Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Shotguns And Snipers For Potato Treatment

TheZathel

Question

I've been racking up playtime and mastery levels since I started at quite a good pace but since I started doing Sorties I realized I'm kind of hosed if I get hit with a particular combination of sortie conditions. To counter that I decided to make sure to have at least one of each main "type" of weapons potatoed (and maybe forma'd) - not only for sorties, but for completeness sake too.

Thing is I don't know jack about shotties and sniper rifles - I've been focusing on ARs, marksman rifles and bows (I've also got a Tonkor, which I'm kind of ashamed of since it seems cheesy as hell). Which would be good picks that aren't particularly expensive to get (no syndicate please, Prime only if there's no real alternative). I'm Mastery rank 9.

7 answers to this question

Get a tigris or hek (+Steel meridian augment). Once MR12, get the syndicate counterparts. This is for shotguns. Needs potato and ~5 (~3 for syndicate version) forma for full build.

Sniper rifles is another story. Rubico, Vectis Prime, Vulkar Wraith (+New Loka augment), and maybe the lanka. Forma expensive weapons (~5-6 for crit builds.)

Edited by p3z1

Snipers: Vectis Prime, easiest to use and decent; Rubico, difficult to use but strong; Lanka, best damage wise and has long combo duration but projectiles have time.

Shotguns: Strun Wraith, good damage, amazing status chance; Hek for even more damages?

For shotguns, tbh there are really not much choices besides the syndicate shotgun / normal shotgun with syndicate mods.

Suggestions like Hek / Sobek + respective syndicate mods, or Tigris. I strongly advise to insta-grab the Vaykor Hek / Sancti Tigris, once reached MR12.

For snipers, more simple.

Vectis(Prime) for one-shot-real-sniper experience, Rubico for crit potential, or Lanka for DPS.

I really like sobek.   It has the best spread, and can clear a 3x3 square of enemy with punch through at range, or aim it to hit one guy with more pellets.   20 rounds and you have to go deep in the game where 1 shot does not kill your target,  but you can hold it down on the bosses when you get to that point.  Its a solid general purpose choice that is not reloading all the time.

Hek or V-hek are nice.  V-hek holds 8 and is puncture,  and better on single armored targets than sobek.  

The other shotguns all reload too often for me.   Yea they hit hard, but I dislike the style.

Snipers, use a bow (already silent and punch thru ...  2 free mods!) or the bow-like sniper: lanka.   Most of the other snipers are all about the same, I like vectis OK.