The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods: Quality Or Quantity?

Sir-Moose

Question

Hey all, just wondering which is better; lots of low-level mods, a bunch of mid-level mods or a couple of high level mods?

I'm currently using the Rhino with:

Redirection - 5

Vitality - 3

Steel Fiber - 5

Mobilize - 0

Fast Deflection - 0

and i still have 9 capacity to spare. Should i upgrade these mods or add some different ones?

Not sure if it matters but my weapons are the Boltor, Lex and Dual Ether.

Also where do i go from here? i eventually want to get Ash Prime but one of the parts is in tower IV and i doubt i can handle that just yet so is there another frame i can use as a stepping stone?

EDIT: also if anybody knows how to get my Carrier Sentinal to shoot things let me know, i have the priority order as Guardian, Striker, Vacuum and lastly regen but it wont actually shoot anything

Edited by Sir-Moose

14 answers to this question

A couple of high level mods would be best imo. Well, that's what I do when I forma a frame and have to level it up again.

You have yet to upgrade your current mods and obtain many more other mods. Unlock all nodes, try out different weapons. You'll know when you're ready for higher level missions :)

Make sure your Carrier has its weapon equipped when you go on a mission and that your Striker mod is maxed. The higher level Striker is the higher attack range Carrier has. But even with it maxed, Carrier has the shortest attack range of all sentinels :P

Think of it this way.

An unranked elemental mod is 6 points for 15%.

Or you can put one rank into it, and it's 7 points for 30%.

Mods become more efficient as they're ranked up.

As far as Carrier, make sure it has a sentinel weapon equipped, and that the order is right for mods.  It's left to right, upper row first and then lower row.

A couple of high level mods would be best imo. Well, that's what I do when I forma a frame and have to level it up again.

You have yet to upgrade your current mods and obtain many more other mods. Unlock all nodes, try out different weapons. You'll know when you're ready for higher level missions :)

Make sure your Carrier has its weapon equipped when you go on a mission and that your Striker mod is maxed. The higher level Striker is the higher attack range Carrier has. But even with it maxed, Carrier has the shortest attack range of all sentinels :P

Thanks for the info, so will any frame properly modded be able to take on any mission or will it get to a point that the Rhino will not be enough no matter what?

As far as the Carrier, yeah it has a weapon equipped and still wont do anything. i actually went to a level 1-3 mission and just stood right beside an enemy for a while and it did absolutely nothing. Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/KyUq8Mw.jpg

Think of it this way.

An unranked elemental mod is 6 points for 15%.

Or you can put one rank into it, and it's 7 points for 30%.

Mods become more efficient as they're ranked up.

As far as Carrier, make sure it has a sentinel weapon equipped, and that the order is right for mods.  It's left to right, upper row first and then lower row.

Yeah i get that, but since i only have 30 capacity on this frame is it better to have really high level Redirection, Steel fiber and Vitality OR have those mods at a lower level but also have some other mods like Stretch and Reflex Guard

Yeah i get that, but since i only have 30 capacity on this frame is it better to have really high level Redirection, Steel fiber and Vitality OR have those mods at a lower level but also have some other mods like Stretch and Reflex Guard

get your redirection and vitality as high as possible, then mods like stretch. your first priority in the early game is the survivability mods, then power mods, then parkour mods

get your redirection and vitality as high as possible, then mods like stretch. your first priority in the early game is the survivability mods, then power mods, then parkour mods

Ah great, thanks. so would a build like this be viable:

Redirection - 10

Vitality - 10

Steel Frame - 10

Continuity - 0

or is that taking the survivability to far?

heh, noobs are cute

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Chroma/t_30_3440224020_2-3-10-3-8-5-12-4-10-19-2-10-47-6-5-49-1-10-479-5-10-481-0-10-544-7-5-615-9-5_481-7-49-8-19-7-2-12-12-8-479-7-47-6-544-11-3-18-615-9_0/en/1-0-34/85528/0

this is a demonstration of what end game builds get like, right now you want survivability, but don't believe that you'll be running unmaxed mods forever

Edited by Thural

Thanks for the info, so will any frame properly modded be able to take on any mission or will it get to a point that the Rhino will not be enough no matter what?

Well, one newbie pitfall with Rhino is that some people start using Rhino and then never learn how to dodge or avoid damage (or avoid knockdowns or deal with status effects) because Iron Skin soaks it up.  Iron Skin isn't infinite and at the really high levels with basic modding enemies can shred it (and then you) in 3 seconds flat.

Rhino does have a very useful kit.  His 1 can knock down groups, his 2 provides debuff and knockdown immunity, his 3 is a very powerful team damage buff, and his four can stall a large surrounding group while he revives a teammate.

That said, you'll eventually branch out to other frames because other frames have different abilities that may be better for specific mission types.

As far as the Carrier, yeah it has a weapon equipped and still wont do anything. i actually went to a level 1-3 mission and just stood right beside an enemy for a while and it did absolutely nothing. Here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/KyUq8Mw.jpg

The Striker mod has increased range with ranking it, so try ranking it up so it'll shoot at stuff at a distance.

Well, one newbie pitfall with Rhino is that some people start using Rhino and then never learn how to dodge or avoid damage (or avoid knockdowns or deal with status effects) because Iron Skin soaks it up.  Iron Skin isn't infinite and at the really high levels with basic modding enemies can shred it (and then you) in 3 seconds flat.

Rhino does have a very useful kit.  His 1 can knock down groups, his 2 provides debuff and knockdown immunity, his 3 is a very powerful team damage buff, and his four can stall a large surrounding group while he revives a teammate.

That said, you'll eventually branch out to other frames because other frames have different abilities that may be better for specific mission types.

The Striker mod has increased range with ranking it, so try ranking it up so it'll shoot at stuff at a distance.

Alright, i leveled up Striker but it still doesn't work

Yeah the Rhino is definitely a sponge but i do really want to get something else until i can grind enough keys for a prime

Alright, i leveled up Striker but it still doesn't work

Yeah the Rhino is definitely a sponge but i do really want to get something else until i can grind enough keys for a prime

What weapon do you have equipped for Carrier?

Do note that the stat increases on primes are usually pretty minor.