The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

From 200 - 300 fps onliset, and 180 - 200 fps on 40 mins furvival to 30 fps

haze777

Thats how it is, From 200 - 300 fps on liset, and 180 - 200 fps on 40 mins furvival to 30 - 10 fps while shooting my gun with no hostiles on void.  ( Unplayable on my end). What happened? never ever have I faced issues with this game, till today. ( and I was playing hardcore yesterday) No update or changes that I know off, and other games are playing well ( I am running other titles on max settings with 50 fps + like blade n soul ( with 30 - 50 people) .And even playing on low settings on warframe ( switching to check if its cpu failing on me ) I get 20 - 30 fps on low settings. Guess ill take a break till this is fixed

Disabled Ambient oclusion,glare, nvidea fx, run time tesallions, local reflections ,high dynamic range and adaptive exposure. Now m sitting at 150,  and 90 fps during combat, its playable now, but still, something is off.     Settings of pc. Intel i5,  Nvidea 960 geforce. , Gigabyte board Ultra Durable, 8gb ram PnY,  Corsair 960 TX PSU. , running on windows 8 , No steam., checked my temperatures, nothing is overheating, so there is no heat issues.. I also noticed that, wen i press Alt + tab and switch to any other screen and return the fps return to 200 +, but its only for a while, like 5 mins of gameplay till I have to alt tap twice to get my fps O  .  O

140 fps on this side ( no hostiles).( with disabled stuff)

J1jwGL5.jpg

230+ fps on this side of the map, no hostiles ,(With disabled stuff )

DdArpwT.jpg

Edited by haze777

You should focus on the 30-10 fps drops over the really high fluctuations.

11 hours ago, haze777 said:

140 fps on this side ( no hostiles).( with disabled stuff)

J1jwGL5.jpg

230+ fps on this side of the map, no hostiles ,(With disabled stuff )

DdArpwT.jpg

This fluctuation is normal. The scene complexity of both images has changed. The first picture is a more complex scene to render - more polygons, texture maps, draw calls etc.
The second one, you're essentially looking at a wall - The opposite of what's happening in the first is happening in the second; ie less complexity.

5 hours ago, haze777 said:

there is definitively something wrong I get more fps in the void, than in mercury*.*

Dx7t5ID.jpg

This was me , Before this on mercury ( something happened , fps dramatically impacted)

GkT4UFY.jpg

Resolution isn't the same in either image. The resolution of the game has quite an effect on performance, especially in the GTX 960's case (is it a 2GB card, or 4GB card?). The 960 should be able to produce 1080p60 decently.

Performance dropping off over time is kinda normal. However, you should provide more info on those 30-10 fps issues.

Lastly, i have a 970. I lock my frame-rate to 70. I see no point in burning up the card for the sake of metrics. With a 960, i'd be surprised if you had a 120Hz screen, but even then you're still burning past 120fps.
Any framerate above your monitors refresh rate is wasted energy. Your screen will only display a single frame every time it refreshes rendering the 200+ extra frames redundant.

Thanks for your reply and time, Noted ur tips, always though game would perform better if I had infinite more fps, good to learn more, I locked at 72, my monitor its not that great xd, the 30 - 10 fps issue is random, happens randomly, sometimes even on the liset when walking around the building area and some areas of the game, ( spots on maps, fps suddenly plumet) ill try to update if I manage to find more stuff or improve anything. I was wondering , if buying a new card titan would make it run better , or better yet, is it worth it ?

Because my system is already barely holding on to 60 fps, I notice fluctuation a lot, but quite a few times it feels like bugs in the code that make you lose frames.

There's a corridor in the void that does this for no reason, and it's a very specific corridor in a very specific tile (which on the opposite end has another identical corridor that has no issues at all).

I also notice that in the Ceres interception tile (Draco for example) the part in the middle of the tile around those 2 big vents also make frames drop significantly, though it's hard to spot if it's the actual vents (which have smoke effects) or something around it, but you will notice that there can be a huge mess in the background but as long as that part goes off screen you get a huge boost in the frames, and it's hard to say it's something visual because you can have tons of effects going on but just that part of the map makes you lose frames for no apparent reason  (if it was just the smoke you would lose 10 times more on that sewer like corridor with the steam vents in Ceres, which you won't drop THAT much).

The liset is a curious case. I lose around 10 frames when looking down the ramp from the ship, but I don't lose any frames from looking from the bottom. However, I lose frames once the corners of the ship interior (where the radio thing is and the other side) show up on screen as I walk up, and going to the corners makes me lose frames, which is kinda silly because it's just a corner without that many effects, and even looking at the market console which mine has 9 noggles on it only makes me lose 3 frames, not 10, and I lose no frames if I rotate the camera slightly away from the Market and towards the front of the ship until there's around half of the market console visible, and if I did lose frames, I would understand, there's multiple consoles and overlays from them, but nope, everything is just fine.

I tend to run into this small things a lot, which over time they start getting annoying because it's hard to spot what's the problem and what is really causing it as visually, many times, it doesn't look that graphics intensive at all.

I also notice that tile sets that are naturally darker makes you lose frames rather easily, which is even worse when Adaptive exposure and high dynamic range makes the game lose a lot of brightness which makes it really hard to play on many tile sets.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl