The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker beacons are useless

Dobermann92

7 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Idk what was "fixed", met him several times after 18.5, it's either 1.nothing. 2.mods. 3.dread. One time it was mantis something actually but still no freaking despair.

Wasnt mantis thats for sure.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker 

But yeah.. his loot table needs diluted.. lol.

Edited by (PS4)zero1872001

15 hours ago, Troll_Logic said:

I've been playing for 3 years and I've gotten one despair bp.

ONE.

Good luck.

same with Hate. Got it rather recently. I Dread (weeeeeell... pun intended) to think about War, given, that it's drop chance, according to a data mining, I once saw, was roughly at 1%. I believe, the drop chances of the Stalker might be the scariest thing about him. And probably his best defensive ability! Some people (me included) refuse to farm him, because it's the most frustrating thing in the world. Even Sisyphus wrote a ticket to DE once, claiming, that Stalkie's drop table is broken!

Edited by DjaAkh

On 2/27/2016 at 0:39 AM, Dobermann92 said:

Hello Tenno!

I hope I'm not the only one who bought multiple Stalker beacons (for few thousand ducats) to farm him. I tried to farm Despair and the Scimitar part. Me and my clanmates are decided to farm together, because they also had some beacons. Guess what: We got nothing but mods, argon crystals and a few Dread Bp-s. Nothing else! I thing Stalker beacons are here for only one reason: they are ducat sink. Not to mention Stalker has a very big droptable compared to the other 2 assassins. At least he should make a visit every week or so, but his appearance is so random.

My message to DE: Please stop putting more things into Stalker's drop table or make sure he always drops a blueprint (especially when using a beacon), because 70% of the time he drops only a mod or a rare resource and that is ridicolous.

Hey, at least you got yours. I did a few beacons, went back to buy another.. but I didn't get it. My credits/ducats are gone and I don't have my beacon.

I've been saying it for months now the stalkers loot table needs to be cleaned up DE having things like fusion core energy channel molten impact and any other non stalker items in its loot table is just asking for a written insults  that involve everything from taking gods name in vein and damming you to hell to your competency has game developers and players creating post saying they have had enough and their never playing this game again.

So for the love of your paying customers removed the trash from the Stalker/Shadow Stalker, G3 and Zanuka hunter they are rare spawns and the players would be really happy if you did.

I was blessed with good RNG with regard to Stalker. Balanced drops - i got everything within the first few months of playing. Even got War to drop about a week after sentient stalker came out.

And I don't even play that much. Good karma for all those silvers core packs i get :(

However, I look forward to finally getting the Brakk!

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SupeBoss said:

However, I look forward to finally getting the Brakk!

Buy one beacon. Get a team of 3 people with the same beacons. Get a couple of ivaras in a team. Profit. Pretty sure you'll get several brakks.

The only thing beacons can give for sure is dojo pigments.

If you buy beacons to get the rare content, you're paying to have a CHANCE at despair, hate or whatever. Don't complain if you don't get them.

Edited by TheScytale

On 07/04/2016 at 10:32 PM, Nomen_Nescio said:

Don't forget bursas and Conculysts.

Manic Bombard. 1 enemy per mission AND not guaranteed. 

Beacons are great though, finally scanned zanuka hunter. I've never supported grineer scoom in my 2000 hours playtime, and even though I had detron because zanuka came after teammates I've never been marked by zanuka and in coop he's dead in 2 seconds, no chance to scan. Finally completed his codex.

Weird how zanuka hunter is weaker than zanuka boss, even without super shield. 

I think the best way to fix Stakers rate of showing up, is to make the bosses add percentage. One boss is .05% each, so every time you kill one, the chance incirses. With 4 people killing the boss at the same time, EACH player in the group would get a 0.20% chance, 3 players would get .15% and 2 would get .10%. This would add up very quickly. THEN you add a bonus if its the first time you have killed the boss for the day. Maybe a 0.10% chance. This would encouraging players to do every boss fight, instead of farming just one.

So, it would go as follows.

Killing a boss with 4 players: 0.20%

First Kill Of The Day: 0.10%

After killing 2 different bosses, you would end up with 0.6% chance. If you kill the Phobos boss, you would get 0.6% off the bat, as you are killing 2 bosses at once. Keep in mind, that's Per Player. So, the total will be 2.4% chance of the Stalker after 2 first kill of the day bosses, but only if your in a full group. So after 4 bosses, the change will be around 5%. This would go up the more you kill bosses.

It would then go down by 50% if you kill him, or 100% if he kills his target. However, the % would only go down for the player targeted.  So if you have 2 people who both have 10%, making the chance 20%, and he shows up, then the player targeted only gets the change reduced.

Player 1 as 10%

Player 2 has 10%

Stalker targets player 1

Stalker is killed.

Player 1 drops to 5%

Player 2 still has 10%

Player 1 at 10%

Player 2 at 10%

Stalker targets player 2

Stalker kills player 2, and leaves.

Player two is now at 0%

Player 1 is still at 10%

If anyone wants to add to this, or change it, then cool. I basicly came up with this as I wrote it. lol

My friend has been playing this game for 3 years now, and in all his time, all his stalker spawns. He has NEVER seen a Hate BP. Nor has he seen a Despair BP. In 3 years all he has is the Dread, Now sure there is a way to get all the items. but for 800p or roughly $43 canadian. It simply is not worth the money to do it this way. The weapons are lack luster and arent worth nearly 250p a piece, not to mention how rare they are making people even think about buying it *incoherent rant continues*

And finally he just needs a re-work to how his drops go, they need to be higher chance of dropping and also he needs a much smaller drop table to begin with

On 26/02/2016 at 3:38 PM, Melos-mevim said:

I think this is less of a problem with beacons more of a problem with stalkers bloated drop table

True. Haven't seen war/broken war/scimitar yet. Every time stalker spawns he either drops 1 rare resource, a useless mod, or dread...

The problem with warframe is not the RNG itself, it's the weighted RNG, which is not the same thing. One is purely luck based, the other is biased...

• 4 weeks later...

I play since closed beta, 1927 mission hours played, never droped a single despair bp in probably over a hundred encounters with stalker.

By now I'm pretty sure the rng tabble is biased to drop more or less of some itens for every person, on stalker some people drop just despair, some just hate. When you have players with both rng weight on same stalker enconter it drop dread.

In 3 years playing that game despair have been one of my biggest despairs as weapon collector.

I hated when he started droping mods, and I felt dread when I seen his drop tabble got even more stuff.

Edited by Kamikazi_Zero

• 3 weeks later...

Stalker just stopped appearing for me. Doesn't even matter if I'm flying solo or running with a full team of people with Stalker marks, HE WON'T APPEAR!

I don't even have any of the stalker weapons (I mainly want the dread because I like the red crits and using the Paris Prime after using Ivara's ult is annoying even if the Paris Prime is a great weapon)