The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Vs Orthos P

silvershadow0099

Question

6 answers to this question

Well let me give you my take on this.

1st Question

Both weapons are different and have different mechanic,What does this mean you may ask? well for starter this means you cannot just use stats to compare them. Another difference it also mean that their actual best performance comes down to the player because everyone has a playstyle and if it comes down to killing enemy in groups or just one enemy both can do the task, and i feel like you understand that or you wouldn't be asking this question.

Now if you forma and orokin both well then it would still make no differene apart from now they both have more potential.

Now lets not confuse potential with actual performance

2nd Question

Returns us to the 1st but then again using the answer of 1 for 2 is not fair, so i will explain:The gunblade has small range with the actual slash attack in comparison to the orthos prime,but the Gunblade can do more burst fire and maximize unlimited range with is charge attack.In addition the Gunblade can get headshot with charge attack increasing is damage to greater numbers in comparison to orthos prime.BUT because orthos prime speed in attack and range killing enemy can be done quiet easily if they are lower level.

SO here is table

Uncharge attack Vs Orthos Prime=Orthos win

Charge attack vs Orthos prime=Tie

3rd Question 

Now this question is quiet irrelevant now with blood rush and body count but i will still answer it in higher level if you were to bring this two weapons with the following mods to a Void T4 with this build

pressure

fury

beserker

toxic mod

electric mod

body count

blood rush

Life drain

Then the weapon make fork here as well

because gunblade would be able to kill heavy enemy quickly because of headshots and lighter units from the spread,but because of is less spam ability it would build is damage combo slower

while the Orthos Prime would be able to kill lower enemy because of is spamability allowing it to build is combo meter higher to take out heavy enemy

SO in conclusion they are both good.

But Gunblade has more future potential then Orthos prime

Because Orthos is prime already not getting any higher name status then that or upgrade just side grade such as wrath/Vandal/prism but the Gunblade has not reached is prime allowing is to speculate that just like the glaive prime is charge attack and speed will also be increase meaning it now opens more potential for the weapon if the user is very flexable and able to adapt to this weapon.Since this weapon can be played two ways the way orthos is played or is own way.

AS FOR PRIME REACH i missed that..yes it would be helpful on orthos because of is already good range but it wouldn't hurt the gunblade if you plan to actually use it as blade and not a gun.But if you plan on charge shot and Channel charge shot then no need since your already have a range that surpasses i believe all weapons with 1 shot

Edited by Leavith

Apples and oranges, one is a shotgun slapped on two blades and the other is a very big stick with pointy things on the end. For example, Redeemer can clear that group of enemies 10 meters in front of you much faster than Orthos, but Orthos can clear the mob you are inside faster than Redeemer. Primed Reach is God like on Orthos though.