The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Akbolto build?

JMP3

Question

So, I recently got enough standing with the Arbiters of Hexis and got myself a Telos Akbolto since I've seen a decent amount of people using it.  While I wasn't as initially impressed with it as say, the Vaykor Marelok, I do see some potential with it since it's base fire rate is insane.  Though its other base stats are nothing special.  Tiny bit of impact, ~40-ish puncture, no slash, 10% crit, 10% status, and Hexis' "Truth" proc is Gas.  So I'm not really sure what direction to go with it.  Do I go crit, status, both?

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Well, this is what I am working with:

Warframe0074_zpsdpwzrxun.jpg

They hit like a run away train. I think they are very under rated imo.

Imo Telos Akbolto would be better as a rainbow pistol.

The only thing it has that shines is the fact it has awesome Puncture and a good base damage, perfect for going full rainbow on it

The critical build seems like a fun thing to try tho.... gotta go try it out sometime.

@S0V3REiGN's build might be the best, or certainly is one of the best you can put together if you go against Grineer.

Now you might not have those Primed mods, so we would need a bit more information to give you some more advice. Do you have access to Primed mods? What are they? What enemies do you want to fight with these weapons?

this is my build: 

split chamber    hornet strike   lethal torrent   bane mod (you can switch this for a reload speed mod if running against void) 

convulsion      pathogen rounds    primed heated charge (or normal)        bore 

though I do wanna try that crit build, sadly I have to reforma to make it work >.> 

@Kontrollo I have most of the mods listed.  I do not have Primed Heated Charge or Bore, but I do have a maxed Hornet Strike, and an unranked Primed Target Cracker.  And I'm not looking to really specialize the Akbolto against any one faction; rather I just want a nice general use pistol.

20 hours ago, JMP3 said:

@Kontrollo I have most of the mods listed.  I do not have Primed Heated Charge or Bore, but I do have a maxed Hornet Strike, and an unranked Primed Target Cracker.  And I'm not looking to really specialize the Akbolto against any one faction; rather I just want a nice general use pistol.

Well, if you don't have both Primed critical mods and can't max them, you probably shouldn't bother going that way, because the crit. stats of the Telos Akbolto are actually a bit subpar.

If you just want a general purpose build, then I suggest you mod them with the three must-have mods Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent. Then - because neither the crit. stats nor the status chance are all that great - I would add punch through: a 4/5 or 5/5 Seeker (the former will always save you 1 point). Then fill up with 3-4 elemental mods:

• Corrosive + Heat is nice against Void and Infested enemies, and generally great for its status procs.

• Radiation + Toxin is something I like because the Radiation proc is always nice to have. Radiation sucks against Shields, so you will want to have a good amount of Toxin, as it ignores them.
    This build is generally not that great against Infested in terms of damage. But the Radiation procs can disable Ancient auras for a while.

• Viral + Heat has very good procs (Viral basically doubles your damage) and is especially great with 4x Corrosive Projection auras in your squad.

Fill the last slot with either a dual-stat mod (status + damage), one of the Expel mods (not that great in a general-purpose-build) or even a Quickdraw, because the longish reload makes it a bit awkward to use at times. Against higher-level armoured enemies you'll usually want that dual-stat mod to amp up your Corrosive damage and procs, though.

Example builds:

Edited by Kontrollo

6 hours ago, JMP3 said:

Well you have 3 config slots on it so having one for each faction(Grineer/Corpus/Void) is advisable. I wouldn't go crit, it's not really a great gun for it. I also don't think it really needs seeker, especially not a near max one(too many mod points) because it has the knockback.  I prefer more damage per shot in the form of another element mod. Slotting in a single dual stat mod gets the status to over 40% which at it's fire rate is pretty nice. If you don't have Bore don't bother with paying plat for it. It's not really any better than a 90% mod(the difference is negligible.)

13 hours ago, Acebaur said:

Well you have 3 config slots on it so having one for each faction(Grineer/Corpus/Void) is advisable. I wouldn't go crit, it's not really a great gun for it. I also don't think it really needs seeker, especially not a near max one(too many mod points) because it has the knockback.  I prefer more damage per shot in the form of another element mod. Slotting in a single dual stat mod gets the status to over 40% which at it's fire rate is pretty nice. If you don't have Bore don't bother with paying plat for it. It's not really any better than a 90% mod(the difference is negligible.)

I generally agree, +1. Just some additions/clarifications:

Yes, Seeker is kinda expensive in mod points, but it is worth slotting exactly because the critical and status chance of these guns aren't all that great. You can of course slot a lower rank of it if you want to save even more points.

So normally, the best way to get damage out of the gun is to add elemental mods, but those mods stack additively. If we ignore the multipliers against factions and we have, 3 elemental mods slotted, that gives us 100% + (3 * 90%) = 370% damage, which is a x3.7 damage multiplier. If we add a 4th on top, that's 370% + 90% = 460% damage, or x4.6 multiplier. But the damage increase over 3 mods is 4.6 / 3.7 = 1.243 or +24.3%. However, if you replace that 4th elemental with punch-through, you can effectively double or triple your x3.7 damage when hitting multiple enemies in line.

(Aside: That's also why an Expel mod can be better than a 4th elemental; +30% > +24.3%, but it depends on the loadout and your enemy faction.)

Also, modding for crits is only a good idea if you have those powerful Primed mods. Otherwise, don't bother. See here: