'm going to add Repeater Clip to help the Drakgoon with it's slow charge time.

Secondaries

Twin Grakatas (Dakka Dakka)

1HvMPss.jpg

This build is nice, but it suffers from a really BIG problem. It's an ammo hose. Before these new mods where a thing, I would use an ammo mutation, but its spot was taken by Hydraulic Crosshairs. I wouldn't use this build in a mission, I'd like to keep my ammo pool thank you very much, game. Just wanted to show you how little room there is for these new mods (Until the mandatory mods stuff happens anyways)

Vaykor Marelok

PsDWNO7.jpg

Unlike the Grakatas, you can be a little more lenient with this weapon. I removed Viral from my Grineer build to slot in some crit chance and damage mods.

Lex Prime

8XQlXAJ.jpg

Hydraulic Crosshairs is the only one I can slot in without screwing my previous build over.

Pyrana

lrsvn4g.jpg

I still need to add more forma to this, but its very promising. I've been playing around with it and it was a blast!! So many crits!

Aksomati

sWUUbaD.jpg

This also suffers from what the Grakata already does. The damage you get from the crits provided by the new mod may or may not justify leaving out a mutation. (Unless you have a ton of ammo restores)

AkMagnus

Nh6760U.jpg

Wraith Twin Vipers

t4rWtL7.jpg

I don't really like using Lethal Torrent on these, which gave me room for the newer mod!

Melee

Destreza

rUwIS5C.jpg

I think this is pretty self explanatory. Its stance procs slash on every first hit and one of the combos (Don't remember the name) leaves your foes open to finishers at the end of the attack. Add those red crits onto it and you've got a power house of a weapon.

Fragor 

B1zQ8Rp.jpg

This is a pretty old weapon that turned into a red crit beast with the new mods. Same goes for the Magister, as they both have a base 20% crti chance. The range on this weapon is kind of punishing, I may try to fit Primed Reach somewhere in this build, perhaps replacing True Steel for it.

Scindo Prime

N5PTXUi.jpg

Pretty much self explanatory.

War

5KnrH3o.jpg

Basically a Scindo Prime with more damage.

Twin Basolk

iJbFRMk.jpg

I know it's not the best out there, but with the new mods, it made this melee more fun to use.

Ripkas

wa4MQUA.jpg

I'll be more powerful than Wolverine could ever imagine.

Kronen (Works with Boltace too)

AjwySiw.jpg

Maiming Strike and Berserker can turn any weapon with low crit chance into a speed machine... literally anything can do that now :P

Atterax

TK0w39S.jpg

Red crit whip? Scorpions would love to get their hands on this.

Anku 

Ie5RFxv.jpg

Nekros: Take all my plat!

Ankyros Prime

NCFbSRU.jpg

Turns you into John Cena!

TL:DR Just play around with all your gear, in the simulacrum or in-game, see how these new mods change up your older gear. You'll have fun doing it.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Its a matter of opinion, but I'll list my personal favorites(Most of them are considered 'top weapons') (gonna edit details in):

Primary:

-Sancti Tigris/Tigris

Easily my most used weapon.

http://i.imgur.com/fGG6Rlp.jpg Blast and Corrosive void build

http://i.imgur.com/q4Z0KAy.jpg Magnetic corpus build

http://i.imgur.com/B6Wuabt.jpg Radiation and Viral grineer build

A bit of room for improvement here, but not necessary

Regular Tigris:

http://i.imgur.com/YD3HkAk.jpg Blast and Corrosive void build

Warframe Builder:

http://goo.gl/GfIFLL

http://goo.gl/GdsCNC

-Opticor

http://i.imgur.com/RGzOUuO.jpg Puncture and Viral grineer build

http://i.imgur.com/LBFxjXg.jpg Corrosive and Critical void build

Still perfecting this weapon, but its a pretty solid beam cannon.

-Vaykor Hek/Hek

-Rakta Cernos

-Soma Prime

-Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor

-Tonkor

-Secura Penta/Penta

Secondary:

-Rakta Ballistica

-Vaykor Marelok

-Kulstar

-Angstrum

-Dex Furis

-Ak-Magnus

I've got a bit of room for improvement on these, but for the most part they are maxed.

http://i.imgur.com/6wjakMj.jpg Burst DPS

http://i.imgur.com/6VLN6Ga.jpg Burst Crit. I've not tried these with the new shadow of debt mods yet.

Warframe Builder:

http://goo.gl/EFUXPK

http://goo.gl/oZTFkM

http://goo.gl/aNAEUJ

Melee:

-Prisma Dual Cleavers(still working on these)

-Redeemer

-Dual Zorren

-Gallatine

-War(Don't have this one yet, but its the top damaging melee weapon AFAIK)

-Dragon Nikanna

-Tipedo

-Anku

-Scindo Prime

-Edit- I was going to edit in my builds for each one of these weapons that I own, but I figured a few builds for my top ones and just a list would do. It would take far too long to organize the screenshots and builds into a read-able fashion. Hope this helps! If you need builds for ones where I didn't list builds, PM me and I'd be happy to send you some screenshots/warframe builder links.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

Its a matter of opinion, but I'll list my personal favorites (gonna edit details in):

-Sancti Tigris/Tigris

-Vaykor Hek/Hek

-Rakta Cernos

-Soma Prime

-Boltor Prime/Telos Boltor

-Tonkor

-Secura Penta/Penta

-Rakta Ballistica

-Vaykor Marelok

-Kulstar

-Angstrum

-Dex Furis

-Prisma Dual Cleavers(still working on these)

-Redeemer

-Dual Zorren

-Gallatine

-War(Don't have this one yet, but its the top damaging melee weapon AFAIK)

-Dragon Nikanna

I can agree with this list, as well as the disclaimer; it covers the range of weapons that suit the most playstyles.

There are a ton to pick from, but I'll just pick from a couple that are better with those new mods. (Some weapons are the meta, so they were already good before the new mods came, but experiment with weapons with these new mods, you could be surprised)

Primaries

Soma Prime

BpAzcwy.jpg

Personally, I would use Shred over the new mod because I like it too much, but if you wanna use the newer mods, you only got room for one. Unless you remove Heavy Caliber then you can use both Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds.

Rakta Cernos

mRGV4UJ.jpg

I still need to add one more forma (A Maduri) and this would be maxed out.

Sybaris

XbPR3tv.jpg

Again, I would like to use Shred over one of the new mods, but if you can handle this gun without it, that would be good.

Tonkor

Ll7yeFI.jpg

A red critical grenade launcher, who wouldn't like that?

Drakgoon

zGP4fZA.jpg

I still need to forma the crap out of this, but when I get enough space I'm going to add Repeater Clip to help the Drakgoon with it's slow charge time.

Secondaries

Twin Grakatas (Dakka Dakka)

1HvMPss.jpg

This build is nice, but it suffers from a really BIG problem. It's an ammo hose. Before these new mods where a thing, I would use an ammo mutation, but its spot was taken by Hydraulic Crosshairs. I wouldn't use this build in a mission, I'd like to keep my ammo pool thank you very much, game. Just wanted to show you how little room there is for these new mods (Until the mandatory mods stuff happens anyways)

Vaykor Marelok

PsDWNO7.jpg

Unlike the Grakatas, you can be a little more lenient with this weapon. I removed Viral from my Grineer build to slot in some crit chance and damage mods.

Lex Prime

8XQlXAJ.jpg

Hydraulic Crosshairs is the only one I can slot in without screwing my previous build over.

Pyrana

lrsvn4g.jpg

I still need to add more forma to this, but its very promising. I've been playing around with it and it was a blast!! So many crits!

Aksomati

sWUUbaD.jpg

This also suffers from what the Grakata already does. The damage you get from the crits provided by the new mod may or may not justify leaving out a mutation. (Unless you have a ton of ammo restores)

AkMagnus

Nh6760U.jpg

Wraith Twin Vipers

t4rWtL7.jpg

I don't really like using Lethal Torrent on these, which gave me room for the newer mod!

Melee

Destreza

ojxBQwb.jpg

I think this is pretty self explanatory. Its stance procs slash on every first hit and one of the combos (Don't remember the name) leaves your foes open to finishers at the end of the attack. Add those red crits onto it and you've got a power house of a weapon.

Fragor 

B1zQ8Rp.jpg

This is a pretty old weapon that turned into a red crit beast with the new mods. Same goes for the Magister, as they both have a base 20% crti chance. The range on this weapon is kind of punishing, I may try to fit Primed Reach somewhere in this build, perhaps replacing True Steel for it.

Scindo Prime

N5PTXUi.jpg

Pretty much self explanatory.

War

5KnrH3o.jpg

Basically a Scindo Prime with more damage.

Twin Basolk

iJbFRMk.jpg

I know it's not the best out there, but with the new mods, it made this melee more fun to use.

Ripkas

wa4MQUA.jpg

I'll be more powerful than Wolverine could ever imagine.

Kronen (Works with Boltace too)

AjwySiw.jpg

Maiming Strike and Berserker can turn any weapon with low crit chance into a speed machine... literally anything can do that now :P

Atterax

TK0w39S.jpg

Red crit whip? Scorpions would love to get their hands on this.

Anku 

Ie5RFxv.jpg

Nekros: Take all my plat!

Ankyros Prime

NCFbSRU.jpg

Turns you into John Cena!

TL:DR Just play around with all your gear, in the simulacrum or in-game, see how these new mods change up your older gear. You'll have fun doing it.

I love how your destreza build got spoiled strike in but NO Pressure point. ^^

Really? I meant to. Oh well, I'll just replace Organ Shatter with it.

Thanks for pointing that out. XD

No problem lol. But better throw out spoiled strike and keep organ shatter. You will want your destreza to deal heavy crits.

Almost near your 1000th post tho, Hawk. :L

*posting intensifies*

Edited by IceColdHawk

No problem lol. But better throw out spoiled strike and keep organ shatter. You will want your destreza to deal heavy crits.

I don't use it very often, but I'll test both builds (With and without OS) and see what does better. :P

Almost near your 1000th post tho, Hawk. :L

Yeah, Organ Shatter is a better way to go for this, cuz you crit like 100% (More than that actually) of the time with this build. :P

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

It's a good gun, even after the nerf... but, it's ammo consumption tho...

hm, I got it before the nerf. I left the game for a year and after nerf, noticed I ran out of ammo in wave 20+ in defend. So I stuck ammo mutation on it and its better, but I dont see it past a higher lvl than, maybe 35? To me its still end game because Ive never gone past wave 25 in any game mode. Id love to see other secondaries that can one shot or survive at wave 30 with ease and lots of ammo.

hm, I got it before the nerf. I left the game for a year and after nerf, noticed I ran out of ammo in wave 20+ in defend. So I stuck ammo mutation on it and its better, but I dont see it past a higher lvl than, maybe 35? To me its still end game because Ive never gone past wave 25 in any game mode. Id love to see other secondaries that can one shot or survive at wave 30 with ease and lots of ammo.

420 posts btw, Kiler XDDD

I've forma'd mine a couple times, and it has done good past 40.

The ammo thing is still a problem for me, and I have a primed pistol ammo mutation... :/

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Is Orthos Prime any good? It's my favourite weapon to use, but I dunno how it'll scale into end game.

If it isn't good, which weapons are similar to it, fast attack speed and good range?

If it is any good, how would you build it with the new mods?

Edited by brelia01

Is Orthos Prime any good? It's my favourite weapon to use, but I dunno how it'll scale into end game.

If it isn't good, which weapons are similar to it, fast attack speed and good range?

If it is any good, how would you build it with the new mods?

Nah it sucks

To brelia01

I think that Orthos Prime is a great weapon. It's my goto melee.

The technical boys and girls will give you a good build for it.

I've got Primed Reach on mine and it'll knock things out of the sky. Because I'm old and slow it allows me time to kill as I can jump back and still hit the targets. It's fast and lethal in the right hands, wish they were mine!

I'm impressed with Redeemer, and as a melee it's best use is as a shotgun. Boy can it hurt and I haven't yet discovered it's full potential. It's taken me some time to get used to the mechanics of firing it but I'm getting to like it.