Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves"

Eidolon_Slayer

From 16 votes of dynamic or static shot capacity on a revolver.

-10 votes for 6 shots

-6 votes for more than 6

Cylinder capacity will be at 6:

Now, with the cylinder at 6 shots, the revolver will receive slight buffs to damage related stats.

What I want to know for this thread, is what stats you think would best be suited for a revolver. Below is are two images of the kind of revolver I’m planning for my concept. Both have very different reloading techniques, one requires bullets to be loaded individually, whereas the other has the option to use a speed loader.

Bullet-by-bullet:

Colt 1851 Navy  cartridge converted

Spoiler

46a6dfdb60b8a2242295b618785e896f.jpg

Estimated size when someone holds it (hickock45)

Spoiler

mqdefault.jpg

Speed loader optional:

S&W M500 - Don’t mind the scope

Spoiler

tb_lg_SAndW500c.jpg

Strawpoll:

http://strawpoll.me/6966386

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

11 minutes ago, SubjectL said:

I say puncture because  it seems to be powerful, and powerful guns puncture more then they do slash in real life.

Do you think the current revolvers in Warframe feel weak? Like there's not enough "oomph" to their shots? Not talking about damage for this particular question.

13 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Do you think the current revolvers in Warframe feel weak? Like there's not enough "oomph" to their shots? Not talking about damage for this particular question.

I feel they are a bit to "week" I love pistols, they are the best weapon to me, but in warframe.. They are so.. Weak.. They can hardly be used, yes, you got a few good ones, but out of a lot of them, Its bad, I feel a new one along with reworks and i would be in love with warframe again.

Well How about a Special Effect....From my knowledge of revolver basically fire as fast as you can pull the trigger that being said a revolver with a maximum of only 6 bullets seem pretty okay since they fire as hell as fast but reload time tends to be long.

So how about a special effect on the gun were the faster you cleared the barrel as your shooting with it the increase the reload rate just make the gun have the mechanic of reload as the strun wrath?

4 minutes ago, Leavith said:

Well How about a Special Effect....From my knowledge of revolver basically fire as fast as you can pull the trigger that being said a revolver with a maximum of only 6 bullets seem pretty okay since they fire as hell as fast but reload time tends to be long.

So how about a special effect on the gun were the faster you cleared the barrel as your shooting with it the increase the reload rate just make the gun have the mechanic of reload as the strun wrath?

I've thought about that before, but then I realized that it just breaks balance (depending on stats).

Just now, RevivedEdgeLord said:

I've thought about that before, but then I realized that it just breaks balance (depending on stats).

U seen how you reload the strun while it shoots well and has good mechanics is reload you put in one bullet at a time to fire.

and the revolver such as the vasto or ak vasto or prime vasto have already fire bulets as fast you press them mechanic but with the touch of reload in one quick shot.

So what I am basically suggesting that in turn have the strun reload mechanic were each bullet that is put in counts has is own reload ....which is not convenient but it make it pretty cool mechanic...But just as that work the faster you clear out your clip the faster you will reload.I feel like that in itself is a nerf for the weapon and a buff that attach itself to performance.THen just give the weapon greater damage to make up for the fact and maybe allow bullets to provide impact procs and stagger on shots.

5 minutes ago, Leavith said:

U seen how you reload the strun while it shoots well and has good mechanics is reload you put in one bullet at a time to fire.

and the revolver such as the vasto or ak vasto or prime vasto have already fire bulets as fast you press them mechanic but with the touch of reload in one quick shot.

So what I am basically suggesting that in turn have the strun reload mechanic were each bullet that is put in counts has is own reload ....which is not convenient but it make it pretty cool mechanic...But just as that work the faster you clear out your clip the faster you will reload.I feel like that in itself is a nerf for the weapon and a buff that attach itself to performance.THen just give the weapon greater damage to make up for the fact and maybe allow bullets to provide impact procs and stagger on shots.

Already thought about those concepts before I made the thread. Especially the one about a reload speed buff % depending on how fast the gun is emptied.

I don't think you understand what I meant from bullet-by-bullet reload, so here's a video demonstrating it:

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

On the one hand, I'd want a Navy Revolver, because I love westerns (The Good,The Bad, and The Ugly being my favorite movie of all time), but on the other hand, I'd want a revolver that is on par (or even superior to) the Lex Prime, and the Model 500 fits that bill perfectly. 

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly
In reference to the OP.

2 hours ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

On the one hand, I'd want a Navy Revolver, because I love westerns (The Good,The Bad, and The Ugly being my favorite movie of all time), but on the other hand, I'd want a revolver that is on par (or even superior to) the Lex Prime, and the Model 500 fits that bill perfectly. 

Psst look forward to my next thread, I'll show you an idea that'll fulfill that want.