Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crit Weapons (Lanka): The Only Path?

jjpdn

On 27/02/2016 at 1:45 AM, Loswaith said:

-snip-

For example (presuming my maths is correct) a weapon with 10% crit but 1.5 damage multiplier is doing an effective 15% additional damage, while a 125% critical chance with 4.4 damage multiplier is doing an effective 550% additional damage (before 'soft spot' multipliers).  However if it was a 10% crit chance with 4.4 damage multiplier that would only be an effective additional damage increase of 44%.

Your maths is in fact wrong, the first example only has a 5% effective increase, the 125/4.4 is correct and the 10/4.4 deals 34% more damage. You forgot to multiply base % with crit chance first.

As for the OP, I don't use my lanka because bows are straight up better due to lower charge time. Vectis Prime is alright but not having 100% crit chance is a pain. I mod my vulkar wraith for raw damage and it actually works quite well.

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, ProjectSaberX7 said:

I understand this is a discussion topic for snipers...But any suggestions for a Lanka build? I recently acquired it and I am pretty interested with it. Number of forma required doesn't matter btw :P

Build for mostly gas damage on the lanka and it becomes a unstoppable wrecking machine. I can take out groups of lvl135 bombards with ease.

My exact build is as follows: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, vile acceleration (or speed trigger), infested clip, malignant force, thermite rounds to make gas.

Enjoy :) 

Just now, OcelotVampire said:

Build for mostly gas damage on the lanka and it becomes a unstoppable wrecking machine. I can take out groups of lvl135 bombards with ease.

My exact build is as follows: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, vile acceleration (or speed trigger), infested clip, malignant force, thermite rounds to make gas.

Enjoy :) 

Oh awesome~ Thanks for the help. The build I had is very similar but I had 90% elemental mods instead of Malignant Force and Thermite rounds.

On 2/26/2016 at 9:30 PM, jjpdn said:

Its feels as if the Lanka is the only viable end game sniper.

With its increase in crit chance, you can get over 100% and so headshots become viable, because:

No crit headshot = double damage

Crit headshot = quadrupple damage. 

With two damage mods, no crit damage = ~six-eight times damage (+120% total damage, +90% elemental)

With one crit chance and the other crit damage mod = ~16x times damage. Not to mention the other damage mods would double damage for the weapon, when they would only give diminishing rewards for the non-crit weapon after the first two.

As a side note:

Normal bodyshot: ~4 times damage with two basic damage mods

Crit bodyshot: ~4.4 times damage with crit chance and crit damage, BUT, the two basic damage mods are able to quadruple damage instead of having diminishing returns. 

This is the same for all other weapons vs crit. 

Do you believe crit weapons are too powerful?

Rubico, super end-game viable. That is, if you consider 200k+ headshots viable...

On February 26, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Specific.Zod said:

Just give sniper rifles inate punch through DE, why a bow has it BUT sniper rifles don't? since most bows are able to red crit all day and can hit faster than sniper rifles.

Hide contents

one slot for shred or metal auger while bow dont need it. consider bow use the same mods.

Do it for all semi autos then 

Be better if crit chance was given the boost rather than damage, that would reward precision and actually make the weapon function more precise.

Just boosting the damage leaves many snipers still missing crits, so effectivly having dud shots, kinda defeating the purpose of the whole precise thing.