Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun-Scythe?

SickSara

Given scythes aren't viable combat weapons to begin with, I sometimes wonder why we even have them.  And besides, real scythes aren't very large anyway.  Whole thing is maybe 5 and a half feet tall on average.

Yes Scythes aren't a viable combat weapon; they were still used by the populace in the french revolution to good effect, just like pitchforks.

However, agriculture scythes cannot be compared to hightech sci-fi scythes made from futuristic materials with eg. a nano-edge either; and humans cannot be compared to the redoculous superhuman strength and agility of fantasy heroes...or warframes. Those majorly increase the effectiveness of scythes as a combat weapon.

As for the size.... We have things sized like this : 

http://www.bq-warehouse.de/media/image/thumbnail/09on9423bmOntario-Rd-Hawk-Pick-Hatchet_1200x1200.jpg

While a scythe would be like this :

http://www.waldeneffect.org/20120611scythingragweed.jpg

So, basically, the only scythe that would actually qualify as that is the archwing melee - and that in turn is stupidly undersized for an archwing melee and should be a scythe used in normal misisons.

Edited by ShikiRen

A gun Scythe, sounds cool. It could be just like the Redeemer, or it could be something incredible, a duel melee/primary weapon. It sits it in the primary and melee weapon slots and transforms between gun and scythe.That'd be interesting. It takes up both slots, needs to be modded twice with melee mods and gun mods, then when fired during melee combos it uses the stats and mods of it's gun variant rather than it's melee stats and mods.

It'd be the first trick weapon of Warframe, and all would bow before it.

The only downside of course is you'd lose out on your primary, unless there's an option to then only use it as a melee that can be fired during combos.

I'd make the gun a rifle like the Latron Prime, with a semi automatic bolt action between shots.

no we don't. the staticor are laser throwing knives with a glove attached.

Essentially, this.  When I first saw the Staticor I thought they WERE fist weapons with a charged range attack.  Boy was I disappointed.  In my opinion, melee weapons with a ranged attack are the way to go with Warframe's melee weapons.  A heat sword could send out a wave or whip of fire in a 360 degree circle. Atterax could reach across a tile and drag a target to the Tenno.  Stuff like that, not always just a simple cannon attached to a weapon.

Edited by Littleman88