The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very slow loading into levels

Blaaaaaaaaaargh

Question

So for about a month now the game is taking forever to load into a mission.

I hear the game sounds, the other players shooting things , being attacked and whatnot. Then finally I'm there and I've lost 1/2 my hp and my sentinel is nearly dead.

• I tried the steam game files checker thinger.
  • I did the optimize on the launcher
  • I tried Dx10/11 (why is it even possible to select both at the same time?)

My system specs:

• Core i7 2600k
  • Geforce GTX 970
  • SSD: Sandisk ultra 2 960Gb
  • 8gb of Ram
  • bla bla its damn fast its watercooled and its always run the game super fast.

Anyone else had a similar issue, suggestions/questions?

16 answers to this question

Have you tried testing your Internet connection? See if you can do a simple pinging test with your cmd. Warframe needs a stable connection to load. If your requests fail to connect it will take longer to load.

Seeing that your pc is of good quality, I doubt the issue is at your pc and putting it in windowed mode might not work at all. 

I bet its your Internet connection, may it be your router or your isp.

Okay, well since it isnt your internet and it aren't the severs as youre the only one with this issue, it should either be your computer or your Warframe game. 

Did you try setting Warframe as you'd highest priority already for Internet connection? 

How do other programs run (both with Internet and without internet)? Are they up to perfect speed or are they very slow? 

Ingame, do you experience this issue also when playing solo or is it only related to multiplayer? 

(If it's only multiplayer related it could be you connect many times to bad hosts)

I'm starting to suspect its a bad host or some kind of matchmaking issue.

I have no issues once the level is loaded and I can start to control my character. I never play solo but I'll do some tests tomorrow to see if the loading screens are faster solo (I think they are normal/fast but I cant remember now)

I have a ton of stuff running and browsers open yes but nothing is using a lot of bandwidth and once again no issues after the load is complete. The real thing is the game isn't even trying to load, the hdd LED on my computer is completely off while the loading bar just sits there not moving. I'll grab a screenshot next time of the windows 10 performance monitor thing that gives a nice overview of resources.

The game literally just sits there doing nothing, I can press T and chat(even though I cant see it) and when the load screen finally dissapears I'm in game and my chat is already there. In fact I've been in the game at that point for quite some time, the other players will often notice me just standing there and sometimes they'll wait nearby and keep me safe till I can move (thanks dudes you rock). So the game does load normally/fast(I think) but the loading screen doesn't go away, I keep just staring at ordis flying and flying when I could already be playing the game.

If you play a lot with the same people and you;re not hosting, it could just very well be that your friend's upload speed is just too slow and he's a bad host.

Or you're juext extremely unlucky and keep on meeting with bad hosts by accident.

Try out the solo mode and if that works just fine, I think we found the problem.

If that doesnt appear to be the case, try contacting support.warframe.com and explain your issue

Your speed seems decent and on paper your PC setup should not give you any trouble. Here is what I would do:

1. Bring a second PC (notebook or friends PC) with a fresh Warframe installation to your local network and test it
  2. If it runs smoothly something is off with your PC setup otherwise with your network setup has problems

PC setup problems I could think of:

• Antivirus / Firewall settings
  • Defect ethernet/lan port can lead to hickups (get a backup ethernet port)
  • Ethernet/lan cable problem (try new cable)
  • look for background processes that eat up CPU / Ram 
  • test run other games that need stable internet (CS:GO, Dirty Bomb) 

Network problems I could think of:

• worst case: faulty router with occasional hickups (get a backup router)
  • other ppl in your household eating up bandwith (torrents, downloads, streaming)
  • someone else using your wifi (neighbours), check your stats
  • if you are using wifi something could interrupt your connection

Sorry for not giving you any specifics. You have to investigate step by step.

I have the exact same problem as you.

Would you by any chance be using Windows 10. I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 and have the same problem as you since then. I'm thinking of reverting back to windows 7 which kinda sucks since I actually like windows 10.

If you manage to fix it I'd really appreciate if you could share how you did it. 

Edit: It seems it might be hot fix related 

Thing is I didn't have this problem before moving to windows 10 and only did so 3 days ago. This thread is dated February 10. So i figure for me windows 10 is probably the culprit.

Edited by feisters
added details

58 minutes ago, feisters said:

I have the exact same problem as you.

Would you by any chance be using Windows 10. I upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 and have the same problem as you since then. I'm thinking of reverting back to windows 7 which kinda sucks since I actually like windows 10.

If you manage to fix it I'd really appreciate if you could share how you did it. 

Edit: It seems it might be hot fix related 

Thing is I didn't have this problem before moving to windows 10 and only did so 3 days ago. This thread is dated February 10. So i figure for me windows 10 is probably the culprit.

Windows 10 has yet to be supported by Warframe as far as I know. Don't expect it to run as optimised as it can. 

I personally wouldn't have upgraded to 10 as youre just making yourself unable to play many games. Maybe you should try to run a simulator for the time being with win 7

I've been using windows 10 since November 2015 when it launched and had no issues with warframe until just a few weeks ago. Also it's not my computer or system since my solo games load nearly instantly.

There is something weird with the multiplayer stuffs going on, maybe because of windows 10 but I wouldn't know.

Currently playing on windows 10 started having the same issues as you about a month ago. I am not sure if its Win 10 issue though, my friend has Win 10 as well and far worse computer and internet.......still gets in much much faster.

The loading times are insane. By the time i am fully loaded 75% of enemies on exterminate are dead already or a capture mission has nearly been finished.....

No idea what it might be, tried Re-installing WF/steam, neither one helped

Usually, the incredibly long loading times is a connection issue to host.

It may be harder to find a group, but try setting you maximum ping setting to within the 100-200 range. This should get you host that are closer to you and hopefully help you load faster.

I also run Windows 10, and have tried to fix this before running with some clannies in a different country (NA -> EU). Every time my friend would end up host, I'd load slow and vice versa.

Since the game uses Peer-to-Peer connections, small issues like this can pop up. Getting a host that's closer to you can certainly help as well.

I've been having similar issues.. I'm not taking damage and what not but the game often takes so long to load that your average capture mission is already half done with the target already captured when I'm finally loaded in.

Not using Windows 10, decent rig... just a pretty meh CPU

Edited by AXCrusnik

Yeah it seems to be a more complex problem, for me though it was night and day as soon as I put windows 7 back in. I played all night yesterday and didn't have a single issue all night.

Hope DE looks into it.

Edited by feisters