The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka Need Rework?

Sparten-Red

I don't know why but i feel that venka are too weak and too slow with the amount of damage it does i know vermillion storm is the fast stance but when i use 4 Riders or Raptor its all out crap and weak the crit chance is only 15% there is nothing i can do to make these weapons amazing Please help me and is there anything on venka prime? :(

Edited by Sparten-Red

Well yes, the base stats of these claws are weak, they can't compete with the current crop of melee weapons.

That said, I'm using them with Malicious Raptor and it's not all bad. Put a Berserker and some other crit mods on them and amp the status chance a bit for more procs, a lot of fast strikes means you can proc status quite often (e.g. Corrosive and armour-ignoring Slash). Also, the headbutt combo of Malicious Raptor opens up your enemies for a Finisher.

On 18.2.2016 at 3:45 PM, Sparten-Red said:

Well also i forgot to state that my venka are pretty strong they also do red critz but i feel like they are still weak in someone where i struggle with level 60 enemies it just feel pathetic and weak 

It's been a few days, but if you're still around, can you elaborate? You struggle as in you are unable to put a dent in those level 60 enemies or is it just that it takes a bit longer than with other melee weapons? I'm assuming you're talking about Void enemies.

On 2/22/2016 at 0:43 PM, Kontrollo said:

It's been a few days, but if you're still around, can you elaborate? You struggle as in you are unable to put a dent in those level 60 enemies or is it just that it takes a bit longer than with other melee weapons? I'm assuming you're talking about Void enemies.

Well i mean i can dent level 40 like nothing but i cant to anything to level 60 enemys i really dont know why and i use a blood rush build and how can i get my hit count up when i hit tooooo sloooooww

they could use a buff, definitely.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Demonfr34k said:

I hope to god when syndicate melees come sancti venka is a thing

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Burnthesteak87 said:

Just wait for Rakta Venka.

Red Veil won't have Venkas, they seem to much prefer Daggers over anything else. they already use the heat Dagger, so there's no reason why it shouldn't be that instead. new Loka could get it though, but I'd prefer to see them with a Polearm.

but on the OP, Venkas could certainly use a buff.

Edited by (PS4) robotwars7
typos

1 hour ago, Sparten-Red said:

Well i mean i can dent level 40 like nothing but i cant to anything to level 60 enemys i really dont know why and i use a blood rush build and how can i get my hit count up when i hit tooooo sloooooww

Hm well, that's not really my experience. Have a look at this:

Spoiler

In case the video doesn't load for you here's a link.

Now this is a best-case scenario.

In my tests, it usually took about twice that time to deal with those level 100 Eximus units, I'm just using this one here because gfycat limits the allowed video time. Can you tell me what build you're using?

Edited by Kontrollo

Ripka's have the damage you want the Venka's to have .. but Ripka's are the chainblades that looked good on paper but don't really work in effect (I wanted them to sound like a REALLY LOUD chainsaw going nuts on things, and that vibrates the hell outa your hands / screen when you're hammering out a huge combo)

My 3 gripes about the Venka :

1. Slow attack speed : this would be a simple buff that wouldn't break them at all. They should be fast given they are effectively just your hands so they should be effortless to move around. 

2. Low slide damage : again a simple buff that only affects one style of attack, but coupled with Maiming Strike would make them a fun crit alternative.

3. Blades hit first, which means Heavy Impact doesn't fire on a ground slam .. a simple change that would actually make them really viable due to the AoE (but hey who uses Heavy Impact these days anyway ?? .. Haters .. commense your hate !!)

Thing is I always thought the Venka's had a decent small AoE, as even before Parkour 2.0 I was jumping around everywhere ground slamming with them and sending enemies flying. Maybe that got nerfed (?)

16 hours ago, Sparten-Red said:

Ok i lied a little lol but they still struggle in sorties and every other place like t4s around 40 minutes 

Well, here's my Void build in any case:

Spoiler

yEhFqNb.jpg

However, it really depends on the Malicious Raptor stance. The idea is to get a lot of fast strikes to feed Blood Rush and Berserker and to get the initial damage out of armour-ignoring Finishers and Bleed DoTs. After a while the Corrosive procs kick in and make the Ground Finishers deadly, too.

Against the Heavies I usually start with a knockdown and a Ground Finisher to get more attack speed/Corrosive procs. Then do the Venging Thrash (hold-RMB-combo) because it opens up for a Finisher with the headbutt. After that, Wicked Slash (pause-combo) a few times because it has a lot of fast strikes and a knockdown, which you can use for more Ground Finishers. Also, try to aim the Ground Finishers at the head (doesn't work all the time).

Try it sometime and let me know what you think.

Also, how are you guys doing with Vermillion Storm? I'm quite happy with Malicious Raptor so I haven't bothered farming that yet, is it worth getting?

Edited by Kontrollo

On 2/28/2016 at 1:10 PM, Kontrollo said:

Well, here's my Void build in any case:

Hide contents

yEhFqNb.jpg

However, it really depends on the Malicious Raptor stance. The idea is to get a lot of fast strikes to feed Blood Rush and Berserker and to get the initial damage out of armour-ignoring Finishers and Bleed DoTs. After a while the Corrosive procs kick in and make the Ground Finishers deadly, too.

Against the Heavies I usually start with a knockdown and a Ground Finisher to get more attack speed/Corrosive procs. Then do the Venging Thrash (hold-RMB-combo) because it opens up for a Finisher with the headbutt. After that, Wicked Slash (pause-combo) a few times because it has a lot of fast strikes and a knockdown, which you can use for more Ground Finishers. Also, try to aim the Ground Finishers at the head (doesn't work all the time).

Try it sometime and let me know what you think.

Also, how are you guys doing with Vermillion Storm? I'm quite happy with Malicious Raptor so I haven't bothered farming that yet, is it worth getting?

i have that exact same build or something similar and i still just dont do enough base dammage i mean i just discoverd that i can go 1hour solo with my venka

22 hours ago, Sparten-Red said:

i have that exact same build or something similar and i still just dont do enough base dammage i mean i just discoverd that i can go 1hour solo with my venka

I guess you're doing well enough then. :)

Yes, they're bad compared to the best melee weapons out there, but good enough for most parts of the game. I hope we'll see a better version or better stats with these claws, though.

It has been a long while since the claws weapon were released.

So, it's just like an old weapon, weak and need to be updated.

And their stances are clumsy and unintuitive to use too, especially Malicious Raptor (but it has a finisher combo, which deals massive damage).

Personal opinion but claws should be either high critical chance or high critical damage to give them that short range but sharp weapons, im talking about 50% critical chance with x2 critical damage or 20-25% crit chance with x3.5/x4 critical damage.

On 3/3/2016 at 2:24 PM, Rhaenxys said:

Personal opinion but claws should be either high critical chance or high critical damage to give them that short range but sharp weapons, im talking about 50% critical chance with x2 critical damage or 20-25% crit chance with x3.5/x4 critical damage.

Yes to make them really good for blood rush