The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Macros - Frowned Upon? Ban-Able?

RyzingDown

Question

So I have been running a lot of Draco and Resource Farms this past month - mainly using RJ Excal and EV Trin for Draco and Nekros for Resources. And with these 3 frames, and I'm sure a few others do this, use 1 button for the entire run. Is putting these buttons onto a macro a ban-able offense?  

***Note*** I am not talking about turning on the macro and going AFK!!!!  I am asking because I do not want to have to constantly spam my few buttons and start wearing them down.  That's how keys start to break, and I don't feel like replacing a $100+ keyboard or a $100+ Razer Naga because my buttons stop working. 

10 answers to this question

So I have been running a lot of Draco and Resource Farms this past month - mainly using RJ Excal and EV Trin for Draco and Nekros for Resources. And with these 3 frames, and I'm sure a few others do this, use 1 button for the entire run. Is putting these buttons onto a macro a ban-able offense?  

***Note*** I am not talking about turning on the macro and going AFK!!!!  I am asking because I do not want to have to constantly spam my few buttons and start wearing them down.  That's how keys start to break, and I don't feel like replacing a $100+ keyboard or a $100+ Razer Naga because my buttons stop working. 

Back at update 7, they said during a live stream using macro is not recommended but not ban able.

macro's allowed because there are some people who might not be able to use their hands as well as others.

i have to use a macro for some semi auto weapons so i do not get intense pain from playing

I completely agree, the concept of Macro's has pretty much evolved into 'cheating' .. but some people need them to actually play and enjoy games and they're not trying to take advantage of anything. 

Yes they can be exploited, but so can a lot of other things. 

I encourage DE to investigate macro usage, but anyone who's had action against them for supposed macro usage needs an angle to be able to defend their case for this. Taking an account away from a kid just because they've got an injury is beyond rude.