The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Prime Frame Parts Get Cheaper Over Time?

Dhansak

Question

In trade chat you can see that Prime warframe parts get cheaper over the months (excluding the special case of vaulted frames).

I have always assumed that this was simply due to a combination of

a) people acquire more parts over time so eventually sell them for less

b) initial hype/enthusiasm over a brand new primed frame naturally dies down a bit

Then it occurred to me that a 3rd factor may exist - drop rates.  Do these increase after awhile i.e. do the rare parts get that bit less rare months after a frame's initial appearance?

I only do light to medium farming for parts so can't really draw on my own experience to get a sense of this.

So does better drop rate happen at all? - over time, or maybe when a new prime occurs and drop table are amended?

14 answers to this question

Some parts are also introduced to more than a singledrop spot after a while.

Best example is Loki P Systems. It used to be exclusive to T3 Defense Rotation C and could score up to 150p a piece. After a long while they added it to T3 Sabotage and all of a sudden you can barely get 30p for it now.

Same happend to Volt P BP and a few more iirc.

The reason is simply supply and demand.

To add to this. There is observable snob effect during the initial days/weeks, which results in more parts of those items being created. This way, as the supply of the parts increase, the demand eventually diminishes making the parts cheaper the lower the demand.

I'd assume that the drop rates of the newly added parts do not change until new items are added/removed from the drop pools.

a) and b) explain that enought.

It would be interesting if prices was fluctuate up and down over time, but i havent observe it that much.

there could also be:

c) New Starchart will come Soon , so its better to execute the check when we can

New starchart will have no impact on the vaulted primes by the information we were given.

And prices do jump up and down every week. Just wait for the saryn PA and you'll see.

At start:

Buyers > Sellers = High Price

With time, people farm their parts and farmers farm more parts... then...

Sellers > Buyers 

If someone don't want to sell for 10, he can always search and someone might sell for 9... just because you either sell or wait until next buyer appears...

Drop rates affect this as the more rare = less sellers and more farm averse people willing to buy that part instead of grinding... so... buyers > sellers...

Also there is something to do with the mission time, and stuff like: "It's only 1% chance in a MD... I price how I want, buy or go farm yourself..."