Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tos , End User Agreement Suggestion

NamelessDream

90% of you don't read ToS and End User Agreement, which is incorrect. It should be your main priority when making an account!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||TERMS
TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

3. Account

1st
" By creating an Account or otherwise using the Service, you represent that you are at least age 18 and agree to these Terms of Use, or that you are over 13 years of age and your parent(s) or legal guardian has read and agreed to these Terms of Use, and you understand and agree that we are relying upon that representation in allowing you to use the Service. Only one person may use an Account. "

- One account per person , Multiple accounts per IP
Reason: Many of use got brothers/sisters and live in the same house and use same internet which means we got same IP. If we both want to play we need two account, each of us use one

2nd
" You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. "

- This should clarify what should be in and what shouldn't.
Reason: Offensive in some countries and in others is a respectful word.

3rd
" Digital Extremes is not responsible for any misuse of your Account or your User ID, you agree to accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account and to hold Digital Extremes harmless from and against any improper use of your Account or your User ID, including, but not limited to, improper use by someone to whom you revealed your password. "
" Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify Digital Extremes of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Use/Service or the Game known to you by submitting a ticket to Support. Digital Extremes provides you with the choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account. "

- Security code like the one from Steamguard or SWTOR.
Reason: Hackers can find out the login details with keyloggers, but the would not be able to log in without a code.

5.User Content

1st
" f. Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; "

- This should be allowed if this information is public on their website/steam profile/forum profile. Source of the information should be linked.
Reason: Many tenno already got banned by publishing information about others, information that was requested and information that was public to everyone in multiple locations.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Edited by NamelessDream
Removed video

-snip-

- One account per person , Multiple accounts per IP
    Reason: Many of use got brothers/sisters and live in the same house and use same internet which means we got           same IP. If we both want to play we need two account, each of us use one

-snip-

- Security code like the one from Steamguard or SWTOR.
   Reason: Hackers can find out the login details with keyloggers, but the would not be able to log in without a code.

5.User Content

1st
f.      Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; "

- This should be allowed if this information is public on their website/steam profile/forum profile. Source of        the information should be linked.
    Reason: Many tenno already got banned by publishing information about others, information that was requested and information that was public to everyone in multiple locations. 

-snip-

- Exploitation should not be accepted no matter the relationships or activity in-game.
  Reason: Exploiters are getting away without getting banned because they are friend with "Official" Fans. 

omg i dont even know where to start

1. what is ur problem ppl having multiple accs ?

DE clearly says that u can have as many as u want as long as u dont abuse it and they keep track of it and ban ppl for doing so

i think there i no need to change anything and how do u want to proof someone wrong thats just pretending to have a brother?

2. im fine with that even if id prefer something like the authenticator from blizzard (could be easyly included in the warframe nexus app)

3. my information are stuff that only belongs to me and even if u can find it somehwere else noone exept me should be allowed to post or see them appart from myself

4. u do realize that warframe is in a beta and ppl will stumble over exploits if they want or not and its ur job to report it if u find something

if DE starts to ban that warframe will end like RaiderZ did (80% of the active community banned within 3 days cuz of an exploit ppl used unintentionaly and got banned for it even if it wasnt there fault)

appart from that linking that video is naming and shaming and against the rules (as u should know)

and even worse the person in the vid did nothing wrong he didnt even use an exploit he just stumbled over a bug

u should know the difference between a hack, a cheat, an exploit, a bug and a glitch

its all different and needs to be treated different

To address your points:

- One account per person , Multiple accounts per IP Reason: Many of use got brothers/sisters and live in the same house and use same internet which means we got same IP. If we both want to play we need two account, each of us use one

Users are allowed multiple accounts as long as they do not interact. Having multiple accounts on the same IP/Local Network is fine as well. There are ways to determine whether accounts are legitimate or are dummy/alt accounts for exploiting the game or circumventing limitations.

2nd" You, as creator of your Account and User ID, are solely responsible for your User ID. Digital Extremes will not tolerate offensive or obscene User IDs. "- This should clarify what should be in and what shouldn't. Reason: Offensive in some countries and in others is a respectful word.

This is a very poor excuse. I can't think of any profane, vulgar, offensive or disrespectful word that happens to be "respectful" in other languages. If your name contains profanities in any language, it will be changed.

3rd- Security code like the one from Steamguard or SWTOR. Reason: Hackers can find out the login details with keyloggers, but the would not be able to log in without a code.

We already have this in the form of two factor authentication. It's on your account settings page.

5.User Content1st" f. Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers; "

- This should be allowed if this information is public on their website/steam profile/forum profile. Source of the information should be linked.

Reason: Many tenno already got banned by publishing information about others, information that was requested and information that was public to everyone in multiple locations.

Even if a user opts to publish sensitive personal information elsewhere, it does not excuse the posting of it here. For starters, it may not be their own information; they could be lying and have put up information of someone they dislike to have that person get harassed. Often times users might post their personal or private information without realizing the damage it can cause to them or their account. I've seen many users post their login credentials, personal email addresses, even phone numbers. Many of them may have been children who didn't know any better.

►END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT◄2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS1st" g. exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or (iii) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities); "- Exploitation should not be accepted no matter the relationships or activity in-game. Reason: Exploiters are getting away without getting banned because they are friend with "Official" Fans.

It isn't. Anyone who exploits, hacks, reverse engineers, cheats or modifies the game files gets banned. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Exceptions are not made, regardless of users' social status in the community. Some users make videos to demonstrate/report bugs. Sometimes this includes demonstrating an exploit so that it's easier for the developers to identify and fix. It's important to be able to differentiate between people demonstrating exploits/bugs for personal gain or for reporting the exploit/bug so it can be patched.

The whole one account per person thing is pretty much not going to happen on consoles.

I highly doubt sony would like its family console to have such restrictions on its main free to play game 

That rule always bothered me even though i follow it and never let anyone use my account . 

Can probably say half the people who have a console who share it have probably broken that rule. 

Kinda sucks when i let someone use my playstation i have to say oh by the way never click warframe or ill be banned. 

The whole one account per person thing is pretty much not going to happen on consoles.

I highly doubt sony would like its family console to have such restrictions on its main free to play game

That rule always bothered me even though i follow it and never let anyone use my account .

Can probably say half the people who have a console who share it have probably broken that rule.

Kinda sucks when i let someone use my playstation i have to say oh by the way never click warframe or ill be banned.

You should read the first part of my post, specifically the past where I detail that it is okay to have multiple accounts as long as they don't interact (which would constitute alt-like behavior). There are other ways to determine if accounts are legitimate; such as time played, progress, both accounts being on and actively playing at the same time, etc.

Also, as long as the account owner is present (i.e. supervising) when a friend, sibling, etc uses their account, it's not really much of an issue. But if you give out your login credentials to someone else, then it becomes an issue.

IB4L

InB4No. Edited by Letter13
Wow. Thanks Autocorrect.