Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework ( Transformation) It A Cool Idea

swizzybeatzjamz

(Skip if you dont like rants)

Volt has always been an extremely lackluster frame in my eyes. Is he fun, yes a little I know some people enjoy him as is. But I hate to say it volt struggles to survive in many instances. I have heard many people say he is a jack of all trades. Because he masters neither defense or offense. But he has defense and offensive abilities, the sad twist is he isn't even sub par in those categories.

Volt has speed which increases his movement and melee speed, but yet he has two abilities that hault movement, THE ULTIMATE CONTRADICTION... Overload forces you to stop and go all electro jesus, and since its weak u die after the animation. Electric shield is great but it just doesn't seem like it fits to me. ( RANT OVER) Ivgot most of my inspiration from equinox because she is a true jack of all trades in my book.

I'm am going to introduce my rework for his 4th ability overload first before I got to the others.

Overload: Volt will do the same overload he does now just faster cast speed maybe the same or reduced damage.

Here is the bread and butter of the change. After the pulse has been released volt will transform/ change into attack based volt. If you do overload again then you will go into Crowd control Based volt. I have not made up whether this should be duration based or channeled. Your volt you start the mission with could be based on whether your strength stat or range stat is better

Attack volt will have electricity arcing around him shocking nearby enemies within 3m of him. Dealing damage.

Crowd control volt will glow as if you are channeling. He will have increased running speed and innate retribution.

1st ability shock:

Attack: Volt uses both hands to do a palatine style shock to do good damage. It will have a ripline type timer going on. So each cast is cheaper. On the third subsequent cast he will stand on place and fire an wider arc.

Crowd control: the current shock ability, if held down enemies will be stunned longer, and more enemies will be effected.

2nd ability speed:

Attack: volt turns into lightning dashing forward dealing damage. You can slightly control its direction.

Crowd control: keep the current speed. Bit have it effect parkour, reload animations, casting etc. This should stay an duration ability. Also give it an after burn mode similar to archwings where if you press 2 again he will go even faster but at the cost of more energy.

3rd ability: shield

Attack: it will be a small electric shield that volt can use on the move. Volt can use secondaries while holding this shield. And one handed weapons. ( couldn't think of anything else help in feedback would be appreciated)

Crowd control: Same shield volt currently has except projectiles that go through the shield have increased flight speed. If volt or his teammates run through the shield they will gain a small speed boost that last 5 seconds. And enemies that run through it get damaged.

I know this is alot. And some people will hate it. But I truly put a lot of thought into this and I stand behind it being a more fun better volt. I know this rework is like making two separate frames, bit I think DE could do it. Thank you for reading.

NO. No Palpatine nonsense. Shock is plenty useful as is because it doesn't interrupt gunplay. Keep the timer idea, scrap the dual-handed stupidity.

Your speed idea is interesting. I'm not going to lie. But I don't know about turning into lightning because that would prevent him from using his guns and such.

Don't touch Electric Shield too much. One of the great parts of E.shield is that you can deploy it and forget about it. Turn it to a drop shield system: activate E.shield and it will be tied to player, acting like a forward shield (in this mode it would have to be smaller than it currently is) activate it again and the Shield will be dropped in its place acting exactly as it does now (same size and all). During forward shield mode you can use whatever weapons you want but the shield drains energy or something in this mode.

As for your Overload idea... not really. Volt excels because he is adaptable. He becomes less adaptable if you have to use 100 energy in order to swap modes. I suggest this:

* Upon activation Volt goes into a "Super-Volt" mode where, at the cost of a constant drain, power damage, range, duration, and efficiency are boosted.

* Upon deactivation Volt releases a semi-traditional Overload.

** Volt's palms act as electrical devices (which regenerate instantly after usage) for the in-game logic (ie: electricity explodes and arcs from his hands), making Overload more useful for outdoors and in rooms he has already overloaded.

** The damage of the Overload's EMP and such is proportional to the energy drained/time spent in his "Super-Volt" mode.

* Tie Shock's stun duration to power duration, and tie the number arcs Shock produces to power strength. This way His "Super-Volt" mode increases his damage output and CC potential. Also make Shock's visuals become more epic with each cast within the timer.

Edited by Insizer

Interesting to me, but I don't like the ultimate to switch modes, maybe make it so there is a option in the volt look menu to control starting mode and the mode is swapped by using speed through a sheild(idk, maybe make the first like equinox but give a stat bonus like strength and range, then make the sheild give bonus damage again(max of x5 crit damage) and double any weapons range)