Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruptor Ancients. Come On, Really?

Licter

Ancient Disruptors are boring because they don't change how you play. Of all of the Ancients, they have two things in common, they knock you down with melee attacks, and they take forever to die. Toxics and Healers have an additional factor each: Toxics area deny you because of their poison, and Healers heal everything around them so they are an important focus target. Disruptors on the other hand don't do anything different, they just punish you more for being hit. They should really have their drain effects transmitted through a different way that makes them different from the other Ancients.

I think it would be kind of neat if Disruptors had a pulse effect like healers, except anything caught in the pulse suffers from... say... illusory enemies, garbled UI, visual 'noise', etc, until the disruptor is killed or you move far enough away.

+1 just for the Doom reference. XD

Part of the problem here is that not everyone is skilled enough to be able to get out of the situation. From what I have seen personally,  a lot of people lack the skills. They get hit by a Disruptor, lose all their energy and shields and get knocked down, surrounded by Infested which then proceed to stunlock them til they die. The problem is made even worse when there are multiple Disruptors around, which there almost always is.

+1 that you recognized the reference XD

Any ways, true. A lot of people lack the skills, including me when I started to play warframe about couple weeks ago. And I still have lots to learn and I'm soooo faaaaaar away from perfection. But the best part is that you usually play with other people who are most likely more skilled than you. If you find out that you have difficulties against specific mobs, why you should be the tank? Stay behind, kill the mobs you can and help as much as possible to deal damage. And observe how others manoeuvre and kill the difficult mob.

The biggest problem is that all Ancients are sneaky bastards: you don't get sound feedback when they are getting close (eg. from behind and specially when they rush) and you are depended of your visual sight. Sometimes this is really hard and challenging when you are in combat against waves of Chargers, Runners and Leapers.

Edited by carnaga

+1 just for the Doom reference. XD

Part of the problem here is that not everyone is skilled enough to be able to get out of the situation. From what I have seen personally,  a lot of people lack the skills. They get hit by a Disruptor, lose all their energy and shields and get knocked down, surrounded by Infested which then proceed to stunlock them til they die. The problem is made even worse when there are multiple Disruptors around, which there almost always is.

Last I checked I've put about 44 hours total into this game and have loved every minute of it. And... I'm not spectacularly skilled. But I'm learning how to handle Ancient Disruptors. So if a not-quite-so-skilled player such as myself can handle a few disruptors, I don't think anything about them needs to be nerfed.

Instead of nerfing them, maybe someone who's better than me should post a "how to deal with Ancient Disruptors" thread. I just try to keep distance on em and bring a lot of fire. Also, even if shields and energy are gone, there are still upgraded vitality mods. Don't skimp on the vitality.

Edited by biggstobacco

Last I checked I've put about 44 hours total into this game and have loved every minute of it. And... I'm not spectacularly skilled. But I'm learning how to handle Ancient Disruptors. So if a not-quite-so-skilled player such as myself can handle a few disruptors, I don't think anything about them needs to be nerfed.

I wouldn't say nerfed persay. Rather, power moved.

I don't mind the idea of them but taking all energy and all shields while staggering on top of it is ridiculous. If you get touched by one and then chargers happen to get on your &#! when it happens? Have fun with that, you're pretty much done.

I have always thought they should take a percentage or something different all together.

I find it odd that they can drain 1k shields and 475 energy in a single hit, then disable me from regaining shields and gathering energy for another 3-4 seconds.

it should be a % shields/energy, or a flat amount per ancient level, and be an instant wipe, not a lasting effect.

IMHO.

Just sayin'

They need to be buffed. Give them flying ability or a phasewalk, or like growing through walls, building tunnels and stuff. Or better let them infest some Tenno, which then infest/fight eachother until the infestation wins the game and will take control over your machine and will sate their appetite for world domination.

Edited by Ornd

Stagger?

Every time I get hit by one, I'm flat out on the ground period. And they usually come with lots of friends, and by the time I FINALLY stand up, I'm dead......becuase yaknow, something that gets rid of ALL shields and ALL energy is fair, amirite?

They run fast, have lots of health, have a ridiculous range on their attacks.

And you meet one and it is "OH CRAP KILL IT!!!" and then you kill it... then you go into the next room and there's 2 more of the wretched things and the stupid dogs and runners just keep spawning and spawning and spawning and spawning. The whole map then becomes a "It ain't worth fighting them; just run".

Instead of nerfing them, maybe someone who's better than me should post a "how to deal with Ancient Disruptors" thread. I just try to keep distance on em and bring a lot of fire. Also, even if shields and energy are gone, there are still upgraded vitality mods. Don't skimp on the vitality.

There are a few problems with this:

1). Depends on what frame you're using. Not everybody wants to be pigeonholed into using Ember or Rhino on Infestation missions.

2). Vitality Mods? Some frames don't have room for Vitality mods. To stick on vitality, you gotta take something else off which drastically reduces other stuff you need.

The whole crux of the problem is that Disruptors are just too plain ridiculous.

And in Solo.... getting hit by one is basically a Game Over unless you are extremely lucky. And even then, you're forced to run as there is NOTHING else you can do. Just run.

They are just too stinking overpowered.

Dual Ether (melee weapon) allow you to cut it to shreds, while staggering it enough that it's effectively stunlocked.

Once I got them, I never worried about another Ancient again.

Until that one you didnt see comes up behind  you and *@##$ slaps your energy away lol

Yeah, Ancient Disruptors are OP as F***

If Lieutenant Lech Kril can't destroy my shields in 2 entire combos, then some random enemy sure as hell shouldn't be able to take them out with 1 hit.

Edited by Aeshi

+Stop spamming them 

+ 30% / 50% / 100 energy , not all the fu&&*@!!

Too much punishment for a single mistake, and the only thing player care about in the whole infested stage. That just faking wrong and lazy design