The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone know how to get these crates ?

DjParagon

Question

Hey guys !

I saw these a few days ago in Tower I Void and was wondering if anyone know how to get there. I looked around for a while but did not find any secret door or pressure plate around.

pQFjedc.jpg

nz0fk3O.jpg

This one, same Tower I

KDmRiPH.jpg

HJTvVGk.jpg

This one in extermination

hnhPKs3.jpg

2Y9fPlJ.jpg

And bonus, what is this ?

UtmRvWt.jpg

Thanks in advance !

Edited by DjParagon
typo

8 answers to this question

Can't answer for all of them, but:

First pictures looks like the 'L' shaped treasure room (from the pattern of the crates).  If so, the entrance to the room would have been to the right on the map.

The Second pictures show a 'hidden' room you can get to by running from one end to the other quickly - and it's not always active.  When you come into the room, there will sometimes be a barrier between you and the two ice sections.  Stand on the trigger to open the door, and bullet jump over the lasers/ice - you'll see that that 'wall' is actually a descending door.  If you take too long the door descends, and you cannot get to it

Don't recognize either the second or bonus.

5 minutes ago, DjParagon said:

Hey guys !

I saw these a few days ago in Tower I Void and was wondering if anyone know how to get there. I looked around for a while but did not find any secret door or pressure plate around.

This one, same Tower I

hnhPKs3.jpg

2Y9fPlJ.jpg

Thanks in advance !

If I had to guess the first few may just be the level poorly laying itself out and they're impossible to get, as for the ones shown in these pictures occasionally the gates before you get to the cubes will be closed and you can step on the pressure plate to open them this will activate the lasers and you will have to cross the Ice pads before the door in the upper picture closes and you can have the loot. If you're too slow it closes and you miss out on it there is no way for you to get it unless the gates are closed when you get into the room

Edit: That last pic looks like a bug to me if you screenshot it with F6 it takes the level data and you can submit it in a bug report to support.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

Sometimes the gates will be closed (requiring you to step on the pad in front of it to open), they'll block off where you're looking on the second screenshot.

When you step on the pad, the wall at the back will open and be lowered slowly, requiring you to race over the ice to get there to be able to get to the crates. There in that room will also be a pad to step on to prevent the wall from going down completely.

15 minutes ago, DjParagon said:

Hey guys !

pQFjedc.jpg

nz0fk3O.jpg

This one, same Tower I

KDmRiPH.jpg

HJTvVGk.jpg

hnhPKs3.jpg

2Y9fPlJ.jpg

UtmRvWt.jpg

Thanks in advance !

pQFjedc.jpg This most likely seems to be another room. you might have missed a door somewhere to get into it.

KDmRiPH.jpg same as above.

hnhPKs3.jpg2Y9fPlJ.jpg in the room with the second image, there will be two instances of this. there is a large circular pad on either side. if the gate is completely closed (looks like a giant X blocking the path) stepping on the circular pad will have the wall on the opposite side begin to open, you must race to get to the other side and press another button to have it stay opened while dodging lasers. If the gate is open to  where you can get through without the need of pressing the button, then the wall won't open. but if you have an explosive with enough range and a carrier, you could blow up the containers and have carrier collect the items dropped.

UtmRvWt.jpg this one is just the map acting up. you can occasionally see parts of the map spawning or clipping into rooms they don't belong. nothing special about them

Edited by LordOfScrugging

You see the crates but not the rooms in the minimap. There are rooms that have those boxes.

The picture where 1 crate is behind the wall can only be accessed if the plate on the other side of the room can be pressed, once you press it you have a few seconds to enter that room. If the door closes with you inside, you can open it, if you are still outside then you missed your chance. The plate sometimes can't be pressed.

The last picture is simply a room bellow intercepting the room you are in.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

the L shape of containers is a specific treasure room, you just did not find it.

long hall with the  2 death orbs is a mini puzzle that is completely random.

as for the clipping tiles in the UI, that is a bug that can happen with the map. i have had upwards of 6 of the same maps layered on top of each other with that bug.

pretty common thing with loot radar to see containers REALLY far out of range and just have to explore to find them, but if they ware not found at all that is a whole different bug of ghost tiles/inaccessible tiles.

Oh some decoration models can go through the floor ? That's... interesting he he

About the secret crates, well I thought I looked everywhere in the map but I may have missed something, I usually look for any secrets before leaving.

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys, greatly appreciated, I really love the secrets in the Void, it's a blast to find these ! ^^