Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Missions: One Person Extraction

felixsylvaris

Situacion: Survival mission. PUG. Already pass 5min mark. One person want to finish, ask on chat to finish. No response. Rest group is happy farmining without sign of end. This one person can only abandon the quest but then is loosing rewards and completicion.

Consequence: Doing PUG survival mission is pointless at this moment, since there is too high probability to be stuck with farming fest. So for me it would be always solo/firends only.

Solution: Allow single person to extract from survival mission on their own after reaching extraction point in similar way as Defence missions.

Note: It also applies to Excavetion missions.

Option: THere could be a option to change extraction point to have "extraction console" to make it less annoying and dont spam with pop ups.

Or ESC ->Abort/Extract

Edited by felixsylvaris

• 1 month later...
On 11.02.2016 at 5:29 AM, felixsylvaris said:

Situacion: Survival mission. PUG. Already pass 5min mark. One person want to finish, ask on chat to finish. No response. Rest group is happy farmining without sign of end. This one person can only abandon the quest but then is loosing rewards and completicion.

And what's the point of doing 5 minutes in the endless mission, may I ask? Both in the void or regular survival? If it's not an alert, it's only logical to expect that people are farming, leveling and stuff. 

Not saying that the system is ok, but why the hell would you go for 5 minutes in survival other than just completing the planet - which you can do all by yourself anyway?

36 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

And what's the point of doing 5 minutes in the endless mission, may I ask? Both in the void or regular survival? If it's not an alert, it's only logical to expect that people are farming, leveling and stuff. 

Not saying that the system is ok, but why the hell would you go for 5 minutes in survival other than just completing the planet - which you can do all by yourself anyway?

• Completing starchart
  • cutting our way to the boss
  • that last missing 1k xp
  • single rare resources (and we got it)
  • testing new stick
  • finshing daily standing
  • waiting for friend to get ready and just keeping busy
  • We reached our limit and now we are mostly dead which undermines leveling aspect
  • Teamates play in not fun way for us.
  • it is 15m and we just wanted key not mod
  • in the mood for exact 5m of survival no need to explain or guilty trip "only bad players do 5m survivals" lol

Generally if something more or less fits as intended way of playing the game there is no need to question if it is optimal. If someone ever makes a topic "Hydroids sucks, buff plz" arguing "Hydroid does not sucks" is ok or suggesting how to change him is ok. But arguing "Just play something else" or "Good players shouldnt play Hydroid" "There is alot of viable frames already we dont need more" is not the most constructive aproach.

Edited by felixsylvaris

14 minutes ago, felixsylvaris said:
  • Completing starchart
  • cutting our way to the boss
  • that last missing 1k xp
  • single rare resources (and we got it)
  • testing new stick
  • finshing daily standing
  • waiting for friend to get ready and just keeping busy
  • We reached our limit and now we are mostly dead which undermines leveling aspect
  • it is 15m and we just wanted key not mod
  • in the mood for exact 5m of survival no need to explain or guilty trip "only bad players do 5m survivals" lol

All of that stuff.

Can be done solo. 

Pros - no need to "explain" anything to anyone, make people angry or stress yourself out because they don't want to leave but you want to. It's as much of a headache for other 3 players that came there to farm or level up to be forced to leave or lose exp as it is to a person who wants out to be forced to quit. People like to make a big deal out of nothing.

One person extraction will not force end mission on other players, just as single person extraction in Defence and Interception does not force mission end on others.

The players will generally find the way, i even wrote in opening post that solo survival is a safe bet for now. However solution players will pick may not be prefered by DE. For example everyone playing solo and ignoring matchmaing could make WF less of co-op game but more always online DRM solo game with lag. Not a bestseller but Microsoft would like that.

On 2/10/2016 at 6:29 PM, felixsylvaris said:

Solution: Allow single person to extract from survival mission on their own after reaching extraction point in similar way as Defence missions.

Note: It also applies to Excavetion missions.

This would only work if the game has dedicated servers which is something people have been wanting for years. Applying this without it would make connections really unstable if people keep leaving (Because it relies on whoever's currently  hosting).

3 minutes ago, Bro_Z said:

This would only work if the game has dedicated servers which is something people have been wanting for years. Applying this without it would make connections really unstable if people keep leaving (Because it relies on whoever's currently  hosting).

Cant there be a system of "select new host"? Sith happens and there will anyway (and are) situacion when host just resigns, or disconects, they do it somehow for Defense/Interception.

3 hours ago, Bro_Z said:

It's already possible in defense and interception. It's just impossible in survival and excavation for no reason. 

its frustrating not being able to leave when you want ... hack a console to extract could be a really good idea

the host migration thing can be a pain mid game and can and has been the reason I've died a few times.. some sort warning that a player is host and has decided to leave could be cool

but to be honest I never really mind leaving when the rest of the team wants... it only matters to me on void missions and generally I check before we start so i can find a like minded group... once the other 3 are dead you can extract at will :P

its only when i want to leave early that its a problem.. then i just DC if its a real life problem causing it and they wont extract for me... and thats cool if its my key they lose out anyway and if its there key then its kinda not fair for them to bow to my demands just coz i soiled myself or some such thing