Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fire Emblem Fates sells five times as many copies as Awakening at launch

Vargras

Nintendo reported in not long ago that Fire Emblem Fates has sold far more in its opening weekend than Awakening ever did, by a factor of 5. More than 300,000 copies were sold in the first three days, across all three versions (Birthright, Conquest, and the Collector's Edition). Of the three versions, Birthright was the top seller.

Given that the franchise used to be on the ropes, and Awakening was due to be the last one, it's good to see it make a comeback like this.

27 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

Let's be real.

Fates has some very good plot.

Hide contents

Easiest the biggest set of breasts in the entire series of Fire Emblem belong to Camilla.
Not even Aversa could compare. 

Fun fact: Kagero was originally designed to be Camilla's Hoshido counterpart. You can kinda tell why once you see her in-game.

5 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

I'm cautious about the game. People are talking a lot about the whole relationship system, and I just don't care. Enough talk and making babies, bring me the battlefield.

From what I've heard, Conquest is designed like old-school fire emblem with brutal difficulty and less focus on relationships, whereas Birthright is more about, as you put it, "talk and making babies".

You'd probably enjoy Conquest just fine if you're a fan of older FE games.

5 minutes ago, Hortonman said:

From what I've heard, Conquest is designed like old-school fire emblem with brutal difficulty and less focus on relationships, whereas Birthright is more about, as you put it, "talk and making babies".

You'd probably enjoy Conquest just fine if you're a fan of older FE games.

It was practically half of the game in awakening; pair two people, have baby, child gets teleported through time, now you have an epic general.

I didn't realize that the two were that different. I thought it was just the faction that changed.

39 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Nice to hear...

Still am really annoyed at the localization

The localization isn't all that bad (and for some characters, it's actually improved). The face-petting thing still exists, but it's limited to your spouse.

40 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

It was practically half of the game in awakening; pair two people, have baby, child gets teleported through time, now you have an epic general.

I didn't realize that the two were that different. I thought it was just the faction that changed.

The child units are still fairly strong, though this time around, they tend to end up with about the same stats as their parents by the time you recruit them. Pairing up units is also different this time around -- in Awakening, units that were paired up could both fight and defend. In Fates, paired up units can only defend one another (and may only do so once a guard bar is filled). If you want dual attacks, you instead need two units in adjacent spaces.

It's not nearly as broken as it was in Awakening.

Just now, TheErebus. said:

I don't wanna cherry pick, but the ones I've seen are terribad.

My only beef is that some games have their main character's names changed due to a certain company that specializes in messing up localization.

For example, I cringe whenever I see english ports of Yugioh games.