The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support Frames

RajinCrow

Question

This is a two part question and not related actually but i didnt want to spam and make two threads so ill just mash them up together.

First Question:-

i was wondering about the support type warframes ( other than trinity ofc) , i want to know what support frames can be used for general purposes ( as in going in a mission and not being prepared) and that can greatly benefit the team as a whole whether it be buffs or any other type of CC/Tanking they provide.

Second Question:-

what frame would you think would look close to a corpus or perrin sequence mobs if dressed with the proper outfits? 

7 answers to this question

Excluding Ash and Limbo, almost all frames have some form of support which is very useful, those two frames have limited capacity due to Ash's Smokescreen's poor duration, and Limbo locks people out of gunplay and melee when in the rift unless enemies are also placed there. Mag has CC and can replenish shields, Rhino has Stomp and Roar, Valkyr is near-invulnerable and has Warcry, Volt has Speed and Electric shield, Oberon has Hallowed Ground, Reckoning and Renewal, Equinox can heal and outright boost power strength of teammates, Mirage has an Eclipse augment that buffs the entire team, Nekros has Desecrate, Terrify and Shadows of the Dead (which provides more targets to enemies), I could go down the entire list, but it basically comes down to your build, your playstyle preference and what you're trying to do. Some frames are better at certain things than others.

15 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Excluding Ash and Limbo, almost all frames have some form of support which is very useful, those two frames have limited capacity due to Ash's Smokescreen's poor duration, and Limbo locks people out of gunplay and melee when in the rift unless enemies are also placed there. Mag has CC and can replenish shields, Rhino has Stomp and Roar, Valkyr is near-invulnerable and has Warcry, Volt has Speed and Electric shield, Oberon has Hallowed Ground, Reckoning and Renewal, Equinox can heal and outright boost power strength of teammates, Mirage has an Eclipse augment that buffs the entire team, Nekros has Desecrate, Terrify and Shadows of the Dead (which provides more targets to enemies), I could go down the entire list, but it basically comes down to your build, your playstyle preference and what you're trying to do. Some frames are better at certain things than others.

this is quite true except the ash and limbo thing, IMO they are just a little different in there uses and sometimes requires the augments. ash can use his augments to make other players invisible (quite useful on an excal using exalted blade or a valkyr in hysteria) also good for revives as the players is invis while the standing up animation plays and for a time after so they can get out of whatever mess they where in. another of ash's augments reduces enemy armor which can be useful against heavy grineer units. 

limbo if used properly can help regen energy or heal with one of his augments, and he can revive downed players like few others , and his ult can be used as area control to damage units before they get to the tenno if placed in choke points etc.

as to the OP's question oberon is well rounded for dropping into anything while he does not necessarily excel  at any one thing he is well rounded enough he can fill most roles in a squad to some degree or another, damage,CC,healing etc.

- Banshee's Sonar showing enemies on everybody's radar and generating weak points can be helpful in a lot of missions.

- Equinox's sleep, healing and power strength options are nice and you can go different ways in different missions with the same setup.

- Ivara's theft can help getting additional drop chances on rares if your squad knows to leave the kill until after you steal.  Ripline and the invisibility bubble can be nice with fast aiming too but are more situational.

- Loki's Radial Disarm turns annoying deadly-at-range gun-wielding enemies into easy-to-manage melee units.

- Nova's Molecular Prime (with positive power strength) can turn scary enemies into easy squishy targets for the whole team.  Also Wormhole is nice for the long straight maps.

- Oberon's ability to confuse and blind isn't as good as Nyx/Excal/Mirage, but radiation damage combined with healing means he can work a few types of situations.

Chroma, while it seems like he'd be nice for it, his buffs are way too short-ranged.
Nekros' Desecrate for health/ammo is situational.
Limbo's Banish prevents the player from doing too many things.
Nezha's healing has too small of a range.

Edited by Rydian
Guess size tags don't work.

i have tried Oberon before when he was released but i never actually liked him, i found him lacking in so much areas.

So far i think Equinox ,Nekros and Banshee might fit this bill, but what i meant is a frame that would plainly support others if needed , like if i am going for LoR or any other type of missions these support warframes can do a good job; basically a warframe that fits any mission regardless of its type, and looks cool too ( perrin style).

for example frost would do great in defense but he wouldnt do so in something like capture or exterminate.

Edited by RajinCrow

If you want to greatly benefit your team, besides trin, get a nova. No matter what mission, everyone loves to have a nova in their team. May it be to speed up the enemies to make waves go faster or slow enemies down to ease the fight or just teleport though the map. I think nova is one of the best supporters. 

Another support would be Nekros. Sooo handy during survival. Both to desecrate for extra lifesupport amd to be able to instant revive team mates (with augment) 

If it comes to the Warframe that looks the closest to corpus, I reckon it would be Valkyr, cuz well, she was almost corpus made :P