Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion][Read All Before Insta-Closing] Choose One Warframe And Put It On

TheBrightKing

First of all please real ALL because there are important details that may make this idea look lore friendly, and could make this a great story for the game (in my opinion)

Second; This could have a lot of spoilers so if you never did The second dream quest you are at your own risk by reading this.

The reveal of the second dream, was a mind blown, no one, or at least only a reduced number of players expected how it ended, and, dont take me wrong, i liked it, i loved how was the quest and how it ended, and i know a lot of people didnt like it, but, i liked it, and with this, im not trying to change anything, im NOT trying to change the second dream, im NOT trying to change the actual revealed lore... Im trying to give an idea with a future game mechanic and a future path that the lore can take, and ill explain how when i explain the idea.

So the main basic idea is that at some point of the story they will let you choose one (choosing one... after the quest, they can let you choose two or more by an expansion to the warframe or requesting some requeriments so if for you the "choose one" factor is a problem then now is no more a problem) warframes to put it on; if you are going to say; WHY? HOW? ITS NOT LORE FRIENDLY!!! thats what im trying to explain, thats why i said dont close before reading all...

-In the second dream, at the end, we all see how the warframe seems to have his own life, so... how would you put it on if it has life?

thats the main question you would ask, this is my idea; the somatic link is a good system, but at some point, you notice you have developed a deeper connection with one of your warframes  so, for some reasons i can explain in this post before this, he lets you "fusion" your body with his/her body, so the warframe would cover the body of the tenno, being one being, made of two.

what would be the reason? its up to you, or to DE if they read this and want to put this in the game. I have some ideas for it and a new quest; they are so early and unpolished but they could be taken as examples; hunhow/vor/stalker... ambushes you and destroys your ship, and it crashes in the planet he ambushes you, you escape, and you try to survive, while he searchs for you, you have to gather the materials to repair the ship, but you cant go out if you dont want to be killed, in the desperation something appears through the door of your hideout, its one of your warframes, you have eveloped a strong connection with him (the frame you have to coose) he lets you put it on, and you go out and fight until you can recover your ship and scape the planet

another idea is that your warframes become corrupt, and then they get mad and start attacking you, all but one, the one you choose, the one that have a stonger connection with you, that lets you use him as an armor and fight your other frames, until you recover control of them

anyways the idea is that you develop a strong connection with one of your warframes that lets you put it on like an armor

that would be a great story line in my opinion

they can also add a mechanic where you choose the warframe to put it on (after the quest) and your powers become much stronger (because you are inside the warframe) but, if you die, you will have no more revives and you will have to abort the mission, so ordis can pick you up back to your ship, so more strength, but 1 life insted of 5. Also they could add a special 5th ability tree to the warframe you control from inside specially, and special rooms and challenges only accesible with the warframe over your body.

So if you want to have more lives you can choose normal mode, but if you want to became serious and want more strength you can use the tenno inside frame mode. That would make players choose what the like better.

CONCLUSION; i think this is a good storyline,( srry if my english is not very good ), that can add interesting mechanics, that can even make DE see profit, like, for example, if you want 2 or more warframes to put on like armors they can implement a warframe expansion that could be farmed or bought, to equip in warframe,  or at least do some quest or thing with the other warframes you want to be your armor,  it could also add some variety to the game, finally, as side effect, some players that are dissappointed because of the tenno not being in the frontline could be happier with this, and much more...

So if you want to have more lives you can choose normal mode, but if you want to became serious and want more strength you can use the tenno inside frame mode.

This would maintain the second dream story, continue it, maybe improve it, and let the people who disliked it or like it choose what they want.

and finally post and vote if you like the storyline and if you have ideas for a new quest involving this storyline, i just gave examples, or if you have ideas for new mechanics involving this, also, dont say that this shouldnt happen just because of the mechanics i thought, because they are green, so if you have a better idea for that please post it.

anyways: if you liked the idea post or vote or somehing... and hope DE read this, if you have an idea on how to improve it share it if you want

SO FINAL CONCLUSION AND ADVANTGES: This would maintain the second dream story, continue it, maybe improve it, and let the people who disliked it or liked it choose what they want. It could make a bit more profit to DE, and add more variety.

and before saying this is impossible because you dislike it because you like the actual story; think that with this you can have the lore you like because having a warframe that can be used as armor can be used also as you used it before without any restrictions, and think also, that as side effect the people who was dissappointed with tenno not being inside would be happy also, this wouldnt take the lore you like off it would keep it and add some more that could like more people. And as i said i like our lore, but i think this could improve it.

ESSENTIAL READ THIS BEFORE POSTING;(srry for mayus  and incoming ones but too much comments like "warframe restrictions" and i have to clarify it) THIS IS NOT RESTRICTING WARFRAMES;THEY CAN ALSO MAKE YOU HAVE MORE THAN 1, 2, 3.. WARFRAMES WITH ARMOR MODE,  THEY CAN REQUEST SOME REQUERIMENTS, OR AN EXPANSION TO THE WARFRAME, TO MAKE MORE THAN 1 WARFRAME TO HAVE ARMOR MODE, ALSO; ITS A MODE SO YOU CAN RETURN TO NORMAL MODE WITH THE NORMAL MECHANICS WHEN YOU WANT.  SO ITS NOT RESTRICTING WARFRAMES, ITS ADDING VARIETY AND A WAY TO MAKE ALL PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME AS THEY WANT: INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THEIR WARFRAMES.

Also after upvoting the first comment think that this is not restricting any warframe because you could make more warframes be armors and think that, if you like the actual lore it would continue being as it is, just think about people who dont, or think about going out the ship one time inside one of the warframes, if this is a mode you could toggle it so you have the warframe in normal "surrogate" mode and armor mode, and if you dont like armor mode you just dont use it, its all about adding variety, make a good story and letting other players play as they want to play.

Edited by mstriker

No,

Simply put DE make money from new Warframes and anything that impacts that is unlikely to happen.

What if you have bought two prime accesses? Why should you chose only one of the things you bought all of a sudden, why should any content be wanted that only caters to people who happen to only like one Warframe?

Talk about a waste of money

Warframes are tools, this game is about mastering all the available tools _not_ picking a hammer and pretending every challenge is a nail.

I heavily dislike this idea... It isn't lore friendly at all and no amount of "but it CAN be" will ever make it so. I can't think of a way for this to happen that wouldn't make me cringe throughout the entire story.

Explain how my chunky Tenno fits into a Nekros suit.

Don't go messing with a good thing. What we have now is great, we just need to further develop an ongoing story. We don't need any more perspective altering quests as of now.

Edited by (PS4)KestralSylver

"What if you have bought two prime accesses? Why should you chose only one of the things you bought all of a sudden, why should anycontent be wanted that only caters to people who happen to only like one Warframe?"

lol never thought you have that view of a game, considering all things in it as tools

also, i dont know, i said its an early idea, you can use not only one but more than one to put them on lol

Edited by mstriker

No,

Simply put DE make money from new Warframes and anything that impacts that is unlikely to happen.

What if you have bought two prime accesses? Why should you chose only one of the things you bought all of a sudden, why should any content be wanted that only caters to people who happen to only like one Warframe?

Talk about a waste of money

Warframes are tools, this game is about mastering all the available tools _not_ picking a hammer and pretending every challenge is a nail.

also if thats the problem, you could choose one for the quest, then use plat to unlock that characteristic in other frames like frame slots or do something in order to unlock it in other frames

althought i dont see the problem in choosing one if you could still use the other frames the same way

I heavily dislike this idea... It isn't lore friendly at all and no amount of "but it CAN be" will ever make it so. I can't think of a way for this to happen that wouldn't make me cringe throughout the entire story.

Explain how my chunky Tenno fits into a Nekros suit.

Don't go messing with a good thing. What we have now is great, we just need to further develop an ongoing story. We don't need any more perspective altering quests as of now.

what we have now is good, but as i said im not trying to change it

nekros... it can be a problem, but remember that, when nekros was released, they didnt have the second dream or the lore we have now in mind, so somehow someone could go inside

"What if you have bought two prime accesses? Why should you chose only one of the things you bought all of a sudden, why should anycontent be wanted that only caters to people who happen to only like one Warframe?"

lol never thought you have that view of a game, considering all things in it as tools

also, i dont know, i said its an early idea, you can use not only one but more than one to put them on lol

Me? I don't. I'm explaining how a business has to think about things it sells. You have to be very careful not to ever make systems that favours choosing one item when your business plan relies on people wanting many different versions of that item.

It's in the very first open beta trailer for the game "Master the Warframes" the Lotus tells us, plural, all of them.

Not:

"Hop into one of them for evermore" 

Just accept that the Tenno is not inside the Warframe, It's not going to happen.

Me? I don't. I'm explaining how a business has to think about things it sells. You have to be very careful not to ever make systems that favours choosing one item when your business plan relies on people wanting many different versions of that item.

It's in the very first open beta trailer for the game "Master the Warframes" the Lotus tells us, plural, all of them.

Not:

"Hop into one of them for evermore" 

Just accept that the Tenno is not inside the Warframe, It's not going to happen.

i repeat it, if its the only problem you have they could make the same as they did with slots, to have more than one or two, or they can make a quest or something that would let you have more than one, two or three or more lol

also"Master the Warframes" the lore also said they built them around us, 

also:

as i said and i modifid the original post they can let you choose more than one warframe to put it on, bu for the quest if its one only one wrframe, so you cn modify or erase or wathever you want to do because it no loger makes sense

EDITED CONCLUSION AND SOME POINTS IN THE ORIGINAL POST (mainly in conclusion, and added a final conclusion)

as i noticed some fails in my idea i tried to fix them, these are the things i added or modified;

"So the main basic idea is that at some point of the story they will let you choose one (choosing one... after the quest, they can let you choose two or more like buying warframe slots or doing something with them so if for you the "choose one" factor is a problem then now is no more a problem) warframes to put it on; if you are going to say; WHY? HOW? ITS NOT LORE FRIENDLY!!! thats what im trying to explain, thats why i said dont close before reading all..."

"So if you want to have more lives you can choose normal mode, but if you want to became serious and want more strength you can use the tenno inside frame mode. That would make players choose what the like better."

"CONCLUSION; i think this is a good storyline,( srry if my english is not very good ), that can add interesting mechanics, that can even make DE see profit, like, for example, if you want 2 or more warframes to put on like armors you can spend some plat like in warframe slots,  or at least do some quest or thing with the other warframes you want to be you armor,  it could also add some variety to the game, finally, as side effect, some players that are dissappointed because of the tenno not being in the frontline could be happier with this, and much more...

So if you want to have more lives you can choose normal mode, but if you want to became serious and want more strength you can use the tenno inside frame mode."

"ONE LAST THING; im not saying after the quest the game wont let you use other frames, you could use the others after the quest as you used them before, you could use platinum to have more than one or two or three... warframes as armor, like slots, or do a quest or something to have more warframes to put on as armors, while you can use them as you used before, like a mode: armor mode, normal mode. "

"SO FINAL CONCLUSION AND ADVANTGES: This would maintain the second dream story, continue it, maybe improve it, and let the people who disliked it or liked it choose what they want. It could make a bit more profit to DE, and add more variety."

To be honest the whole point of the Second Dream quest was mostly to show us what the Tenno really are yes, Warframes were made around us but we are supposed to be able to adapt to anything meaning we can/should master all the Warframes if we got restricted to only one Warframe it would be boring (It's already like like with buying slots which isn't bad) but its great the way it is adding a bunch of hoops for us to jump through for one thing would turn people away the game allows you to be and use whatever you want which is so amazing compared to many games. In short I like the fact we are actually fragile and have to use our mind to control our other body to fight.

To be honest the whole point of the Second Dream quest was mostly to show us what the Tenno really are yes, Warframes were made around us but we are supposed to be able to adapt to anything meaning we can/should master all the Warframes if we got restricted to only one Warframe it would be boring (It's already like like with buying slots which isn't bad) but its great the way it is adding a bunch of hoops for us to jump through for one thing would turn people away the game allows you to be and use whatever you want which is so amazing compared to many games. In short I like the fact we are actually fragile and have to use our mind to control our other body to fight.

lol as i said, we would NOT be restricted to one warframe, i said that they could let us have more than one as an armor by doing something like building slots or a quest or something, and we could also toggle modes so we can be out the frame also.

lol as i said, we would NOT be restricted to one warframe, i said that they could let us have more than one as an armor by doing something like building slots or a quest or something, and we could also toggle modes so we can be out the frame also.

I have a better solution, if this is how you really want to play Warframe. Just restrict yourself to one Warframe.

Slots are already a thing. Just use your imagination, and voila, your ideas are already in game. Seems like a really roundabout way to include Warframe "slots" in the lore, and still completely nope.

We already have to buy slots making us do a quest just to get more would be useless and the whole point of the tenno in the back of our ship is they are they are fragile and we cant risk them getting hurt we can already fight with them a bit but they are still safe if that changes then we would die or the whole point of the second dream quest and focus would be for nothing and be killed it would destroy the lore

EDITED: two last lines because it seems like i dont write very well so people cant understand what im trying to say, this is what i aded:

and before saying this is impossible because you dislike it because you like the actual story; think that with this you can have the lore you like because having a warframe that can be used as armor can be used also as you used it before without any restrictions, and think also, that as side effect the people who was dissappointed with tenno not being inside would be happy also, this wouldnt take the lore you like off it would keep it and add some more that could like more people. And as i said i like our lore, but i think this could improve it.

ESSENTIAL READ THIS BEFORE POSTING;(srry for mayus  and incoming ones but too much comments like "warframe restrictions" and i have to clarify it) THIS IS NOT RESTRICTING WARFRAMES;  THEY CAN ALSO MAKE YOU HAVE MORE THAN 1, 2, 3.. WARFRAMES WITH ARMOR MODE, THEY CAN MAKE A QUEST TO MAKE MORE THAN 1 WARFRAME TO HAVE ARMOR MODE, ALSO; ITS A MODE SO YOU CAN RETURN TO NORMAL MODE WITH THE NORMAL MECHANICS WHEN YOU WANT.  SO ITS NOT RESTRICTING WARFRAMES, ITS ADDING VARIETY AND A WAY TO MAKE ALL PLAYERS PLAY THE GAME AS THEY WANT: INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THEIR WARFRAMES.

Edited by mstriker

I have a better solution, if this is how you really want to play Warframe. Just restrict yourself to one Warframe.

Slots are already a thing. Just use your imagination, and voila, your ideas are already in game. Seems like a really roundabout way to include Warframe "slots" in the lore, and still completely nope.

EITED: now this is not a way to implemet buying slots in lore.