The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does shotgun ammo mutation work for me when on sentinel?

kolpo_polpo

Question

6 answers to this question

It won't work. Let's assume you've got Carrier/Sweeper and you're holding a Strun. It does you no good to have ammo mutation on Sweeper, as it doesn't require ammo, and the ammo that it does use doesn't come from your pool. If you were low on ammo with your Strun, because ammo mutation is on Sweeper your Strun gains no benefit from it. You'd be better off putting ammo mutation on the Strun or whatever shotgun you are using, but never on your companion's weapons. Hope it helps.

24 minutes ago, kolpo_polpo said:

If I give my sentinel carrier his  shotgun the ammo mutation mod does it then work the same like if I would put it on my own shotgun? Could be a way to save mod space if this works.

No, It doesn't work!

It just impacts the ammo the owner of the gun personally picks up, so since the Sentinel cannot ever pick up anything for itself, it's not gonna do anything, sadly. Yes, I tried that before myself and was sad to see that it doesn't work :P

This is a minor problem with how you can equip mods on items they have no effect on, maybe one day DE will have a bored intern or someone with nothing better to do sit down and go through the mods and disable the weapons you can equip them on which do not benefit from them - such as IPS mods on elemental guns, crit mods on crit-disabled guns, status mods on status-disabled guns, etc. Tho this is a really tedious task, and if anything, will only get worse the more guns and mods are introduced.