Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Tempo Royale expensive?

_War

Question

22 answers to this question

Very hard to get, would only drops from event mobs ( dosnt anymore btw) not only that, its best stance for any weapon it can use, mix that with some thing that is very strong like war. you end up hiting soooo hard ( red crits on that combo is crazy).

4 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Not to mention very good. In my opinion, the best greatsword/greataxe stance.

not really an opinion, its fact. the dps out put on it competey out dose any other stand ingame right now

Being overrated doesn't make Tempo Royale good. If melee is your main source of damage, Cleaving Whirlwind is incomparably better than Tempo Royale. Latter is better when you rarely use melee, as it has a great quick melee attack.

5 minutes ago, Urska said:

not really an opinion, its fact. the dps out put on it competey out dose any other stand ingame right now

Cleaving whirlwind. But this thread isn't about this.

The stance is expensive because it only loot on a certain bursa and can be bought from baro ki teer.

Therefore it's rare, thus expensive.

Edited by Trichouette

15 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Being overrated doesn't make Tempo Royale good. If melee is your main source of damage, Cleaving Whirlwind is incomparably better than Tempo Royale. Latter is better when you rarely use melee, as it has a great quick melee attack.

I respectfully disagree. Damage output is not everything. Tempo Royale's Block combo has the chaining ragdoll AoE, which is very helpful for dealing with groups. I think it more than makes up for the animation lock.

11 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

I respectfully disagree. Damage output is not everything. Tempo Royale’s Block combo has the chaining ragdoll AoE, which is very helpful for dealing with groups. I think it more than makes up for the animation lock.

Also, that particular combo is pretty good at getting headshots. Combine with Blood Rush for redcrit headshots while madly spinning with a giant axe. Tenno/10

Just now, Archeyef said:

I respectfully disagree. Damage output is not everything. Tempo Royale's Block combo has the chaining ragdoll AoE, which is very helpful for dealing with groups. I think it more than makes up for the animation lock.

It usually is. I would preffer using Tempo if I were to run a low-level mission with a heavy weapon, so my damage output doesn't really matter. Then I can go for the block combo, but not because of its ragdoll property - because of the overall movement you make during this combo. If you stack enough attack speed, you'll effectively lose almost no movement speed while attacking.

Meanwhile using this combo for CC means your damage had already started to fall off. And then there's that fact, that to kill stuff is a form of CC too. By the time Tempo can CC and kill stuff effectively, Cleving oneshots everything. By the time Tempo's main work becomes to CC stuff, Cleaving still oneshotes everything. When Tempo's damage completely fell off, you still can kill stuff quite effectively with Cleaving. The damage fall off difference between these two stances is like 50 levels.

I do agree Tempo feels better than Cleaving, especially on high attack speed, so I understand why people would pick it over Cleaving. However Tempo Royale can't compete with Cleaving Whirlwind on high levels.

10 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

It usually is. I would preffer using Tempo if I were to run a low-level mission with a heavy weapon, so my damage output doesn't really matter. Then I can go for the block combo, but not because of its ragdoll property - because of the overall movement you make during this combo. If you stack enough attack speed, you'll effectively lose almost no movement speed while attacking.

Meanwhile using this combo for CC means your damage had already started to fall off. And then there's that fact, that to kill stuff is a form of CC too. By the time Tempo can CC and kill stuff effectively, Cleving oneshots everything. By the time Tempo's main work becomes to CC stuff, Cleaving still oneshotes everything. When Tempo's damage completely fell off, you still can kill stuff quite effectively with Cleaving. The damage fall off difference between these two stances is like 50 levels.

I do agree Tempo feels better than Cleaving, especially on high attack speed, so I understand why people would pick it over Cleaving. However Tempo Royale can't compete with Cleaving Whirlwind on high levels.

Those are all fair points. I will concede that Cleaving Whirlwind is better from a DPS standpoint.

But as you say, the feel of the stance is also important. Many people, I think, would prefer a weapon that feels good to handle, rather than a weapon that does significantly more damage. And this, I think, is where Tempo Royale really shines. It feels much better to use than Cleaving Whirlwind does.

For me, the feel of the weapon is very important in deciding whether or not I'll use it, whether it's gun or melee. It often leads me to using weapons that don't do the most damage, but which I have a lot of fun using. It tends to override my desire for more powerful weapons. And I believe a lot of people think the same way.

2 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

People dislike being rooted into a place, they also don't like a stance that only have one single usable move.

Anyway 300 plats seems high for Tempo royale. I see people selling it for 200.

They are rare, have very low drop chance on a rare enemy or can be obtained with Baro but not guaranteed.

Vengeful Revenant is way worse tho.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

3 hours ago, Epsik-kun said:

Being overrated doesn't make Tempo Royale good. If melee is your main source of damage, Cleaving Whirlwind is incomparably better than Tempo Royale. 

i agree... even if it were very good, Tempo Royale is certainly not worth 300 plat, which is what you'd spend for a whole prime frame.  Prices on rare mods/stance are a bit ridiculous.  I never buy them.  

3 hours ago, Archeyef said:

Even if damage output is not everything, Cleaving Whirlwind still wins. It has bigger aoe, it lets you move while spinning. Also remember that the Broken Bull combo hits twice, sometimes thrice, and has a bigger aoe so even if you don't think damage is everything, that's a huge amount of damage.

Edited by Stardrinker

Just now, Stardrinker said:

If damage output is everything then Cleaving Whirlwind wins. Remember that the Broken Bull combo hits twice.

...Yes, I agree. But I said damage output isn't everything, and I stand by that. Tempo Royale feels better to use and to me, that makes it a better stance.

2 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

...Yes, I agree. But I said damage output isn't everything, and I stand by that. Tempo Royale feels better to use and to me, that makes it a better stance.

Updated post, seems like the forum posts replies before I've submitted.

Just now, Stardrinker said:

Updated post, seems like the forum posts replies before I've submitted.

That is strange. But anyway, having used both Cleaving Whirlwind and Tempo Royale, my opinion remains that Tempo Royale is better.

I think we may be dealing with a matter of personal preference here, and those never get resolved by arguing facts. Agree to disagree?