Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smooth Movement Ruined Completely ( Update Rant)

ZWarhammer

This patch completely ruined the smooth flow of movement this game had.

This so called change was clearly implemented because of little ( insert f word) demanding that everyone shares their play style of space turtles .

WE are supposed to be space ninjas ! this is the only thing this takes away from!

This won't stop me from rushing at ALL! in fact to boycott this change that's the only thing i'm gonna do now.

Thanks for the toggle sprint button that helps me with the rushing a lot!

This whole change did not effect rushers at ALL. What it does do is take more fun outta the game.

If this is how whiny complainers get their point across to you DE and ruin our game that's exactly what i'm gonna do from now on.

I'm starting a petition to reverse all the changes to movement and stop experimenting till you actually figure out a way to promote both play styles without shoving down a specific play style in our throat!.

I myself am not a rusher, 90 % of the time i will run off track to kill a few enemies and loot a few chests but does that mean that players who decided to skip that should be penalized ? NO! they might already have the stuff i'm farming for so they are not obliged to do the same.

I'm not gonna go around looking for every locker on the map because i know that redoing the mission and popping a few chests on the way will grant better results.

We are not bodyguards to so called explorers who try to loot every single corner on the map if they wanna do that they can play solo or with friends.

So i ask fellow Tenno who want to keep this space ninja game the way it's supposed to be and not turn us into space turtles! to boycott this change by rushing every mission just to show DE how badly they messed this up!

I love this game and it pains me to see it ruined by people who want EVERYTHING to be their way.

Edited to be more welcoming for people who can't stand rude language as asked by the community moderator.

Edited by ZWarhammer

What in the blue hell are you on about?

The powerslide cooldown I think? I honestly have no idea, it seems more like a rant about "whiny little kids" than anything.

I should add that I agree though - it has definitely made movement feel a lot more 'jerky' and slow. Not a good fix IMO, doesn't really address the problem (assuming the problem to be addressed was rushing).

I'm not against fixing the use of slide attacks to get around everywhere (I think it looks pretty stupid too) but I don't think this was really the way to go about it (at the very least, it needs some tweaking).

Edited by Segolia

What in the blue hell are you on about?

This:

Hotfix 8.1.0.1:

- Slide cooldown added between movements.

Although I personally haven't noticed any changes, I disagree with adding a cooldown to slide and further restricting out movement. It's alright to restrict users in some cases but this kinda fix is just wrong IMO.

If that's what you want to call all of the developers who openly expressed that the "mechanic" looked ridiculous and was not intended...

I am not addressing the Devs i'm addressing all the complainers who kept reposting their threads about "stopping rushers" with their stupid ideas.

I understand it's a little harsh tongued but i can't help but express the anger this patch cause me.

If that's what you want to call all of the developers who openly expressed that the "mechanic" looked ridiculous and was not intended...

Link please?  I only remember them saying that about wave dashing.

As far as I'm concerned, powerslide was a bad way of recharging your stamina anyway.

Jump kicks still can be done in succession and offer faster movement than power slides.

The horse needs its rest, leave him be.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I don't know what exactly the "exploit" was.. when i wanted to rush i just slide-jumped-slide-jumped-slide.. and i can still do it just fine. Haven't noticed anything different at all.

Read the latest patch Notes then test it out in game.

Looking like a ninja =/= sliding across the ground 24/7 like a disco junkie

The difference is not doing slides 24/7 it's being able to do that if you want.

Space ninjas are not gonna restrict themselves of movement just because it may look not ninja enough to some people and of course "you must share my play style" complainers

Edited by ZWarhammer

It breaks my immersion to be forced to slide across everything in order to keep up with other people sliding.

"Someone is better at something than me, please nerf him"

Okay? By that logic I should ask to remove weapons because I can't shoot them, right?

Sliding being faster than running on a level plane was a ridiculous thing to watch anyway. The cooldown between slides isn't so obstructive that you can't still use it when you need to, unless you're just looking to abuse it to move faster.

"Someone is better at something than me, please nerf him"

Okay? By that logic I should ask to remove weapons because I can't shoot them, right?

I was fully capable of looking like a goddamn fool sliding across the floor all the time.

That doesn't mean I liked it.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

Read the latest patch Notes then test it out in game.

Test what? Apparently i have no idea what powerslide is. I play with a close knit group of friends who didn't rushed anyway, when i'm not playing solo. I never go PUG so i musn't know what that powerslide thingamagig was.

It breaks my immersion to be forced to slide across everything in order to keep up with other people sliding.

Oh my really ? and why should we care about your immersion this is't your game. Stop wanting everything to be YOUR way and grow the f up.

The world is not gonna change to adopt to stuff you want YOUR way that's how some kids are raised they want everything their way.

Oh my really ? and why should we care about your immersion this is't your game. Stop wanting everything to be YOUR way and grow the f up.

The world is not gonna change to adopt to stuff you want YOUR way that's how some kids are raised they want everything their way.

Looking =/= immersion.

It's breaking my immersion of being a ninja if I can't utilize my above average skill at games and instead I'm being forced to just shift+W.

Then I guess we can invalidate his complaints for immersion as well, as he was the intended target of my reply, not you.

Wait, you mean this:

Uh... that looks silly. I understand you're mad, but sorry.. i don't see they backtracking on this one. Try rolling instead. That's an exploit with slow frames (Frost and Rhino) that i reported a long time ago and they still haven't fixed. So there's that.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

Sliding being faster than running on a level plane was a ridiculous thing to watch anyway. The cooldown between slides isn't so obstructive that you can't still use it when you need to, unless you're just looking to abuse it to move faster.

I was fully capable of looking like a goddamn fool sliding across the floor all the time.

That doesn't mean I liked it.

"Stop liking what I don't like"

Opinions, get over them. I dislike slugs like you. Do I whine about them and ask them to get nerfed by swarm of stalkers if you can't keep up? No. Because I'm not a whiny kid who understands that people prefer different gameplay.

This patch completely ruined the smooth flow of movement this game had.

This so called change was clearly implemented because of little twats demanding that everyone shares their play style of space turtles .

WE are supposed to be space ninjas ! this is the only thing this takes away from!

This won't stop me from rushing at ALL! in fact to boycott this change that's the only thing i'm gonna do now.

Thanks for the toggle sprint button that helps me with the rushing a lot!

This whole change did not effect rushers at ALL. What it does do is take more fun outta the game.

If this is how whiny complainers get their point across to you DE and ruin our game that's exactly what i'm gonna do from now on.

I'm starting a petition to reverse all the stupid changes to movement and stop experimenting till you actually figure out a way to promote both play styles without shoving down a specific play style in our throat!.

I myself am not a rusher, 90 % of the time i will run off track to kill a few enemies and loot a few chests but does that mean that players who decided to skip that should be penalized ? NO! they might already have the stuff i'm farming for so they are not obliged to do the same.

I'm not gonna go around looking for every locker on the map because i know that redoing the mission and popping a few chests on the way will grant better results.

We are not bodyguards to so called explorers who try to loot every single corner on the map if they wanna do that they can play solo or with friends.

So i ask fellow Tenno who want to keep this space ninja game the way it's supposed to be and not turn us into space turtles! to boycott this change by rushing every mission just to show DE how badly they screwed this up!

I love this game and it pains me to see it ruined by people who want EVERYTHING to be their way.

Um... your tears are delicious?

The irony of this post is hilarious.