The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rewards Between Different Tenno

Basqui

Question

Suppose you are joined by a tenno who has gotten all of the non-repeatable rewards of the sortie, and you still haven't gotten any non-repeatable reward yet. Are you going to be forced to get a repeatable reward at the end of the sortie?

In another situation similar above, you are joined by a tenno who already got a specific lens, say an unairu lens. Are the chances of you getting an unairu lens at the end of the sortie reduced to 0%?

I came up with these questions because before the non-repeatable rewards changes in the sortie, me and my friend always got the same reward at the end of a sortie, but i haven't got the chance to test it with the new one.

Please enlighten me, and also please give me the hotfix where this was discussed (if available). 

Thanks!

15 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, NotWhoItSeems said:

from my experience, no, the entire team rolls for a reward, if it's a non-repeatable one, anyone that already got it will reroll (mostly for cores), seems like a singal reroll for the group

So does that mean, along with Grobbus' lazy post to another question similar to mine (shame on me), that i better do the last sortie mission solo for me to have a better chance at the non repeatable rewards?

16 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

If the reward is something you already got, you will get 25/50 r5 cores instead.

but what if the reward is something i didnt get yet, but my friend who is also in the same squad already got it, do I get 25/50 R5 cores too?

6 minutes ago, Basqui said:

So does that mean, along with Grobbus' lazy post to another question similar to mine (shame on me), that i better do the last sortie mission solo for me to have a better chance at the non repeatable rewards?

it doesnt seems to matter, the group can roll the same non repeatable reward, aslong as you didnt got it checked off, you would get it rather then rerolling, while anyone in the group that already have the reward checked off will reroll.

also I tend to solo the entire thing every now and then and still get repeatable rewards when doing so, hope this help

Edited by NotWhoItSeems

1 minute ago, Basqui said:

but what if the reward is something i didnt get yet, but my friend who is also in the same squad already got it, do I get 25/50 R5 cores too?

no you wont because you didnt get it but your friend do so he gets the cores.

so in other words the rewards may differ if you have the item already or not

7 minutes ago, Basqui said:

Lazy post? Well okay.
I did replied there and I don't feel like just quoting my post here,because there's other people that answered this very same question.

3 minutes ago, NotWhoItSeems said:

it doesnt seems to matter, the group can roll the same non repeatable reward, aslong as you didnt got it checked off, you would get it rather then rerolling, while anyone in the group that already have the reward checked off will reroll

1 minute ago, jopos15 said:

no you wont because you didnt get it but your friend do so he gets the cores.

so in other words the rewards may differ if you have the item already or not

Oh, all right. Thanks for the clarifications. I always got 25 R5 FC rewards for the past few days, so i started questioning the system. Maybe those rewards just love me. XD

2 minutes ago, Grobbus said:

Lazy post? Well okay.
I did replied there and I don't feel like just quoting my post here,because there's other people that answered this very same question.

Like i said, shame on me, and I checked your answer in the different post, saying about having premade squads for it. It doesn't seem to agree with the other answers here. I'm sorry.

4 minutes ago, Basqui said:

Like i said, shame on me, and I checked your answer in the different post, saying about having premade squads for it. It doesn't seem to agree with the other answers here. I'm sorry.

You clearly didn't read what I said.
Everyone here said that it rolls for an item and if nobody had received it, you got it already(or anyone else in the squad) it rolls for another item and the second roll rewards mostly cores(or let's say repeatable rewards) which is pretty much what I said in the other thread, as for the premades I said that it's better to go with a premade (if you can't solo) that haven't yet received the items you need for a better chance at getting the missing parts.

11 minutes ago, Basqui said:

Oh, all right. Thanks for the clarifications. I always got 25 R5 FC rewards for the past few days, so i started questioning the system. Maybe those rewards just love me. XD

remember that the last few days were the end of the season (just reset 2 days ago), so you were more then likely to have alot of things checked off, hence a high chance of rerolling for cores

Sigh, why don't people read the patch notes

Sortie Changes

• Season 4 is here - but why the long wait, you ask? Read on to find out!
  • We've categorized Sortie Rewards in two: repeatable and non-repeatable. The world state window now displays these two categories.
  • Non-repeatable Sortie Rewards have a check box in-front of them. Once you receive that reward, the box is checked off, ensuring you won't receive it again in the currently active Season.
  • When a non-repeatable reward is removed from the list, it's reward spot is substituted by a 25 x Rare 5 or 50 x Rare 5 Core bundle.
  • Repeatable rewards can be received multiple times, as the name implies.
  • Please note that repeatable and non-repeatable assignments could change depending on feedback and more. For example, while many players are frustrated with getting repeat Lenses, some recipes rely on duplicate Lenses to craft. We will be watching and reading over the next while to assess.

Note bullet points 3 and 4. If the group you are in rolls a non repeatable reward and you have it already, it gives you cores instead. 

Do PC people actually like this current system better than the old one?  To me it seems like it makes it harder to get a specific non-repeatable if your RNG isn't good because trade chat won't be flooded with them.  I never got all the pieces for the Dera, the Karak, or Nezha as rewards, instead I traded duplicate parts for the ones I needed.

And then there are lenses, which I want in mass quantities.  One per season of each type sounds terrible for me.  Cores are great and all but I get plenty of those doing non-sortie missions.

When I first heard they were going to change the way rewards work I was hopeful it would be to some thing that made it more likely to get every non-repeatable item.  Maybe not 100% to get all of them, but a lot closer than the first reward system.  This all sounds like the opposite of that.  Now I can't get something myself or in trade?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Do PC people actually like this current system better than the old one?  To me it seems like it makes it harder to get a specific non-repeatable if your RNG isn't good because trade chat won't be flooded with them.  I never got all the pieces for the Dera, the Karak, or Nezha as rewards, instead I traded duplicate parts for the ones I needed.

And then there are lenses, which I want in mass quantities.  One per season of each type sounds terrible for me.  Cores are great and all but I get plenty of those doing non-sortie missions.

When I first heard they were going to change the way rewards work I was hopeful it would be to some thing that made it more likely to get every non-repeatable item.  Maybe not 100% to get all of them, but a lot closer than the first reward system.  This all sounds like the opposite of that.  Now I can't get something myself or in trade?

Well I really like the new system... can't really speak for others, but there was multiple complaints about people getting only lenses/karak barrels in season 2 and after this change I haven't seen many complaints about the rewards. For example I got all the non-repeatable rewards S3 and S4 while joining people randomly, so did many others.