Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos Prime/Bo Prime/Tipedo/Tonbo which one?

someguy216

Question

Its staff/polearm wars. I dont really want more then one staff/polearm type weapon but cant decide between these four. From what I've heard they are all good stats except tonbo but tonbo is the only one that is easy to make. So are any of them horribly bad, amazingly good. Or are they all more or less the same balance wise with strengths and weaknesses in different departments? If so what are eaches strengths and weaknesses?

9 answers to this question

If you have access to Blood Rush and Body Count, I'd say that the Tipedo is the best choice out of the four, and even it you didn't have them, tipedo is still really good. It's critical chance and damage makes it benefit from crit mods like Berserker and turn it into a blending machine.

It does take 2 other weapons to make, but the pay out is really nice.

Excerpt from the wiki's comparison table:

Name Damage Impact Puncture Slash Slide Jump Wall Attack Speed Critical Chance Critical Damage Status Chance Channel Cost Channel Damage Mastery
Bo Prime 75 67.5 7.5 0 161 150 125 1.08 12.50% 2.0x 25.00% 5 1.5x 5
Orthos Prime 65 9.75 9.75 45.5 144 130 108 1.2 10.00% 2.0x 15.00% 5 1.5x 2
Tipedo 50 5 5 40 107 100 83 1.33 20.00% 2.0x 20.00% 5 1.5x 3
Tonbo 80 8 12 60 178 160 133 1 5.00% 2.0x 25.00% 5 1.5x 3

Tonbo has the highest base damage, but personally I prefer Tipedo for it's higher Crit/Status chances. With a crit build (including new Blood Fury and Body Count mods) and as well as Berserker, you can turn into a veritable high-speed-red-crit-blender.

Your best bet is to try as many as you can though. Mastery all the things, anyway.

Happy gaming...

I like Orthos Prime because of the reach and speed.  I haven't not touched Tipedo after parkour 2.0, but I want to look at that weapon again.  Tonbo is on the slow side, but it's still a good weapon.  Bo Prime is pretty meh because it deals mostly impact damage so it's not as useful as others on the list.  

Which ever looks the coolest to you, build that.  ;)  That's what I would do, haha.

Well probably going for tipedo cus fastest melee weapon in the game, and may want a polearm weapon but dont really like any of the ones they have out (aesthetically) Tonbo looks ok but the orthos prime looks very boring for a prime weapon and is one case where the non prime version looks far better and far more like a polearm, like the kind you'd see in a medieval siege.