The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Certain Bosses Shouldn't Be Focused/displayed On Sorties

p3z1

Bosses:

- Captain Vor (half man is in the void)

- Alad V (reasoning is post-second dream)

- M-Alad V (same reason as above)

Just wanted that out of my system.

I didn't add ALL bosses since boss killing is broken anyways (in a lore perspective), but these 2 (3) entities have a...special interaction...to keep, hence them not supposed to be related to sorties.

which is only applicable to those who dont do the quests.

no, because seeing a mutalist alad v without even doing the quest in the first place is wrong. Also a turned back to normal alad v without doing the quest after that isn't right either.

your memory did. Good job p3z1's memory!

Guess I ain't old yet.

Either way...

Some bosses should just be removed from the pool of bosses. Sure it'll make some players wonder (if they would) why some bosses don't appear, but it'll lead to the want of playing quests more.

Oh and about this:

Also Jackal, Raptor and Ambulas. 1) They all are dumb automatons that happened to not go mass producted thanks to us. 2) Latter 2 are placeholders/extremely lazy design.

Why don't we make it that the sergeant is controlling them (or using them as proxies), so as not to waste the Sergeant's resources (or does DE plan to recycle him for future use).

I agree with this although it don't matter much to me.

What bothers me is how Alad still sends zanuka after you (well he marks you, zanuka may be a myth). How is this possible when he's now infested and has no ties with corpus. Why does he care your not supporting corpus in an invasion.

What I'm getting at is the corpus faction needs another bad guy. The prophet of profit dude looks like a tranny with all his makeup and odd voice. Not very intimidating.

Not sure why we see them anyway, not like we fight them or hear from them in sorties all that much.

This

I'd like to see an optional s4 boss fight. Perhaps for a second roll on the drop table(or extra tokens if/when that kicks in).

As for which bosses, I think they all can still be relevant in sorties as long as their speach is relevant and the maps are consistent. So, vor is on mining maps but corrupted vor is on void maps.

This kinda breaks teporality rules, but MMO style games shouldnt be irreversibly linear anyway.