The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage vs Zephyr

SatelliteStrike

Question

I am crafting both frames. Now gotta wait 3 days to finish. So just curios which is the most fun frame? They both can use the Tonkor. Both look cool. I am asking this just for a heads up. Only have 1 Orokin reactor and I'd rather spend my time getting a nikana p set or some cores. So which frame is more fun and deservers my reactor for now? 

11 answers to this question

Take this with a grain of salt since Zephyr is my favorite frame ( I may give her more credit than I should).

Take Zephyr when you want to:

• Fly all over the place with insane speed
  • Carpetbomb the hell out of everything in your sights
  • Be a walking snowglobe against any projectile weapons (mostly corpus/void)
  • Have decent survivability as a solo player (FYI don't go below 50% range or get rekt by grineer hitscan weapons)
  • Rush anything (jetstream augment)
  • Watch bodies fly (tornado)

Take Mirage when you want to:

• Deal insane damage (total eclipse augment for your team)
  • Throw everything you have and more at enemies (Hall of mirrors)
  • Have the ultimate CC in the game (max range blind on Prism)
  • Cheeze your way through interception (same as above)
  • Be extremely helpful in the Law of Retribution (again, same as above)
  • See how much firerate, explosions and projectiles it takes for your fps to go down... Oh and disco parties.

On a more serious note:

Zephyr for when you want to survive (mostly solo unless you do corpus), rush things or just feel like flying and of course the tonkor synergy.

Mirage for when you need this extra bit of damage but you really want to use your weapons a lot. Or instead spam your Prism to blind everything in this universe and the next one so you and your friends can pretty much walk past everything.

gun frame? Mirage.

She's fantastic to watch with explosive weapons, as she has multiple explosions per shot instead of Zephyr who is more of a super fast frame.

Unless you have an augment mod for projectile weapons that increases the projectile speed, the Zephyr doesn't really effect gun play much!

Mirage is the more flexible frame all around, but both are good. Notably, Mirage has the best damage potential with Hall of Mirrors, while Zephyr is tougher and more mobile, and they both have good CC (though Mirage is more reliable).

So even if Mirage is squishier she is more usefull than zephyr? I mean I know that zephyr tonkor can make bombs blast on impact, but having mirage use tonkor with mirrors will it hit the target, since my accuracy (not the weapon's accuracy but my personal gaming powers) isn't perfect at aiming? Also besides the tonkor I wanna farm a nikana p. So curios also which one can be fun in melee use with that too. I will make them both but testing is another thing. So curios what you guys have to say about which deserves the reactor more

Zephyr is statistically my most played frame, but I've been mainlining Mirage for the last week or so. She's fantastic fun, but never feels too overpowered (except on Void Defense with a Torid...) and she remains fairly squishy throughout. For solo play I think Zephyr probably offers more potential for higher level content, especially if you haven't got a few potatoed and multiforma'd weapons. Zephyr's potential is tied up in your mods, whereas Mirage requires both great Warframe mods and great weapons and weapon mods to unlock her potential. I think this is why Zephyr is my most played: she got me through that 'difficult' middle part of the game where the enemies are starting to get tougher faster than your weapons are improving. However, for high level content I think Mirage is far better.

Playstyle is really what matters.

Mirage is a damage dealer, but she sucks a defense. That being said, She obviously doesn't scale well.

Zephyr is a speed tank, who can potentially scale forever endgame with turbulence. 

No frame is better, but if I had to chose 1, Zephyr.

Zephyr is also more versatile Then Mirage. Mirage really only has one safe range, Ranged.

Zephyr can utilitze both Ranges, Close, and Afar.

Mirage has better CC then Zephyr, But let's be honest, Her CC will barely increase her survivability because her animation for it is so slow for it even with Natural talent. So enemies can shoot you while casting it. Kinda overrated imo.

Edited by (PS4)abb12355

I vote Mirage, everyone keeps saying she is squishy, but if you keep eclipse up you can get up to 95% damage reduction add having 4 clones that enemies mostly aim at and you can have pretty good survivability if not, blind away.

Zephyr is fun, but it didnt really fit me. Oh and she has a hidden minigame in the appearance tab ;)

52 minutes ago, zeroth0x said:

I vote Mirage, everyone keeps saying she is squishy, but if you keep eclipse up you can get up to 95% damage reduction add having 4 clones that enemies mostly aim at and you can have pretty good survivability if not, blind away.

Zephyr is fun, but it didnt really fit me. Oh and she has a hidden minigame in the appearance tab ;)

The 95% damage reduction is only in the dark, so in most areas, she is squishy like 80% of the time

Tbh if you want a frame to go with your Nikana P then Zephyr is definitely out of that list lol. She isn't the type of frame that you want to get up close and personal with especially vs lv100 Mobs. If you were to choose Zephyr then you would want a throwing melee weapon, like the Glaive, if you happen to lose a lot of your hp and needed to get it back with life strike. With Mirage you could possibly do it since she has a bit more armor at 85 compared to Zephyr's 15 and 4 clones that would also slash away with the Nikana P but eh. I still wouldn't risk it since her armor rating is just above average. Anyway back to the Zephyr Vs Mirage Question. I must say they are both great frames but I prefer Zephyr. She is much more of a tank and faster despite having a lower armor rating. What zeroth0x said is true but even with 95% damage reduction mirage will still take heavy Damage versus higher level mobs. With my Zephyr t4 solos are a cake walk. With Zephyr's Turbulence skill I take literally no damage until the higher level mobs and even then do I rarely take damage to my hp. So my choice would be Zephyr but that's just me.

Also I saw spartan say not to go below 50% range on Zephyr? Below is my Zephyr build with only 46% Range.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Click here for my Build ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have no problem having my turbulence making hit scan weapons miss me. Some people may not know it but the dodge mechanics on turbulence are also affected by your movement.  As long as you are moving, as you should be doing with Zephyr lel, you shouldn't get hit as there is a greater chance for turbulence to redirect those bullet/rockets while you are moving. If you are standing in one spot and an enemy aims at the correct angle then they can shoot right through the gaps of turbulence and damage you.

Edited by DarkSyndrome