The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive Projection Effectiveness

(PSN)Clockwork-Crow

Question

11 answers to this question

When fighting armored Corrosive Projection is always the best solution. Even more if you have Zenuric focus/Trinity to take care of energy supply issues.
If you plan on fighting lvl 100+ enemies envisage adding a high status chance corrosive weapon to your arsenal or else you're gonna have a hard time fighting heavy gunners and the like.

Between CP and corrosive weapons which is better ? CP, without hesitation, because you don't need to soften the meat by procing corrosive every time you have to kill an armored enemy. For high level corrosive weapons are a fine addition if you can't gather 4 CP (or 3CP+Coaction), but they are no enough alone.

Both is probably best. Armor scaling in this game really needs a rework. Some units start with 500 base armor. At level 100 you are looking at armor values of multiple thousands for heavy units. Those values are so insanely high that even taking 50% of that armor away with 2 CP auras still does not change much. An insanely high value - 50% is still an insanely high value.

14 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Both is probably best. Armor scaling in this game really needs a rework. Some units start with 500 base armor. At level 100 you are looking at armor values of multiple thousands for heavy units. Those values are so insanely high that even taking 50% of that armor away with 2 CP auras still does not change much. An insanely high value - 50% is still an insanely high value.

From what I understand of what he has said above, basically you get a set amount of corrosive damage with the element itself, yet according to the wikia (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Corrosive_Damage) the corrosive element can be stacked with proc chance (weapon status chance) multiple times, but each proc chance affecting a target will reduce the remaining armor after the initial reduction by 25%.

Honestly in my perspective its probably best to use a mixture of both corrosive status chance and corrosive projection aura (bit confusing in the armor calculations) for either infested or Grineer as the 30% CP aura will stack up, just remember the cap for armor reduction is set at 100%.

Between the option of only having one or the other though? I'd go with CP aura mod, it will reduce armor as a cumulative percentile for two people being 60% of total armor instead of 25% of armor, then recalculating another 25% of the remaining armor, plus you dont need to strike the target more than once just to get the corrosive effect to take place.

Neofaucheur got it spot on.

CP is gonna grant you more damage (against higher levels) than you could get from other auras.
There's next to no reason not to take it if it fits in your build. If you had a third, and all running with CDrift then you'd get >100% and someone could bring a random Aura(ES or any Dmg+).

This also enables you to use more useful damagetypes: Those against flesh.

Question;  If i were to run Corrosive Element on Valkyr, which combination would be better for Hysteria?

Virulent Scourge (60% Toxin, +60% status chance)+Voltaic Strike (60% Electricity, +60% Status chance)

or

Fever Strike(+90% Toxin) +Shocking Touch (+90% Electricity)

Edited by .Omoikane.
Clarification

I had this very question a few days ago after formaing a number of my frames to fit a corrosive projection on and thinking perhaps I wasted them. 

In short: While other auras do give you damage buffs to specialized portions of your loadout, against armored enemies corrosive projection is like a universal buff to increase your damage output across the spectrum. With more than one person equipping it, the aura is all the more potent. 

My advice is to try both and see what works for you personally, but my personal perspective has been that Corrosive Projection makes my builds function more reliably and that's my own mileage. There are a number of ways to achieve the same result based on your build and Warframe so just go with whatever provides you with the results you prefer.

That being said: Yes, enemy armor needs a rework. There is no strategy to gitgude against Sortie levels of damage resistances- there are only work-arounds and Corrosive Projection is but one of them x_x.

20 hours ago, (PS4)Clockwork-Crow said:

I tend to duo a lot of content with my girlfriend. We want to be efficient while taking our frames later into endless missions. My question to those who know better: CP x2 w/ Coaction Drift or gitgud and just use Corrosive element?

Thanks in advance!

If you Can, Try to use both. The more power the better when doing end game.

Also, Try and build a Frost, if you are currently in possession of one, towards Armor Stripping as well. Enemies while frozen in Avalanche Armor is reduced depending on how much power Strength you currently possess on your Frost Build. When built properly, Avalanche can completely strip an enemy of all its armor, leaving nothing but the health for a set duration of time. With properly modded weapons, you can kill a LvL 105 bombard with an un-forma'd V. Hek in 2 shots.

But dont Take my word for it. Try and Experiment a little more. That's the fun about it.

Good Luck Tenno!!!

I think the best option, short of using CP to eliminate armor, is using armor-stripping powers (or attacks that ignore armor). Note that Nullifiers do not receive Healer Ancient buffs, and do not have armor.

Using the correct elemental combo is always optimal. Using a high-status weapon to kill is… generally not.

Another option, if you like melee, is to go with Shattering Impact. Shattering Impact will strip armor in a set number of hits for any enemy, and Berserker builds make that number quite achievable.

I'm just gonna leave my Abating Link Trin build here: 

Spoiler

n73kD.jpg

14 hours ago, (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco said:

In short: While other auras do give you damage buffs to specialized portions of your loadout, against armored enemies corrosive projection is like a universal buff to increase your damage output across the spectrum. With more than one person equipping it, the aura is all the more potent. 

CP is great for certain types of units/factions, but less effective on others.  damage buffs or energy siphon are more generally useful.

that said, if you're fighting units/factions that CP is effective with, it's a great thing to use.

Given your particular situation, two CP with Coaction would provide ~78% armor reduction. This amount would generally enough for most missions, unless you're planning on running over an hour into survival or high waves of defense, specifically against Grineer or the Corrupted. Up to that point, it should remain enough to allow you to quickly dispatch heavy units.

The Corrosive element, however is less immediate and less reliable for that particular situation. If you need high level of armor reduction, Since it reduces enemy armor by 25% of it's current value, not maximum. To get the same value that CP would provide, you'd have to proc it several times, and each proc has diminishing returns as well.  If used with a High Status Chance, High Rate of Fire Weapon, it'd have a much quicker impact.

So to summarize this, CP has a much more noticeable and immediate effect, but with a properly set up weapon, Corrosive procs could drain armor just as fast. It's up to you if one of your duo wishes to set up and carry a weapon to suit this need, or just run CP for the ease. If you do still run corrosive on a weapon, it won't need a high proc chance, but could still be useful for further reductions.

Coaction CP = Immediate effect

Corrosive Procs = Less Immediate, but still very useful if you set up a weapon specifically to proc it.

On 2/24/2016 at 3:26 AM, ----Fenrir---- said:

radiation is helpful at those levels... let the units kill each other 

(too bad there's no radiation aura :)))

Edited by DeadlyPeanutt
more info