Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Rhino Prime And Trading (Total Newbie)

NeonAbomination

Question

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to warframe. I played for like 15 hours a year ago, but study came in the way and I had to stop. However, now I have some time, and went into the wiki to decide exactly what approach I wanted to take, what frame I wanted to use, and the weapons that would be the most fun for me. Unfortunately, I recently realised that after looking through all the frames, the one I want the most has only just recently been taken out of the game, the Rhino Prime.

From what I gather, I can still trade for it though. How much platinum would such a thing be worth? Depending on how much it costs I might just decide to buy some plat and trade that.

If it's too much, I suppose I'll just go for a regular rhino, but I'd like to get the prime if possible.

If it IS too much, and I do want to go for the regular Rhino, I'd also like to know what would be the best approach to doing this. I don't want to grind for ages just to have the option of using a frame I like from the start, so if I bought some platinum, would it be better to buy from the store, or trade parts from players? I think that's how it works anyway.

Thank you.

You can farm for regular Rhino from the Jackal on Venus. Only needs 3 components to be dropped from the boss. Main blueprint can be found from the market. It is NOT worth it to buy him from the store. Also, you can't trade regular frame components between players, the only exception being Nezha who is dropped from Sorties.

Since Rhino Prime is vaulted, people will be overcharging for it like crazy. I'd estimate around 200p on the lower end of prices. If you want, I'd be willing to let go of one of mine for 120p.

EDIT: Prices I'm seeing are from the Asia region, not too sure what it goes for around other regions.

Edited by Sormatte

The Rhino Prime set is probably worth about 100p right now or so, but it's a free enterprise out there, some people will charge insace prices. 

But Rhino Prime will come back. Probably in an "Unvaulting" event or in Starchart 3.0

If you aren't able to get a reasonable price (Somewhere around 100-150) then going with regular rhino is what you should do. The only thing the prime variant has over the regular version is more sprint speed, polarities, armor, and the gold Ironskin.

If you want to go get the regular rhino, go head to Venus and farm his parts from the Jackel boss. Playing on either pub or with friends would help. All this parts are fairly easy to get, and he's a nice frame for newer players.

The Jackal drops the helmet, chassis and system blueprints and you can buy the main blueprint from the market for credits. 

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Hey 120 for a Rhino Prime set sounds like a pretty good deal, I'd totally buy 10 bucks worth of Platinum to trade for it, at least, I think it's $10.

Here's the thing though. Unless we can do the trade over this website (which I'll assume you can't), I don't have access to my main PC right now. I'm still studying, but that will be over in about two days.

If you are willing to help me out and just wait a short while, I'd be willing to give you a bit more plat. Say the 150 or whatever you get from the 10 buck pack, or however much there is.

I mean, I might also get a better offer, but really, it sounds like I'm getting a decent deal here, and I appreciate the help.

Since Rhino Prime has just been vaulted, there's going to be plenty of scalpers trying to really ream you on prices; there's a lot of high-pressure salespeople trying to trade. However, there's going to be a bit more of his pieces out there right now, just because people have been trying to actively farm for him for the last few days.

On the other hand, due to its current "limited quantities" the price will only go up as time goes on. So if you're really dying for him, now would probably be the time to buy it. I haven't checked the prices myself, but a couple of others gave you some quotes above.

Frankly, I'd say to go for regular Rhino and save yourself the headache. You miss on a bit of armor and some sprint speed, but personally I find that it's not worth the price. However, it is essentially a cosmetic, so if you're really dying for the aesthetics as well as the minor stat boosts, then go for it.

You'll probably have to wait a while for Rhino to reappear as a drop though. Mag and Ember have been vaulted before him, and Frost came back from December to January (after being vaulted in April).

Hey 120 for a Rhino Prime set sounds like a pretty good deal, I'd totally buy 10 bucks worth of Platinum to trade for it, at least, I think it's $10.

Here's the thing though. Unless we can do the trade over this website (which I'll assume you can't), I don't have access to my main PC right now. I'm still studying, but that will be over in about two days.

If you are willing to help me out and just wait a short while, I'd be willing to give you a bit more plat. Say the 150 or whatever you get from the 10 buck pack, or however much there is.

I mean, I might also get a better offer, but really, it sounds like I'm getting a decent deal here, and I appreciate the help.

Yup, can only trade when you're in-game. I'll send you a friend request. 

I'm just messing with ya buddy. I'm not looking for a fight.

Oh wait, crap, that picture didn't show up for me before! Damn this slow internet. I thought you were making a friendly jab at my name!

Like I said, I'll be back to my normal home in two days or so. All will be well then.

I don't take back anything I said though. I love edgy things.

Hold on a second, I just learned of the existence of alternative equipment for frames. It seems like there's a bunch of helmets and stuff that change rhinos stats around.

Does Rhino Prime have any helmets? This may mean I need to do more trading to get the exact setup I want.

Rhino and Rhino Prime share the exact same helmets. There are only 2 helmets that alter your stats.

Vanguard: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vanguard_Rhino_Helmet

Thrak: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Thrak_Rhino_Helmet

Oh hey, neat, so if it works with both versions of Rhino, I don't need to worry about it being put in the vault or whatever? I just need to craft it, right?

I might try to get the Thrak then. I love being slow and strong in games, hence my love for shotguns. Seems like the perfect helmet for me!

Edited by NeonAbomination

I'm just messing with ya buddy. I'm not looking for a fight.

Oh wait, crap, that picture didn't show up for me before! Damn this slow internet. I thought you were making a friendly jab at my name!

Like I said, I'll be back to my normal home in two days or so. All will be well then.

I don't take back anything I said though. I love edgy things.

I feel for ya dude. Don't have good net over here either. XD

I like edgy things too. :P (Sometimes)

tumblr_lggdj628ax1qe0195o1_250.gif

vsa75Ih.jpg

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Oh hey, neat, so if it works with both versions of Rhino, I don't need to worry about it being put in the vault or whatever? I just need to craft it, right?

I might try to get the Thrak then. I love being slow and strong in games, hence my love for shotguns. Seems like the perfect helmet for me!

The Arcane variants of those helmets are the ones with the stats on them.

If you get the Thrak helm blueprint from an alert (Or buy it from the market for 75p, which I wouldn't recommend doing), it will be statless and just a cosmetic change.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Careful though, you need to buy the Arcane versions of them from some other players. You can't naturally get it anymore. The helmets you see in the alerts are without any stats.

Edit: Got ninja'd. Screw you killer.

9541.jpg

Edited by IceColdHawk

Careful though, you need to buy the Arcane versions of them from some other players. You can't naturally get it anymore. The helmets you see in the alerts are without any stats.

Edit: Got ninja'd. Screw you killer.

vsa75Ih.jpg

But on a side note, the arcane helms can be pretty expensive. I also wouldn't recommend messing with the predators in trade chat for them (Vanguards helm being sold for upwards of 200p-500p)

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

But on a sidenote, the arcane helms can be pretty expensive. I also wouldn't recommend messing with the predators in trade chat for them. (The Vanguard helm being sold for upwards of 200-500)

Hey, next time when you quote me, quote me right! I haven't posted palpatine lol.

But yeah, gotta agree with buying those helmets is way too much right now for what they offer...The change about the helmets losing their stats and arcane ones keep them was really bad IMO

Edited by IceColdHawk

I love being slow and strong in games, hence my love for shotguns.

You sir, have now earned my respect.

Hey, next time when you quote me, quote me right! I haven't posted palpatine lol.

But yeah, gotta agree with buying those helmets is way too much right now for what they offer...The change about the helmets losing their stats and arcane ones keep them was really bad IMO

I actually pasted the meme into your quote. Mistake on my part. XD

Edit: Hotfixed

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Wow, only an hour after my first post on this forum and I'm already famous!

This was a lot easier than TV told me it was!

KNEEL BEFORE MY EASY TO DODGE POWER, PEASANT!

lol i'm just imagining a tv show reviewing certain threads and posts of the warframe forums, just for the entertainment. That'd be funny.

Edited by IceColdHawk