Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

You two..are bloody $&*&*#(%& and have never played rhino

I have rhino & frost, both have same base speed, and rhino 1000% faster than frost and i wont explain "WHY" to person who are "EXPERIENCED RHINO PLAYER". 

You are playing with useles FRAME and even suck at playing it properly.

Edited by Keetsune

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Hahah nice one smart azz now it's what SPRINT online ? maybe they should take that way too and we should be called space turtles ?

What they did is ruined the smooth flow of movement and added a toggle sprint option promoting more rushers.

All i gotta say to this thread is "raises middle finger" thanks for ruining this game please die in hell with lots of bees.

This "nerf" has only created a situation where skill-level is homogenized, what exactly did we achieve by this?

We brought everyone down to the lowest common denominator and created a mushy soup of gameplay.

This hotfix will not lower rushers. I even dare to say it will increases the amount of rushers. Why? Because before if you wanted to explore the map, you could quickly move around the level by utilizing the slide+forward flip combo and still be able to harvest all the resources relatively fast. Now, it blatantly discourage you to do so unless you want to spend  the extra 15min per mission to explore the other part of the level. No thanks, at that time I could have killed the Hyena an extra time.

Also, for the argument of "just use wall jump then"; wall jump was basically the slide+forward flip prior to the nerf. Because what wall jump does is giving a forward boost in momentum which is identical to the slide+forward flip pre-nerf. So with that logic, wall jump should be nerfed too. And let us refactor the game's name to Slowframe.

Yay for casuals ruining this game...

Thanks DE...you're doing exactly what I've told you to not do and now look at what you're doing to the fanbase...

I know how you feel.

I started a thread trying to reverse the changes. Here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61276-smooth-movement-ruined-completely-thanks-whiny-little-kids/page-4#entry640219

If you're also not agreeing with the post the idiot behind this thread provided i suggest follow the link and support the thread to give us back what we deserve.

I'd suggest to not write off this problem off your list next you know "petition to remove sprinting this is't sprint online" 

Edited by ZWarhammer

Asa rhino, i needed the slide to be able to keep up with loki's and banshees. now because of this i will be left far far behind.

now at least theres a downside for playing rhino. resistant killing machine - a little bit slower than a excalibur

Edited by lautalocos

now at least theres a downside for playing rhino. resistant killing machine - a little bit slower than a excalibur

Fast frames can still press the sprint button and be faster than everyone else ( now with toggle sprint they don't even have to press anything they will just be rushing by default.

While slow frames could off set that a bit by performing slide/wallrun maneuvers to try and catch up which takes way more effort then pressing down a sprint button which you don't have to do anymore.

I know how you feel.

I started a thread trying to reverse the changes. Here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61276-smooth-movement-ruined-completely-thanks-whiny-little-kids/page-4#entry640219

If you're also not agreeing with the post the idiot behind this thread provided i suggest follow the link and support the thread to give us back what we deserve.

I'd suggest to not write off this problem off your list next you know "petition to remove sprinting this is't sprint online" 

Very well then...I've looked at it and am giving my support...

DE is turning this game into something very boring to play...

Man, yall all need to chill out with that mess. I bed if we all had a flying power jetting around 100mph with instakill hits and DE took it away yall would cry about that too. Quit complaining, if you dont like the game find something else to play, this patch made the gameplay quality more realistic and fun.

If you people like flying around sliding go play GunZ.

Hello,

I play a Rhino and I'm happy for the slide nerf.

Sure, I'll get left behind slightly more often (slightly), but yet even I could see it as a bug/unintended feature that people abused (yes, ABUSED) constantly.

If Slow Frames like Rhino become TOO much of a problem, then they could simply make speed Baseline for all Frames if that's the only reason why the Slide thing doesn't work.

And try to remember people, that there was a time (not all that long ago, actually) in Warframe when there was NO power slide at all. We got by JUST FINE.

Now everybody gets used to an oversight in a Beta and now they're all mad at the developers.

Give me a break, get your bottle, and grow up.

Man, yall all need to chill out with that mess. I bed if we all had a flying power jetting around 100mph with instakill hits and DE took it away yall would cry about that too. Quit complaining, if you dont like the game find something else to play, this patch made the gameplay quality more realistic and fun.

If you people like flying around sliding go play GunZ.

this^ I'm just seeing a lot of "OH NOES! I can't rush!" (edit) or keep up as well as Rhino/Frost (A sprint speed buff to 0.9 would fix this imo, otherwise there doesn't feel like much reason anymore to pick them on non-defense missions)

You can still do the slide jump thing, you just gotta put some... actual... sprinting in between! (literally about a second or two of sprinting, it's not game breaking. It's not game ruining. If this ruins the game for you, you should go play something else...)

Hello,

I play a Rhino and I'm happy for the slide nerf.

Sure, I'll get left behind slightly more often (slightly), but yet even I could see it as a bug/unintended feature that people abused (yes, ABUSED) constantly.

If Slow Frames like Rhino become TOO much of a problem, then they could simply make speed Baseline for all Frames if that's the only reason why the Slide thing doesn't work.

And try to remember people, that there was a time (not all that long ago, actually) in Warframe when there was NO power slide at all. We got by JUST FINE.

Now everybody gets used to an oversight in a Beta and now they're all mad at the developers.

Give me a break, get your bottle, and grow up.

this too ^ Hopefully they fix the knife skating next patch.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

After testing the new slide, I can say that it´s bad, but not as bad as some of you make it sound.

To clarify, I play Rhino with Thrak helmet and no sprint-related mods(Please dont tell me to abandon my helmet and use rush, it´s stupid to offer an alternative playstyle and then make it so horribly ineffective).

Yes, I am slow as hell - so far the only way to effectively keep up with my teammates was sliding all the time.This is not possible anymore because of the slide nerf; I will always stay behind.

I also can´t use rush because I have no free mod slot in my setup.

This change will lead to me not doing any missions other than defenses and, if I need mats, boss runs(And alerts for rewards) - simply because it is not fun to run behind your teammates and watch them slaughter all the enemies to only leave you some disregarded leftovers.

Nobody wants to be the laggard - but now I´m forced to.It was already horrid work to slide and run constantly all the time, but now it´s just a pain in the &#! because It´s not effective anymore.

I read a lot of comments saying :"Do wallruns hurr durr".Yeah, if wallruns were always possible and not even more exhausting to constantly pull off, I´d do that.

Another problem existing now is that Teammates constantly have to wait for me; this will lead to more people in pub games just pressing the elevator key because they are impatient, resulting in an inconvenient situation for both sides.

This is my 2cents on that subject.I´m kind of disappointed because I don´t see the point in this nerf; sliding is nothing gamebreaking or so overpowered it needed a nerf, seriously, there are more pressing problems around that need to be attended, for example the nerf and buff of several warframes and their abilites and weapons.

Edited by Fleischkloppa

After testing the new slide, I can say that it´s bad, but not as bad as some of you make it sound.

To clarify, I play Rhino with Thrak helmet and no sprint-related mods(Please dont tell me to abandon my helmet and use rush, it´s stupid to offer an alternative playstyle and then make it so horribly ineffective).

Yes, I am slow as hell - so far the only way to effectively keep up with my teammates was sliding all the time.This is not possible anymore because of the slide nerf; I will always stay behind.

I also can´t use rush because I have no free mod slot in my setup.

This change will lead to me not doing any missions other than defenses and, if I need mats, boss runs(And alerts for rewards) - simply because it is not fun to run behind your teammates and watch them slaughter all the enemies to only leave you some disregarded leftovers.

Nobody wants to be the laggard - but now I´m forced to.It was already horrid work to slide and run constantly all the time, but now it´s just a pain in the &#! because It´s not effective anymore.

I read a lot of comments saying :"Do wallruns hurr durr".Yeah, if wallruns were always possible and not even more exhausting to constantly pull off, I´d do that.

Another problem existing now is that Teammates constantly have to wait for me; this will lead to more people in pub games just pressing the elevator key because they are impatient, resulting in an inconvenient situation for both sides.

This is my 2cents on that subject.I´m kind of disappointed because I don´t see the point in this nerf; sliding is nothing gamebreaking or so overpowered it needed a nerf, seriously, there are more pressing problems around that need to be attended, for example the nerf and buff of several warframes and their abilites and weapons.

I understand your concerns, and at least you're not whining like a lot of other people are.

Your concerns are Valid -- Rhino and Frost need some type of tool to help them keep up. Or maybe other frames need to be slowed down or something.

This is supposed to be a Run and Gun game.

I see lots of Running, but very little Gunning.

DE_Steve even said in a Livestream that rushing is OK if you're gunning the occasional mob down that gets in your way, but he doesn't want to see players rushing with huge lines of mobs running after them. That's not in their vision of Warframe. You're supposed to actually kill stuff in your way, not just run past it.

That's not in their vision of Warframe. You're supposed to actually kill stuff in your way, not just run past it.

You know what solves this?

Doors, lockdowns and other hard obstacles.

You know what doesn't solve this?

Patching out movement chaining.

I understand your concerns, and at least you're not whining like a lot of other people are.

Your concerns are Valid -- Rhino and Frost need some type of tool to help them keep up. Or maybe other frames need to be slowed down or something.

This is supposed to be a Run and Gun game.

I see lots of Running, but very little Gunning.

DE_Steve even said in a Livestream that rushing is OK if you're gunning the occasional mob down that gets in your way, but he doesn't want to see players rushing with huge lines of mobs running after them. That's not in their vision of Warframe. You're supposed to actually kill stuff in your way, not just run past it.

Even then nerfing slide is not going to force us to kill enemies...

They need to give people better reasons to kill monsters...

You know what solves this?

Doors, lockdowns and other hard obstacles.

You know what doesn't solve this?

Patching out movement chaining.

1). Enemies can't lock rooms down very well if you're in a room less than 10 seconds at a time.

2). Doors don't slow you down.

3). Elevators are the only other obstacle and they actually help rushers more than hurt them by blocking the enemies.

Even then nerfing slide is not going to force us to kill enemies...

They need to give people better reasons to kill monsters...

Mods, crafting materials, and craptons of XP aren't reason enough? *blink* What do you want, free void keys every 5th mob you kill or something? Yeesh.

Peeps complain that dojos take too many materials, the boomerang takes too many materials... yet nobody wants to kill anything, or open any lockers to GET the materials needed.... lol

1). Enemies can't lock rooms down very well if you're in a room less than 10 seconds at a time.

2). Doors don't slow you down.

3). Elevators are the only other obstacle and they actually help rushers more than hurt them by blocking the enemies.

That still doesn't change the fact that removing movement-chains doesn't fix your concerns at all.

Its DEs job to invent a map design that gates the whole party and keeps them sticking together.

Make doors needed to be operated by all players in a session for all I care.

Did you ever try to think about the possibility that DE didn't want you to infinitely chain slides for ridiculous speed boosts?

A Slide is supposed to be an evasive maneuver, or in the new grineer galleon levels, a parkour maneuver.

It isn't something you're supposed to be doing 95% of the time you're in a mission.

Did you ever try to think about the possibility that DE didn't want you to infinitely chain slides for ridiculous speed boosts?

A Slide is supposed to be an evasive maneuver, or in the new grineer galleon levels, a parkour maneuver.

It isn't something you're supposed to be doing 95% of the time you're in a mission.

I hope you know they had this fixed before the slide nerf...

When you had Kunai you could not Slice Skate but you could still slide...

fukin right ^