The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newtenno Here With Worries About The Rhino Prime

ArchangelusAlpharius

Question

So far, I like the Rhino Prime. After playing a total of 7 days, 6 of which spent drooling over Excalibur's Unlimited Blade Works, and trying to convince my left kidney not to sell itself so I can try to bribe DE to give me an Excalibur Prime farming the void, gradually working my way up to T4 and learning how to actually be a team member, I actually managed to get all its components to drop. 

And its fun...but immediately after putting it on, ranking it to 20, and trying to get into some voids...well, this may be paranoid, but less people seem to be adding me to group. It may be they filled up fast, or entered the void before I could send...but the nagging feeling is there. I am aware there is the "Noob Boltino" stigma, and as such I want to know how to make my Rhino into a proper team player, at least until I can acquire those Trinity Prime Components.

To those players out there that know how to play a Rhino in a team fashion...what do I do? How do I avoid acting like many Rhinos before me, and screw the team over by being selfish?

I've also theory crafted a build, and would like feedback on if its supportive enough. I tried to stick as much into buffing Roar while making Iron Skin able to tank a few hits at 40+ Min/Wave in T4.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino_prime/t_30_2420143320_1-5-10-5-7-5-6-0-5-12-2-10-19-1-10-21-8-5-55-6-5-472-4-3-479-3-10-615-9-5_6-6-19-7-12-8-479-14-472-5-1-7-55-6-5-5-21-14-615-9_68/en/1-0-23

I guess you can throw on Corrosive Projection instead of Rifle Amp to deal with heavy gunners?

Thanks for helping me out...any information helps both me and whatever team my newbie self is on.

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

10 answers to this question

Corrosive helps, have a decent roar, learn to not go down, and move fast enough to revive people even when they are across the map. Void is largely everyone doing their own thing when you with good people

As for builds I never liked Rhino to make a really good build so I'm no help there

Edited by (XB1)Master4733

Well, there are two main Rhino builds: the Support build and the Tank build. The Support build focuses on buffing your teammate's attack power with Roar and stunning enemies with Stomp, and uses primarily power strength, duration, and range mods. Conversely, the Tank build focuses on using Iron Skin, and uses power strength, efficiency, and armor mods. If you really wanna max it out, Ironclad Charge for an extra armor boost.

Both builds can benefit your team, although the former is probably better for high-level stuff.

A Strength/Duration build is what I use on Rhino specifically for roar(and the higher power strength allows for iron skin clutch in high level content). There'll always be the "noob frame" stigma regarding Rhino, so it's best to just ignore what they say and do what you prefer. The main things about playstyle are pretty much what applies to playing with a group in general: Try to keep up, try to help the squad, and don't slow the run down by dying excessively.

As for the build you linked, I personally prefer the higher duration roar I get by using narrow minded in place of fleeting expertise(as well as not minding all the slightly absurd power costs that blind rage brings), but that's down to playstyle more than anything. And iron shrapnel is, unfortunately, not that good(not that any of rhino's augments are, save ironclad in an iron skin build), but fun nonetheless.

Best way to use rhino in any void defense:

Activate a laser, cast iron skin. As soon as you cast it, let the laser hit you. You'll absorb the damage and end up with somewhere around 500,000 armor on iron skin, making you basically invincible.

Make sure your teammates aren't in the way of the laser though.

Doesn't shrapnel allow you to recast a 100 hp skin for a full one though? To tank smarter?

Also is the insta revive focus tree good for a support rhino?

Yes and yes, in my opinion, shrapnel does let you cancel out weaker iron skins early to deal some damage/weak cc and recast if you want, although this is energy consuming if you don't have lots of efficiency.

Personally, I did a 60 minute survival on uranus once with just me playing an excal and a rhino with that insta revive. We weren't even talking or even knew eachother, it was just a good combo. Rhino isn't easy to bring down so he can get people up easily, especially with insta-revive, and it works both ways so if rhino does go down he can be picked right back up.

Best way to use rhino in any void defense:

Activate a laser, 

Yes, great advice to new rhino, activate lasers!

Don't ever, ever touch lasers in void defense, ever.

Build for efficiency, some strength and iron shrapnel syndicate mod. You don't need to use trick exploits.