The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I unlock the derelict/nightmare missions?

(PSN)sb001001

Question

I’ve been playing for about two weeks, have all the planets unlocked and void but I’ve seen some player videos where they have a specific map for the derelict on the solar chart which I don’t have.

Is there a specific quest or something I need to be doing to unlock this? (Apart from the starter two and howl of the kubrow I haven’t been doing any of those yet.)

Same for the nightmare missions, I’ve only seen 2 or 3 pop up as alerts but don’t see any on the solar map selection screen when I check each planet separately.

6 answers to this question

Nightmare missions are unlocked on planets when you have all nodes completed. Note that you'll recieve more NM missions on larger planets, like Eris or Sedna or etc. At most, you might have 2-3 NM missions on a larger planet, and maybe not any on small planets like Mercury. It's sorta chance related.

Derelict missions are crafted using void keys and nav coordinates. The blueprints for these missions are in the Market, should be in the Gear tab in the Keys section. Make as many to your heart's content, be warned that ODA [assassination] takes 6hrs to build, but the rest are 1min or so.

Enjoy ^__^

Edited by Phailberry

2 minutes ago, Melos-mevim said:

you gain access to the derelict by making derelict keys, you can find blueprints for them in the market

as for nightmare missions they happen at random not something you can really control

Mostly true. For Nightmare missions to show up on a planet you must clear every node on that planet, once you've done that random nodes on that planet will be nightmare and change periodically. Also nightmare missions do not show up on Mercury

Edited by AXCrusnik

For Derelict Missions, all key blueprints are purchasable on market, under the "Keys and Drones" of Equipment sub-page.

For Nightmare Missions, check if you also finished AW missions on each planet. Some quests also add additional node to the map which hasn't been shown yet.

If you have finished all the above said, Nightmare Missions should be shown now. If not, probably contact support for this.