Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(very specific) Nyx Mind Control AI change

littleal93

So I might be the only person who thinks this is an issue because most people probably don't run around mind controlling shield drones (and ospreys), but I feel they need an extremely simple tweak to their AI when under mind control's effects.  When you MC a shield drone, they stop adding shields to your enemies and instead shield you and your allies (defense targets, etc.); however, they do not care that that has become their job.  They just continue to fly around enemy groups intending to shield them even though they can't (and this usually results in their swift destruction).  Their AI should be adjusted so that when MC'd they fly around the Nyx that is in control (or at least one of their new allies) to give her the shield boost.  Granted the boost isn't too crazy, but 200 shields can really come in handy sometimes.  I'm fairly certain the code even already exists in game because when you side with the corpus on invasions the ospreys will fly around you and shield you.  Does anyone else feel like this should be a thing?

They do give your shield boost under mind control but they do not follow you around. They'll wander by themselves. Having them around would be cool, especially in survivals where we're on constant move. 

Edited by Verouzer

I always try to follow the shield opsrey, and it just runs away or heads off to a big group of enemies. Side note, Iv always wondered why infested boilers (nyx or nekros) pop out hostile enemies when they died as allies...but drahks will still fight for you even if their master dies (i can never keep track of them to tell what they do when mind control wears off of the master, but fairly certain they stay allied to you).

Yes, Mindcontrol has serious issues with AI. Offensive units should go and fight and defensive units should stay near you. I hate to run after my Ancients in void.

One more problem: if you Mindcontrol Scombas, they will still continue to restrict your and your teams powers.