Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With A Rat

DecapitatingJim

Gonna get to the point.

Just found a rat in the kitchen. I don't have any traps, I have poison. Do I poison the thing or do I leave it alone. I have no idea what to do. I can not get access to traps because, as I said it's currently 4 in the morning. I sorta need to deal with this now. 

Or do I wait till Monday so I can pick up some traps.

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Use a hammer.

Or leave it alive and try to lead it outside :D

I really don't want to spend the rest of my night cleaning rat brains off of me. Leading it outside wont be easy + it'll probably just lead to another rat infestation. 

Thought this was something mob related.

Poison some food, leave it where the rat can get it. It'll probably end up breeding if you don't.

No those are very easy to deal with. The aforementioned hammer works well for those kinds of rats.

What sort of food would you recommend? I was just gonna mix it with some bread crumbs. Problem with poison is it wont die right away and will most likely die somewhere in my walls. 

Should I leave it till..probably Monday cuz I can get a trap then?  

Should I wait till Monday so I can get traps or just poison it now? I'm worried it'll die in the walls somewhere. Last thing I need is to have to open up the damn walls to get at a dead rat. 

Well if it doesn't look pregnant it would be better to get alot of traps so it doesn't rot inside the walls.

Also i would poison the food for the trap sometimes rats can get out of the trap if it fails to snap the neck then you have a pissed off hurt rat hiding in the walls.

Edited by SarahApple

Well if it doesn't look pregnant it would be better to get alot of traps so it doesn't rot inside the walls.

I have absolutely no idea what a pregnant rat looks like but it looked pretty skinny to me <_< Think I could leave it till Monday though? 

Also i would poison the food for the trap sometimes rats can get out of the trap if it fails to snap the neck then you have a pissed off hurt rat hiding in the walls.

Yeah that seems like a good idea. Trap route then? 

I have absolutely no idea what a pregnant rat looks like but it looked pretty skinny to me <_< Think I could leave it till Monday though? 

Yeah that seems like a good idea. Trap route then? 

Yes as long as you don't see anymore it might be alone rat hiding from the cold but don't let it stay to long or others might smell it and come live with it.

Yes as long as you don't see anymore it might be alone rat hiding from the cold but don't let it stay to long or others might smell it and come live with it.

Heh I live in Africa, so the cold isn't much of a problem. If our previous rat problem is anything to go by though we'll have about a week before more start popping up. So I'll get some traps on Monday and get em around the house. Thanks for your help. 

For the others, sorry I'm not replying to the joke comments n S#&amp;&#036;, but I'm really in no mood atm. 

Heh I live in Africa, so the cold isn't much of a problem. If our previous rat problem is anything to go by though we'll have about a week before more start popping up. So I'll get some traps on Monday and get em around the house. Thanks for your help. 

For the others, sorry I'm not replying to the joke comments n S#&$, but I'm really in no mood atm. 

Yeah keep traps around for a week and maybe even think about some flea killer.

You don't want fleas to stay in the house believe me i had that happen once it was a month long battle my water pipe breaking finished them off lol

Edited by SarahApple

Buy a cat, that way you will have a cat problem instead of a rat problem

Got a dog atm, and she's old and cranky :P There's a cat that visits our garden a lot to try eat our birds (We have a lot of local wildlife it seems) and the mutt loses her S#&amp;&#036; when she sees her xD

Yeah keep traps around for a week and maybe even think about some flea killer.

You don't want fleas to stay in the house believe me i had that happen once it was a month long battle my water pipe breaking finished them off lol

Dog with long hair so fleas are something we go through on quite often. We have a big &amp;#&#33; bottle of flea killing powder and spray now and we plaster that around the house and on the mutt the moment we even suspect she's scratching more than normal. 

We have a spider problem downstairs quite often actually. Right on a garden with a lot of trees so lots of ants and spiders show up there. We fumigate the area every couple of months.

Gotta love this bloody country @_@

Got a dog atm, and she's old and cranky :P There's a cat that visits our garden a lot to try eat our birds (We have a lot of local wildlife it seems) and the mutt loses her S#&$ when she sees her xD

Dog with long hair so fleas are something we go through on quite often. We have a big ! bottle of flea killing powder and spray now and we plaster that around the house and on the mutt the moment we even suspect she's scratching more than normal. 

We have a spider problem downstairs quite often actually. Right on a garden with a lot of trees so lots of ants and spiders show up there. We fumigate the area every couple of months.

Gotta love this bloody country @_@

At least you don't have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata

Edited by SarahApple

At least those wont kill you, unlike half the S#&$ we've had in this damn house. Snakes included, big ones. I'd rather take something that's a little creepy, than something that can make the skin melt off me if it decides to bite me.

They actually sound like they'd be kinda handy to have around. Maybe they'd help out with the spider problem. 

At least those wont kill you, unlike half the S#&$ we've had in this damn house. Snakes included, big ones. I'd rather take something that's a little creepy, than something that can make the skin melt off me if it decides to bite me.

They actually sound like they'd be kinda handy to have around. Maybe they'd help out with the spider problem. 

Wolf spiders kill them for food and they're very aggressive nothing like a 2 in spider hiding in a bucket

Wolf spiders kill them for food and they're very aggressive nothing like a 2 in spider hiding in a bucket

We don't get Wolf spiders here as far as I know (Dear god I hope I'm right <_______<). We mostly have violin spiders and button spiders. Oh we've had a few scorpions too. 

And we had one of these @(*()$ things in our back garden a couple months back. <- Link is to a snake, just a heads up for anyone with phobias. 

Are you in Australia? 

Are the spiders large enough for you to see HP & Mana bars above their bodies?

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

We don't get Wolf spiders here as far as I know (Dear god I hope I'm right <_______<). We mostly have violin spiders and button spiders. Oh we've had a few scorpions too. 

And we had one of these @(*()$ things in our back garden a couple months back. <- Link is to a snake, just a heads up for anyone with phobias. 

Are you in Australia? 

No usa PA we have copperheads as our big smake i seen a alive one and have a skin of one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agkistrodon_contortrix

Edited by SarahApple

Are the spiders large enough for you to see HP & Mana bars above their bodies?

You tell me. Had these in my house before.

No usa PA we have copperheads as our big smake i seen a alive one and have a skin of one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agkistrodon_contortrix

Aww those are pretty cute. We have a whooole host of bad snakes around here though. 

http://www.nature-reserve.co.za/dangerous-snakes.html

I've seen nearly all of those at least once xD

That showed up so often while I was looking for help <_<