The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bomard Outrageous Fire Rate

(PSN)ShiroPhyla

Don't Bombards use Orgis launcher? Pretty sure that thing has a lowwww fire rate to balance the big damage. Yet if you are even 35m away from a bombard, you can watch it fire 3-5 more missiles at you befor the first one reaches you.. Yeaah, high damage, aoe, -and- rate of fire. Cuz thats not durpy. 

Also, Napalm fireballs are not deflected by Zephyr's Turbulence

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

Don't Bombards use Orgis launcher? Pretty sure that thing has a lowwww fire rate to balance the big damage. Yet if you are even 35m away from a bombard, you can watch it fire 3-5 more missiles at you befor the first one reaches you.. Yeaah, high damage, aoe, -and- rate of fire. Cuz thats not durpy. 

I always wondered how they got such a high fire rate. My ogris can only shoot half as fast with all speed mods. I guess we'll have to ask them for their build "TENNO SCCCCCUUUUUUM!!!!"

34 minutes ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

No, Bombards use the Ogris model. Actual statistics are completely irrelevant, every enemy just has stats, an assigned model, and assigned effects.

Fire rate nothing, when was the last time your Ogris rockets homed in on their targets?

1 hour ago, (PS4)ShiroPhyla said:

The other night, while doing a solo T3, I realized JUST how handy that damn HANDSPRING mod really is when I was shot to the ground and counted 3 OTHER gold tipped rockets making their way to me. Staggered me enough to have a butcher land his cleaver on the back of my head. All I could muster was, "...SEVEN HELLS! Did that just really happen?!?!"

3 hours ago, EDYinnit said:

No, Bombards use the Ogris model. Actual statistics are completely irrelevant, every enemy just has stats, an assigned model, and assigned effects.

Fire rate nothing, when was the last time your Ogris rockets homed in on their targets?

Just like to point out the correlation between the Ignis buff and Scorcher "Flaming" on the forums. Not all their stats are the same (Else we'd be insta-gibbed by any mob with a fully modded weapon, see conclave 1.0) but some stats and properties are constant between the tenno and mob version of weapons.

18 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Just like to point out the correlation between the Ignis buff and Scorcher "Flaming" on the forums. Not all their stats are the same (Else we'd be insta-gibbed by any mob with a fully modded weapon, see conclave 1.0) but some stats and properties are constant between the tenno and mob version of weapons.

Same deal with the Supra buff and the Techs being viewed as stronger. Doesn't mean it's not possibly just a case of confirmation bias; definitely doesn't mean it wasn't a conscious decision from DE to apply the stat buffs to those units. Both are 'expensive' units and should be just as strong as their heavy brethren.

Again - Last time I used my Ogris, its rockets didn't home in. The Shield Lancer uses a Viper with a smaller-than-base fire rate. Damage modifications are all over the place (those Seekers and their outrageously high Kraken damage for one).

You can see enemies with outdated weapons/stats still left in the game in places, including Crewmen with their old invulnerable helmets. Stats and effects don't have to be intrinsically tied to the model used.