The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiant Finish mod explained. Need help!

Nithael

Question

Ok guys here is my question.

I want to apply radiant finish on excalibur, but I want to know how it works  first, becaue I have seen some guys dowing  insane damage with the exalted blade when the mod is applyied to the warframe.

If I use radiant blind  with radiant finish installed  and  then use exalted blade wave on the blinded enemy, will I get a crit hit with 300% or these  the 300% finisher damage apply  only if I make the finishing animation on an enemy.

Bassically  I am asking  if  I get the 300% damage on the exalted wave blade?

Edited by Nithael

8 answers to this question

You need to use finishing moves on blinded enemies for get the bonus damage of Radiant Finish.  If you have Exalted Blade on and you use your finisher, then that damage from Radiant Finish is applied.  On the other hand energy waves of EB won't get the bonus damage.

blind is the pre curser to the rest of excal's abilities so blind first then use another ability  for maximum carnage.

even the weakest melee will give atleast 50k yellow crits with blind on a non crit build. if you want to capitalize on the body count mod play using blind and see the counter go way up.

Radial Finish adds 300% ON Finshers, meaning you have to perform the actual finisher animation on the target.

Radial Finish is also affected BY Power Strength meaning that you can potentially get a 600% finisher Damage boost from that mod.

You can also apply the Covert Lethality dagger mod for more finisher damage with Exalted Blade  because it adds 100% extra bonus damage and Lethal Damage on Finisher attacks.

15 minutes ago, MegatronG1 said:

You can also apply the Covert Lethality dagger mod for more finisher damage with Exalted Blade  because it adds 100% extra bonus damage and Lethal Damage on Finisher attacks.

Weapon specific mods do not affect EB. (Augments, Covert Lethality, Glaive mods)

3 hours ago, Nithael said:

Ok guys here is my question.

I want to apply radiant finish on excalibur, but I want to know how it works  first, becaue I have seen some guys dowing  insane damage with the exalted blade when the mod is applyied to the warframe.

If I use radiant blind  with radiant finish installed  and  then use exalted blade wave on the blinded enemy, will I get a crit hit with 300% or these  the 300% finisher damage apply  only if I make the finishing animation on an enemy.

Bassically  I am asking  if  I get the 300% damage on the exalted wave blade?

My theory behind the question was that the exalted blade energy wave would be like an extension of the weapon itself.

Thats what I thought. Thank you for clarifying that out for me.

14 hours ago, Naftal said:

Weapon specific mods do not affect EB. (Augments, Covert Lethality, Glaive mods)

I would have to disagree about Covert Lethality not working with Exalted Blade. At release of the Excalibur rework Augment mods for weapons were unintentionally functioning with Channeled Ultimates, but they that was patched so that it was fixed to not work that way.

When Covert Lethality was released it made Exalted Blade 1 shot everything. They later patched the mod only allowing Lethal Damage on Stealth Finishers instead of Finishers while undetected which just meant that using Radial blind and attacking with your energy wave would not 1 shot them however you can still deal a lot of damage to enemies if you did the finisher attack.

Glaive mods wouldn't work on Exalted blade, probably because it's not a glaive but I am not sure if there were any specific mods that could have worked with Exalted blade before any patch.

Edited by MegatronG1
Fixed

4 hours ago, MegatronG1 said:

I would have to disagree about Covert Lethality not working with Exalted Blade. At release of the Excalibur rework Augment mods for weapons were unintentionally functioning with Channeled Ultimates, but they that was patched so that it was fixed to not work that way.

When Covert Lethality was released it made Exalted Blade 1 shot everything. They later patched the mod only allowing Lethal Damage on Stealth Finishers instead of Finishers while undetected which just meant that using Radial blind and attacking with your energy wave would not 1 shot them however you can still deal a lot of damage to enemies if you did the finisher attack.

It was a bit more complicated than that.

Basically, what happened was that when CL first came out, people were going around oneshotting everything with EB waves (exactly as you said). The devs eventually nerfed CL so that players would stop oneshotting level 99999 enemies with EB waves and Sheev ground pounds, and from then on CL daggers and EBs were only able to oneshot enemies on Finishers.

Later, though, came the update where all weapon-specific mods (namely Syndicate mods, which were the primary target) were changed to no longer have an effect on EB. Covert Lethality was included in this change too, so, like Syndicate mods and Glaive mods and such, it is basically treated as a dead slot while EB is active.