The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Soma Build

Gravitas2

Question

10 answers to this question

you're dealing very little Damage, so your Ammunition Efficiency is abysmal.

dump the Fire Element and increase the ranks on your Primary Elemental Combo instead - you'll get MUCH more result out of it.

Killing Enemies in multiplicatively less Ammunition will help Ammunition Efficiency without having to consider sacrificing any Damage (as you're increasing Damage to compensate instead)

if that still doesn't cover Ammunition enough, Punch-Through will let you bring down the large crowds of Enemies that you face in Warframe without expending more Ammunition.

if that still doesn't cover Ammunition, replace Bladed Rounds with Ammo Mutation.

I run my Soma build for use with my Banshee. I don't go for status (secondaries for that):

warframe01824rqjc.jpg

It works for me, and my playstyle.

Most people run with the dual stat mods. High Voltage, Malignant Force, Thermite Rounds etc. +60% elemental & +60% Status Chance. Try equip those.

If you don't have any dual stat mods, do what @taiiat said; remove the redundant fire mod and level up the other two status mods. On top of this (and while you work your way to a dual stat mod) you can see if you can fit in a "Rifle Aptitude" mod. This will help you proc corrosive a bit more.

If you're curios how my build works with my banshee build:

vlcsnap-00095xclvt.png

Granted, in game red crits are ~200k

Soma's kinda restrictive to mod.  Think of it like the trainer telling you to do squats.  They're boring, no one likes them, and they hurt - and there's precisely zero way around them being the absolute most essential exercise there is.  This: http://goo.gl/cjvpTi is pretty much mandatory.  Of those three slots left, two really, really need to be 180%* dual elemental damage or the gun's just not going to hurt anything.  

This, effectively, leaves you one slot.  Use it for an additional elemental, bladed rounds, argon scope, heavy cal (this is not a good choice on crit weapons unless you're making the enemies swallow the barrel), bane mod, whatever.

*Possible exception:  For Corpus it might be better to mod Infected Clip and Malignant Force, with a Bane mod.

The soma is a crit weapon. My soma build looks exactly like geckos except I don't have fanged. I look at what the base stats are on a stock weapon and build it's strengths up first. With the soma it's strength is its critical chance and critical multiplier. So start with base damage, then do critical chance and multiplier.

all the builds above are.... preeetty bad, no offense. you NEED an elemental combo to do anything past about level 35. 

the mandatory mods are serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, and at least two elementals. past that, you have two slots. Usually, people go for heavy caliber and another elemental, or heavy caliber and a rifle ammo mutation. personally, I put argon scope and bladed rounds, but if you don't have those mods then heavy caliber will have to do. if you don't want to waste a slot on an ammo mutation, then I recommend putting on critical delay. the lower fire rate will help it's efficiency, and the critical chance will only help it more.

all the builds above are.... preeetty bad, no offense. you NEED an elemental combo to do anything past about level 35. 

the mandatory mods are serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, and at least two elementals. past that, you have two slots. Usually, people go for heavy caliber and another elemental, or heavy caliber and a rifle ammo mutation. personally, I put argon scope and bladed rounds, but if you don't have those mods then heavy caliber will have to do.

+1 

Edited by -----nAGET-----

I wouldn't sink forma into a plain soma to make these high end builds people are showing.

Get a soma prime for that.

For now, you would do better to lose the heat mod entirely and leave that slot blank and crank up the corrosive as far as it will go and use it like that until you can upgrade.

you also need to focus on maxing serration.  Its slow going, but rewarding.

Edited by jonnin